Chapter 19

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Jason smoothed down Jaejoong's hair and smiled down at him, watching him sleep.
 
Across the room, Junsu and Yoochun watched the sleeping couple.
 
"Even if I don't like him being with Jaejoong, its not like we have a reason other than wanting him to be with Yunho", whispered Junsu to Yoochun.
 
"Right. Jason's really sweet to him. Look. If you were on me, I'd have pushed you off. You're heavy", whispered Yoochun, back.
 
Junsu rolled his eyes, "Why would I even be on you? I'm the one with a girl friend. Pretty sure I'd be the guy in our relationship."
 
"What the heck, Junsu? I'm way more manly than you are."
 
"Okay, you challenge Sungmin as aegyo king.
 
"Whatever..." snorted Yoochun, rolling his eyes.
 
Jaejoong began to stir on Jason's chest and Jason shushed them.
 
The door burst open and they heard a yell, "Where are you guys? Where is everyone?"
 
Jaejoong stirred and struggled to sit up. Once he was up, he cutely rubbed his eyes and called out, "We're in here..."
 
Changmin burst into the room and waved around his bag. There were tears in his eyes and he was scrubbing at them furiously with his other hand.
 
"Look, look, at this!" he exclaimed. He passed the papers out from his bag and as they scanned them, he began sobbing while dancing around wildly.
 
"Is this legit?" asked Yoochun, looking up from his contract.
 
"This is too much", said Junsu, his eyes becoming watery.
 
Jaejoong grabbed for his and picked them up. He read in silence and began crying, quietly.
 
"How did this happen?" he asked.
 
"SM is releasing an official apology to JYJ and TVXQ. Youngmin arranged it all", explained Changmin, wiping tears from his face.
 
Jason sat silently, watching Jaejoong's face. His phone beeped and he looked at it. “I have a meeting. I’ll see you in a little bit.”
 
After he had left, they all sat in silence looking around at each other. Finally, Jaejoong broke the silence.
 
"Where is he?" Jaejong asked. Changmin just shook his head.
 
"Is this some ploy to get me back? Because, I told him that I could only love Yun---" he stopped.
 
"I mean, I told him that I couldn't love him", finished Jaejoong, his eyes downcast.
 
 
"No, Jaejoong, it isn‘t a ploy to get you back. Youngmin-- Youngmin died this morning", said Changmin.
 
"What are you talking about?" asked Jaejoong.
 
"He died this morning. His heart failed. He'd been in the hospital for a while now", explained Changmin.
 
"No, no. That's impossible. I just saw him a month and a half ago. He was fine when I saw him."
 
"Jaejoong, he's dead. Are you okay?" asked Changmin, watching him.
 
"I mean, he can't be dead. That's not fair. He just ruins my life and then tries to patch it up all in one swoop? And then, he dies before I can yell at him for it?" Jaejoong shook his head.
 
"Did you--- did you care about him?" said Yoochun, tentatively.
 
Jaejoong shook his head, not seeming to hear him. He stood up from the couch and grabbed his jacket.
 
"Where's the hospital? I have to talk to him."
 
"He's dead", said Changmin.
 
Jaejoong shook his head and walked out of the room.
 
"Should we go after him?" asked Yoochun.
 
Changmin shook his head. "Yeah, I guess we should. But, he does need time to grieve. Let's not follow him too closely."
 
A/N: Okay. I'm finally up to date with the posting. In fact, this is a brand new chapter. Anyway, I hope you all will continue to support this story through the difficulties we had! Love you all~!