Chapter 28

When It's Time to Let Go

Yunho looked over at the sleeping Jaejoong and smiled. They'd arrived at their destination almost fifteen minutes ago but Yunho refused to wake up the peaceful Jaejoong. This was the only time it wasn't awkward or hostile between them and he liked that. His eyes drifted to Jaejoong's lips. He watched as sub-conciously Jaejoong poked out his tongue and his lips. Yunho could feel himself tighten as he stared at the gesture. He wanted so badly to take this man and kiss him until he couldn't see a damn thing around him.

But, if he wanted to restore their relationship, he couldn't do that. He couldn't just kiss him, could he?

 

He decided to take the chance and leaned over and pressed his lips to the others. Jaejoong's eyes flew open and he stared at Yunho's closed eyelids. He didn't move but snapped his eyes back shut to enjoy the moment. Wait? Enjoy the moment? Jaejoong pushed Yunho off him and stared at the man like he was crazy.

 

"Are you out of your mind? I have a boyfriend, Yunho! We've been broken up almost three years. What the hell is wrong with you?" he shouted.

Yunho pulled away, trying to regain his breath. Even though it had been a slight peck, he could feel his heart racing and blood pounding in his ears. He couldn't even manage a protest or an argument, he just couldn't.

"Now, you said you wanted to talk, but I'm not going to let you ually harass me. Let's just talk, okay?" Towards the end, there was a plea in Jaejoong's voice.

"Right, let's talk. Just hold on a second. I need to clear my head."

Yunho turned off the car and walked outside and into the foliage. He had driven to a mountain town that he and Jaejoong had frequented during DBSK's earlier days. As things got busier and their popularity sky-rocketed, the time spent here had diminished and eventually disappeared. He started walking up the mountain, not sure if Jaejoong would follow and not even able to focus on that.

Jaejoong did follow him, though. He was quiet; partly because he didn't know what to say and partly because he was afraid of what Yunho might do next. Millions of thoughts were burning through his head; what was Yunho wanting to talk about? why were they here? what were his feelings?

Yunho, too, was conflicted. He wanted to be with Jaejoong; that kiss had solidified that in his mind. But how would he do it? How would he win back the love of his life? He'd done wrong but not enough to deserve this. Why was Jaejoong making everything so difficult?

He turned abruptly, his anger getting the best of him. Jaejoong bumped into him and then fell back onto the ground.

"Are you okay?" asked Yunho, his anger dissipating. He held his hand out and Jaejoong took it. Yunho pulled him up and caught him in his arms. It wasn't quite a hug but it had the same effect on Yunho that a hug would have had.

"I'm fine", said Jaejoong, awkwardly. He too was feeling the effects of the hug. He pulled away and chewed his lips looking at Yunho.

"Let's talk here", said Yunho, motioning to a moss-dampened log. They walked over and sat on opposite ends of the log in silence. Jaejoong was the one to break it.

"Yunho, what are we doing?"

"We're talking. Well, we will soon. If I can think of what to say...", said Yunho.

"I mean, with the whole WGM thing? Why did we choose to do that? We should have rejected", said Jaejoong, unhappily.

"I don't think so. It'll boost our popularity, brighten our image, and bring us closer. We haven't even been the normal us in so long."

"Us?" scoffed Jaejoong, rolling his eyes. "There is no us."

"There is an us. You know that there will always be an us. We're connected together, no matter what", laughed Yunho, bitterly.

"Yunho, I... can't date you. We can't be together in that way anymore. I--"

"Jaejoong..."

"Don't interrupt me, its my turn to talk", snapped Jaejoong, angrily.

"Alright. Alright. Say what you've got to say!" exclaimed Yunho, a little taken aback.

"My feelings for you... I still have--affection for you. But, I cannot come back to you in that way. I've already moved on to Jason. He cares for me and he's good to me. I like him a lot. I tried to kill myself when you didn't come back because it really hurt. Jason dulls that hurt. And I can't trust myself with you, anymore. What if I cheat on you again? What if something happens to you? I can't trust you or myself. Let's just be friends."

"Friends?" repeated Yunho, as if the word was foreign to him.

"Let's just be friends, all right?" repeated Jaejoong.

Yunho sat in silence. His mind was mulling over everything that had been shared.

Jaejoong just wanted to be friends. Jaejoong wanted to be with Jason because Jason dulled the pain that Yunho had inflicted. He didn't want to hurt Yunho anymore so he would stay with Jason. All those things were flying in his mind like birds trying to escape a crowded cage. But, Yunho was intelligent and the important facts came to his knowledge.

Jaejoong hadn't denied his feelings. Jason only dulled the pain, not took it away. And Jaejoong was worried about hurting him. He had to still be into him. Yunho just had to rekindle those feelings and gain Jaejoong's trust again. It wouldn't be easy but he could do it. He could definitely do it.

"No. I'm going to continue to chase after you. I'm going to keep chasing you until you love me again. You'll love me again. Arraseo?" chuckled Yunho.

Jaejoong looked up at him and couldn't decide whether to reprimand him for not letting him go or to smile at his cuteness. He decided on the latter. Yunho blinked at the bright smile that Jaejoong bestowed on him before smiling back.

--------------------------------------------------

"Hello, I'm Jung Yunho. Welcome to We Got Married. Today, I will be finding out who it is I will marry. Many people are guessing who it will be. I am, too. I am hoping that it will be Hwangbo-ssi or Jun Jihyun-ssi. I hope she will be pretty and good at cooking. And I hope she will be nice. Anyway, shall we go inside?"

Yunho walked into the room and sat down, looking around and waited for his 'spouse' to walk in. Jaejoong walked in and Yunho feigned surprised.

"Jaejoong-ssi, what are you doing?" asked Yunho, laughing.

"We're marrying! Apparently, it should be okay..." said Jaejoong, blushing nervously.

"Well, I'm okay with this, I guess", said Yunho, chuckling.

Yunho walked over to Jaejoong and laughed.

"This will be quite different", he laughed.

He high-fived Jaejoong who laughed as well.

================================================

Authors Note: Well, hello, there all! It's been a while, huh? I'm sorry. There are only three weeks of school left this year and I've got to FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!! I will update once a week and then really update once finals and tests are over. Please enjoy this chapter.

 

Has anyone heard the new SNSD song? It's from the sub-group TaTiSeo. It's got some of the EXO boys in it. And here are the lyrics:
 
OH MY FREAKING GOSH, I TWINKLE. EVEN WITH DULL CLOTHES ON, I ING TWINKLE. TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR. I DON'T CARE. I'M A BIGASS ING STAR. TWINKLE, ES. I'M TWINKLY. YOU HATE IT? DON'T GIVE A . I'M THE TWINKLIEST HERE. SM GIVES US TOO MUCH MONEY AND SO WE THINK WE TWINKLE. OH MY GOD, WE JUST MADE OURSELVES MORE ANTIS. TWINKLE ING TWINKLE.

 

Comment Replies
 
@Sarah_OT5- You have Twitter? Follow me!!! @ilovesujugrawr I will follow you back!!
@stinymush- WGM is We Got Married. They hire stars to be on the show and pretend to be married. Leeteuk from Super Junior is on there with Kang Sora. And there are some other SuJu members on there, I think Eunhyuk. Victoria and Nickhun were also on there, really popular couple la.
@proudtobe-ELFandCass@ Oh okay, Thanks. I didn't notice it was so short. Mian.
@hjonghyun- Mmkay. Thanks! I think Sora and Teuk kissed a couple episodes back, though.
@lisepooh- Junsu is very dense. haha. And yes, compromising situations are coming!!!