Chapter 14

When It's Time to Let Go

 

"You're an ape!" Yoochun shouted. Jaejoong pouted and stuck out his tongue. His idea had been stolen! Yoochun laughed and stood up to take his turn. Right then, the doorbell rang.
 
"You're already up, answer the door", teased Jaejoong. Yoochun pulled a face and bounced off to answer the door. They heard the door open.
 
"Who are you?" said a voice. Yoochun looked over at everyone and then turned back to the door. "I know who I am. Who are you?" retorted Yoochun.
 
Changmin pttched, "How do you come to someone's house and ask who they are?" He seemed to forget that it was just Jaejoong's house.
 
"I'm Dr. Jason Jang. Is Jaejoong here?"
 
Jaejoong pushed himself off the couch and walked over to the door. His face lit up visibly as he peered out and saw Jason.
 
"Come in, Jason. I'll introduce you to everyone. This is Yoochun, one of my dongsaengs. My other dongsaengs are in here, this is Changmin and that's Junsu." He pointed them out as they entered the room.
 
Once everyone was seated, he said, "Everyone this is my doctor, Dr. Jang."
 
Changmin snorted. "Aren't you a little young to be a doctor?"
 
Jason explained about him being a child genius. Yoochun watched him, warily.
 
"Seems you don't believe me. I could show you my credentials, my graduation certificate, my contract to work for Jaejoong..." He shrugged.
 
"You work for Jaejoong? He hired you?" asked Junsu, disbelievingly.
 
"No, Jaedidn't hire me. Lee Kwang-il hired me." That was JYJ's manager. "But, I work for Jaejoong completely. I don't work for JYJ or the company, just Jae. I'm his personal doctor, cook, maid, assistant, friend... Anything he needs me to be I am."
 
Jaejoong caught his eye and blushed deeply.
 
"How do you all know Jaejoong?" asked Jason, leaning against the couch.
 
"We're all in a band together. We're like brothers", explained Junsu. Changmin opened his mouth to correct him but Yoochun elbowed him.
 
"Whats the name of your group? I moved here from the United States, so my knowledge of Kpop is slim. I prefer indie music."
 
"We're not all that famous", blurted out Jaejoong. Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin all glared at him.
 
"Really, Jae?" said Yoochun.
 
"What?" said Jaejoong, sending him a look.
 
"That's a lie that will not last long. Poseidon and Protect the Boss re-runs are on all the time", said Changmin, shaking his head.
 
"Why'd you have to mention Poseidon?" snapped back Jaejoong.
 
"I love Poseidon", piped up Jason, attempting to dispel the nervous energy.
 
"Because Yunho is a member of DBSK", said Junsu.
 
Jaejoong's eyes flashed angrily and he opened his mouth but was interrupted before he could speak.
 
"Wasn't it my turn?" mused Yoochun.
 
He stood up and began his charade.
 
-------------------------------
 
Jaejoong looked down at the floor and saw Yoochun and Junsu cuddling together on the floor once again. Changmin looked at Jaejoong and the two burst into silent laughter.
 
"Don't wake them up", laughed Changmin. Jaejoong giggled. Changmin's phone beeped and he looked at it.
 
"Hyung, I've got to get going. Jess wants me to meet her at the hospital."
 
Jaejoong nodded and watched as Changmin left. He stood up and stretched. He started grabbing dirty bowls and plates. Jason jumped up to help him.
 
"I've got it", he whispered. Jason shook his head, "No, I'll help you."
 
Jaejoong began loading the dishes into the dishwasher. Jason leaned back against the counter, watching him.
 
"Are you upset about something?" Jaejoong asked, looking up at him.
 
"I'm just wondering what it is you haven't told me."
 
Jaejoong shook his head, averting his eyes.
 
"I thought we were closer than that. We've become such great friends and I just thought..." Jason trailed off.
 
"There's just so much that I want to forget and never have to relieve whether through memories or actuality", explained Jaejoong, sighing.
 
Jason circled his hand around Jae's thin wrist.
 
"I want to help you forget. Just let me in", he whispered.
 
Jaejoong stared up at him, his eyes watching without his mind registering what was going on. Jason's head came down and their lips crashed together, softly. If that was possible...
 
It was a simple kiss but Jaejoong could feel his senses going into overdrive. Jason's lips were soft and tasted like Chunky Monkey ice cream and mint. He smelled like peaches. He could hear his heart going a mile a minute. It was so completely surreal.