Chapter 46

When It's Time to Let Go

It's been a while since I updated... Sorry, guys. The story is coming to an end~ There are about two or three more chapters and then its finished. The chapters won't be that long though, probably. Pretty much fillers to wrap the story up.

“Do you fold?” laughed Junsu across the court.

Yoochun stuck out his tongue and shouted back, “Never. Rematch!

Somehow Junsu was beating Yoochun in basketball.

“No, I’m just kidding. It’s too hot so I am tired”, said Junsu. His breath was a bit labored. The two entered through the closed porch and inside they ran into Cece, the daughter of the proprietor.

“Whew! You boys must be burning up. Why don’t you go take a shower and meet back on the closed porch? We’ve got tons of board games and we’ve just taken a batch of cookies out of the oven.”

The two boys ran up the stairs, tripping over each other and laughing loudly.

Cece giggled as she watched them, tumble over each other. “These boys...”

------------

“Changmin-ah, I have a schedule now. I’ll talk to you later”, said Kyuhyun through the microphone. Changmin said goodbye and turned off the game.

Without Kyuhyun, it wasn’t as fun. Now, what should he do? He’d heard Junsu and Yoochun come up the stairs loudly and then descend them just as loudly. Junsu had peeked his head in to tell him that Jaejoong and Yunho were hanging out together in Yunho’s room. He didn’t want to bother them and he didn’t want to be with loud and obnoxious Junsu either.

Suddenly, he remembered something about a garden and bird watching. Maybe he’d go for a walk outside.

After dressing in jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers, Changmin filled a backpack with waters and snacks and a book before going downstairs to go outside.

“Are you going out?”

Changmin and turned to see the proprietor's teenager daughter. What was her name again? He cocked his head in an attempt to remember it.

“Oh I’m sorry. I’m being nosy”, she said, blushing.

“No, its fine. I just forgot your name. I was trying to think of it. I’m Changmin. Nice to meet you.”

“Oh, um. My name is Cece. It’s nice to meet you too”, she answered, a smile growing on her face.

“I’m going for a walk in the gardens. Do you want to join me?” asked Changmin, suddenly. He didn’t know what possessed him to ask but he was glad that he did when her whole face lit up.

“I’d love to. Just one second.”

He watched her as she ran off into a doorway. After about five minutes, she was standing in front of him again. She had changed into black shorts but still had on the red Cassioepia shirt. She also held a bag of cookies in her hands.

“These are fresh from the oven.”

Together, the two walked into the gardens.

“How old are you?” asked Changmin.

“I’m 17. How old are you?”

“I’m 25. So, eight years...”

“Eight years for what?” teased Cece.

“Nothing”, laughed Changmin, a pink blush spreading across his face.