Chapter 50

When It's Time to Let Go

The silence was only permeated by the pings of devestated fans sending in messages from all over the world. Yoochun was the first to speak.

"We all have to go at one point."

Changmin nodded slowly and added, "Yeah. We all have to go and the quicker that we can leave, the quicker that we can return as one."

Even with the reassuring words, the comment box was still being attacked with the cyber-wails of a very upset fandom.

DBSKLuvvaaa says: Oppa, how will Yunjae continue?

YunjaeBestFriends says: Please don't go. I will cry!

HoMinYay says: Finally! send off the other three ugly as well.

DancingQueen reply to HoMinYay: Kill yourself.

Bbgood reply to HoMinYay: Troll, get out of here!

Mrs.HeroJaejoong: Don't you know about North Korea's missile crisis and they are warring against our country?

"I don't want anyone to be greatly trooubled by this. I am going as a non-idol recruit to fulfill my duty to the country that has borne and raised me. I want to be able to protect the fans who have protected and loved me. I hope to become a better person who can show a good face the next time I am on the stage. I hope that you will honor and support this decision."

"Well said Jaejoong hyung", said Junsu, nodding.

Since Jaejoong had announced his decision, Yunho had remained silent and unmoving. Even when the manager peeked in to yell, "One hour until showtime, fifteen minutes until we open the doors!", he didn't even turn to look.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye...", said Yunho, "Please stream and enjoy Dong Bank Shin Ki's goodbye stage." He pasted on a stiff grin as the five boys bowed to the fans. The webcam was turned off and the laptop was shut down before any other words were spoken.

"What the hell, Kim Jaejoong?" screamed Yunho.

Everyone started in surprise, staring at their red-faced leader.

"Why are you going now? Your defferment lasts a whole more year. What are you doing when its so dangerous? We haven't even gotten to be together!"

Jaejoong sighed and began to speak but was cut off by Yunho. "I cannot believe how selfish you are!"

"Yunho, I can't believe you how selfish you are. Just shut up and let me talk. There is a reason that I am leaving now and I'd like to explain."

Yunho took a step back, his angry face turning into a mask of pain and hurt. Jaejoong didn't look him in the eyes. He couldnt.

"I have been an awful person. I've done nothing but hurt you and later, I hurt Jason. I'm selfish and I don't know how to have an adult relationship. I plan to be with you for the rest of my life and to do that, I have to grow up. I don't want to make the same mistakes and hurt you. I'd rather you be happy without me. I'm going to the military to fix myself. I'm not going as Hero. I'm just going as Kim Jaejoong. Protecting the country and learning to be an adult."

Yunho was dumbstruck. He couldn't argue with the reasoning but he didn't want to let the love of his life go to do something so dangerous. His shoulders slumped, defeated.

"I love you", he said, finally. Jaejoong smiled.

"I know. I love you too."

"Well, let's go make this last stage our best", said Changmin.

The sadness slipped away and the room was filled with an energy that was exciting and electrifying.

"Annyeonghaseyo", yelled Yunho.

"We are...", shouted Jaejoong.

Junsu smirked before screaming, "Dong!"

"Bang!" said Yunho, solemnly.

"Shin", intoned Changmin.

"Ki!" The five voices entwined as one.

The crowd went wild as red lights filled the stadium.


 

Well, that’s all folks. Whew. I’m so excited to have finished my first story ever. It was so much fun. A little insight to the ending before I continue: I really started to dislike Jaejoong as a person. His character was very selfish and since I was planning a sequel, I figured it would be good for me to send him off to grow up and then segue back into the story as a better person. So, if you won my contest a couple months ago, the teaser you got is no longer relevant. Sorry.

 

Thanks to everyone who has stayed reading this for over a year. Thanks to everyone who has continued to give moral support and comment on the story such as proudtobe-ELF-and-Cass. Out of the 143 subscribers, about five people comment regularly although it has been proven that some of my readers read from their phones. So, I’ve got about fifteen people still reading? And that’s a bit disheartening but it did take me forever to finish this story. With that being said, I do not think I will continue this. I have one short fic, one multi-shot, and one fanfiction that I need to focus on. I don’t think its fair to put those off any longer.  If I can get proof that at least half of my subscribers are still reading [comments and votes], I will start the sequel.


That’s everything. Thanks so much for being the best readers, ever. Bye!

p.s. I will update this story later with a background and a final poster.