Chapter 4

When It's Time to Let Go

 

The two groups looked at each other, contemplating. Luna and Nickhun immediately shared a conniving look. They had their plan without even speaking. Yunho and Jaejoong on the other hand looked awkward and pained.
 
“This should be good”, said Kyuhyun, loudly. Everyone looked at him, shaking their heads.
 
“When he does it, its Onew condition”, sang Jia, imitating the members of SHINee. It really seemed like Kyuhyun had developed Onew condition with his ability to make any situation awkward.
 
 Kyuhyun smirked and put a hand over his mouth
 
“We’re both guys…” said Jaejoong.
 
“Well, Jaejoong’s pretty girly-looking, I think you could make it work with some props”, said Hyunjin, laughing.
 
The staffers brought on a box of props and immediately the Nickhun, Luna, and Jaejoong got to work picking out props. They weren’t allowed to talk to discuss what their skit would be about.
 
When they finished, Nickhun had on large green glasses and a purse. Luna was wearing a tie and had a briefcase in her hands. Jaejoong was wearing a black hair wig and Yunho hadn’t changed at all.
 
“Yunho and Jaejoong had the highest points so we’ll have them go first.”
 
Jaejoong: Yunho-ah, let’s go to shopping today.
Yunho: Anniya, I’m tired. I’ve just come back from a hard day at work.
[Outside of Skit/ Judge 1: I wonder what route they’re taking. It seems like it’ll be comedy and not as tragic or serious as their other skits.]
Jaejoong: *whines* But, Yunho… It’s the day after Valentine’s Day and we didn’t even go out.
Yunho: That’s because you were “out” *does finger quoations*
Jaejoong: What does that mean? *grows angry*
Yunho: I know where you’ve been. I saw you with your boss.
[Outside of Skit/ Jaejoong realizes that this might not be “just a skit”.]
Jaejoong: What? My boss is just a friend. You’re the one I love.
Yunho: Do you think I’ll believe that after what I saw yesterday? Go, just go.
Jaejoong: How do you think this will hurt the kids? *begins crying*
[Outside of Skit/ Jaejoong could feel himself starting to really cry. These weren’t tears from acting. But, tears from knowing that what Yunho was saying was what he felt.]
Yunho: If they support you even after what they did, I don’t care.
Jaejoong: Aren’t you being immature? You don’t even know the whole story. And if you won’t even stop to listen to what I have to say, well, I don’t want to be with you.
Yunho: Fine.
[End Skit]
 
The whole room burst into claps and there were even some tears in the judges eyes.
 
“Wah~ even though you’re both boys, you truly showed a romantic relationship on the rocks. That was awesome”, said one of the judges.
 
Yunho nodded and went back to his seat. Jaejoong followed him. Nickhun and Luna took the stage casually laughing and joking around. While he watched their performance, Yunho could feel Jaejoong’s gaze on him. He didn’t dare return the gaze. He knew he’d cry.
 
In a daze, the MC’s announced that this week’s winners would be announced in the next episode and that they’d see them next time. The idols bowed and the filming ended. Everyone was quick to get their stuff together and go. The filming had started at 10 pm and had just ended at 1 am the next morning. They were al tired and ready to go home for some rest before the day’s schedules began.
 
“Yunho, where’s the car?” asked Changmin. They were standing out in the cold, waiting for their manager to pick them up. He’d gone off for a drink and hadn’t come back.
 
“I don’t know. Let’s just grab a taxi and fire him in the morning.”
 
Changmin chuckled and the two shivered in the cold. It was early February and the weather was cold but dry.
 
A car drove up and a driver got out. It wasn’t their manager. They watched as JYJ made their way over to the car and got in.
 
That reminded him… Changmin turned to Yunho and said, “What was that skit about?”
 
“You know what it was about”, said Yunho. Changmin nodded. He did know it was about. He knew what had happened.
 
~~~In JYJ’s car~~~
“That was an interesting skit”, said Junsu, opening a bag of chips. He began shoveling them into his mouth, hungrily. Yoochun rolled his eyes and dipped his hand into the bag as well.
 
“I didn’t expect it to take that turn. I figured it was just business, like he said. But, he was letting out his true feelings, I think”, said Jaejoong, quietly.
 
Yoochun reached over to hug Jaejoong. The hug was unreturned.
Pulling up to their apartment complex, the van came to a stop. The driver came around, opened the door, and escorted the boys inside. The surplus security guards also surrounded them as fans began swarming.
 
“Yunho, Yunjae”, shouted some of the fans.
 
Jaejoong just smiled his usual smile. “Why don’t they just leave me alone?” he thought. He was sure he was going to cry and tried to hurry to the elevator.
 
Once they reached the elevator, the security guards held off the fans and paparazzi. Once the bell reached their floor, the driver and security guards returned to the ground floor. They began walking the hallway to their apartments.
 
“Oh, hey guys!” called out a voice. They turned to see Dongwoo. He was standing next to his sister, Tiffany, who was a member of the girl group, Dynamite!.
 
“Oh my god, its JYJ! My dongsaeng was just on a show with you guys. She just got home and texted me about meeting you. How cool…” commented Tiffany in a perky and upbeat voice.
 
Yoochun immediately smiled and walked over to Tiffany.
 
“Nice to meet you. Luna was such a pleasure to work with. She’s hilarious. I hope we’ll get to work with you soon, as well.”
 
He winked and Tiffany giggled.
 
“You’re adorable!” she cooed.
 
“We’re headed to my apartment. Want to come in for drinks?” asked Dongwoo.
 
“Oh, no. We’re going to bed. We’re tired out. Luna was saying that the apartment was trashed. Is that why you’re here?” asked Junsu.
 
Tiffany nodded. “Apparently, we have some antis already. It’s really disheartening but the fans that rallied around to help us clean this morning were great. We even told them that we weren’t planning to stay there any longer but they still helped us clean so we wouldn’t have to play the cleaning fees. They’re so sweet.”
 
After a couple more minutes of talking, they departed each to their separate destinations.
 
A/N: I hated the skit, it just didn't seem powerful enough. Oh well, maybe I'll edit it if I get more inspiration. Its short, I know. Sorry. :( Thanks for reading.