Chapter 6

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Changmin tossed and turned in his bed. He felt sick to his stomach knowing what Youngmin was doing. He looked over at the clock. 8am. It was his free day and he’d planned to sleep in, but that wasn’t happening.
 
Getting out of bed, he readied himself to go out for the day. All the while, an internal battle was raging. Almost by magic, there appeared two guides on his shoulder; one demonic and one angelic.
 
The demon looked at Changmin and shook his head.
 
“Don’t, just don’t. If they find out what you made Jaejoong do, all three of them will hate you. You’ll have no one. You won’t have Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu, or Jaejoong. You’ll be all alone. Don’t do it. It was Jaejoong‘s choice to keep going.”
 
The angel poked his tongue out.
 
“Oh shut up, Min. You and I both know that in this case, him doing the right thing is the best choice. They’re your best friends, your hyungs. They’ll love you no matter what. Jaejoong chose to protect you which means he’ll always forgive you. Yunho and you have spent two more years together than everyone else, he’ll definitely forgive you--”
 
“But, Yunho loves Jaejoong’, interrupted the demon.
 
The angel sighed. “I know. That might be a problem. But, eventually Yunho will understand. Yoochun and Junsu will support you as well.”
 
“Why would Jaejoong love me? I betrayed him when he got caught. I sided with Yunho instead even though I knew what was going on. Even if he and Yunho do reunite, why would he convince Yunho to forgive me?”, said Changmin.
 
“That’s true. Maybe you are screwed…” said the angel.
 
“Seriously, Chang? No, no, you’re not screwed”, the demon shot a glare at the angel. “Come on, Changmin. The five of you have been together forever. They’re going to support you no matter what. That’s how a family works and the five of you are a family.”
 
“What, aren’t you supposed to be convincing me otherwise?” said Changmin.
 
“Well, I could try. But, its hard to lie about something like this. You have to tell the truth in this situation. Jaejoong protected you all that time, now its your turn to protect him. Whether you’re forgiven or not, its your duty”, finished the demon.
 
With that, the two guides were gone.
 
“Did I really just day dream about two angels convincing me to do the right thing?” wondered Changmin to himself.
 
He shrugged. It didn’t matter anymore. He knew what had to be done.
 
He ran out of his room and down the hall to Yunho’s apartment. He banged on the door and opened it with his key.
 

A/N: It's short, I know. But, I have written everything up until two chapters left. And there's many weird cut-off points. Mianhae-yo~! I wish I had an editor. Blehh, editing myself is so frustrating. Anyone up for the job? Keke~!

Comment Replies

Karijaemin: I will! Kamsamnida.
nva4eva: Changmin knows what Youngmin and Jaejoong have been talking about. Or the general gist of it. I'm sorry for not making that clear.