Chapter 27

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Light shone onto Jaejoong’s eye lids. Without opening his eyes, he rolled over to face away from the broad bay window. He felt an arm wrap around him and he snuggled in closer.
 
“I need to get up“, said Jaejoong, sighing.
 
Mumbles of protest were followed by Jaejoong getting out of the bed and walking over to a chair to put on his socks and shoes. Jason watched him from the bed, where he was still sprawled out.
 
“I know”, said Jaejoong. “But, Yunho and I are meeting up for lunch and after that, we’re going to record our first comeback stage. After that, we’re having a group meeting to discuss our plans for our tour. We’re thinking of doing a world tour.”
 
Jason nodded, not actually caring. He threw his arm over his eyes. “Sounds fun. I’ll miss you.”
 
“I’ll miss you, too”, said Jaejoong, smiling.
 
As Jaejoong finished getting his things together, the room was met with silence and finally, soft snores. Jaejoong smiled, looking back at Jason, before leaving the apartment.
 
In the lobby, Jaejoong hailed a taxi and waited inside, wrapped in four scarfs and wearing a hat. When the taxi came, he gave it the directions to the bus station. At the bus station, he was met by his driver who drove him back home.
 
Jaejoong opened the doors and made sure to lock them behind him. Once safely inside, he unwrapped the scarves and took off the wool cap. He made his way to the bathroom and readied to take a shower.
 
After his shower, he could hear people moving about the house and figured that the other four members were up and awake. He wrapped a towel around his waist and grabbed another to dry his hair.
 
As he walked out, he walked smack into someone else. This sent him sprawling to the bathroom floor.
 
“Ugh” moaned Jaejoong. His tailbone was definitely in pain.
 
“I’m so sorry”, said a female voice.
 
Jaejoong’s head snapped up and he got off the ground.
 
“Who are you?” he asked, looking around for whoever she belonged to.
 
“I’m Tricia. I’m with Junsu.”
 
Jaejoong nodded, slowly. He was still trying to take in the situation.
 
“He’s so weird. Before, we left for this place, he made me sign a privacy agreement. How weird is that… Anyway, I’m going to shower and then I’ve got to catch my flight back to Africa.”
 
Jaejoong nodded and stepped away from the bathroom. She smiled at him one more time before going into the bathroom. Jaejoong shook his head, but stayed silent as he walked to his room to get dressed.
 
At the lunch table, Jaejoong wasn’t sure whether to bring up what he had witnessed this morning. Fortunately, Junsu brought it up first.
 
“Jae, you met Tracy right?” said Junsu, spooning rice into his mouth.
 
“Tricia, you mean…” corrected Jaejoong.
 
Junsu shrugged and picked up his chopsticks. “Whatever… But, you met her right? She was pretty, right? She looked pretty last night but alcohol makes anyone pretty, you know?”
 
Yoochun snorted, slamming down his spoon. Everyone stared at him as he stood up from the table and walked out. But, not before giving a derisive look to Junsu.
 
“What’s his problem?” asked Junsu, rolling his eyes.
 
“As if you don’t know”, laughed Changmin.
 
“No, I don’t know. Do tell…” said Junsu, sarcastically. He folded his hands together, anticipating.
 
“Let’s talk”, whispered Jaejoong to Yunho, eager to escape the ensuing carnage. Yunho nodded and the two excused themselves from the table.
 
As they were walking out the door, Changmin ran out after them.
 
“Yah! You can’t just leave us to do the dishes!” he yelled.
 
Yunho waved his hand, “Yet we are!”
 
The door shut firmly behind them.
 
“Where should we go? We can’t just go to any coffee shop or restaurant…” sighed Jaejoong.
 
“I know a place. Get in the car. Let’s go.”
 
The ride was awkward for a while but then Jaejoong fell asleep almost immediately. His long night was catching up to him.
 
Comment Replies
 
@BananasForJae- YooSu <3 Thanks!
@hjonghyun- YooSu <3 I've actually never seen WGM. So, if you know how it works, please let me know!
@proudtobe-ELFandCass- Suju forever. They're so amazing. Just, ugh, I can't explain. Uh, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't know what Beats Boys is. Link?
@Alice-tvxq- Thank you!
@Sarah_OT5 & @hye_woo- I got this inspiration from someone's Twitter that said "[CONFIRMED] WGM Yunjae" and I got so excited until I discovered it was just a troll. :(