Chapter 35

When It's Time to Let Go

Almost immediately after he pressed the send button, Jaejoong regretted it. He watched as seconds later, Jason called him. He hit the reject button, turned the phone on silent, and walked out of his room to join the other members.

"So, what should we do tonight?" asked Jaejoong, putting on a bright smile.

"Let's go drinking!" suggested Yoochun.

"And a noraebang!" said Junsu, excitedly.

As the three youngest members clambered over each other to give their suggestion, Jaejoong couldn't help but notice that Yunho was looking a bit uncomfortable.

"What do you want to do, Yunho?" asked Jaejoong, his voice becoming soft and shy.

"I'm fine with anything as long as its with you", said Yunho, his voice gentle.

Jaejoong glared at him, in order to hide the blush.

"Don't say things like that! Anyway, we'll go to a food stall and then to a noraebang. Does that sound good to everyone?"

The three youngest chorused with 'Yes!' and began racing towards the door.

"But first, I need a shower. I didn't shower at all at the hospital", said Jaejoong, his nose crinkling when he sniffed his pits.

"I couldn't tell. I thought that was your natural scent", teased Changmin, poking out his tongue.

Jaejoong made his way to the bathroom, stopping to knock Changmin in the head on his way.

==============================

30 minutes later, Jaejoong bounded out of his bedroom and twirled around to show off the outfit he had put together.

"I thought we were just going to a food stall", said Junsu, looking down at his jeans and t-shirt.

"Yeah. You look like you're about to go clubbing", said Changmin, screwing up his face in concentration.

"Is it the hoop earrings? I thought they were a little much if I had the tips of my ears pierced too", said Jaejoong, reaching for his ears to undo the earrings.

"You could also take off those red leather pants and those platform boots", suggested Yoochun, amicably.

"Then, he'd have nothing but a v-neck on!" exclaimed Yunho, cutting his eyes to Yoochun snarkily.

"As if you'd have a problem with that!" snorted Changmin, almost falling over from laughter. Yoochun attempted to hold him up while Junsu shook his head and chuckle.d

Both Jaejoong and Yunho flushed in embarassment at their maknae's brazen behavior.

"I think you look great", said Yunho to Jaejoong. Jaejoong smiled, gratefully.

"While you idiots fall all over each other, we are leaving", said Jaejoong, grabbing Yunho's arms. He ignored the tingles that went into his fingers, up his arms, and down his spine. They were out the door and walking towards the nondescript van that the group owned (A/N: of course everyone knows pretty much every DB5K owns at least one car. Jae has like five, I think lol).

"Where are you going?"

Jaejoong blanched and turned, swinging Yunho with him, his hand still tightly gripped to the other man's arm. It was Jason. He was leaning up against the house's outerwall. He stepped down and onto the street where Jaejoong and Yunho stood. His gaze moved low and Jaejoong followed it to where his arm was creating white spots from pressing so hard on Yunho's arms. Jaejoong removed his arm, quickly and took a side step away from Yunho.

"We're going drinking. All of the members are", explained Jaejoong.

"Really? Because, I only see you and Yunho right now."

"Oh well..." Jaejoong trailed off.

Yunho tried to salvalge the situation. He didn't know why since he was working to steal Jaejoong away from Jason, anyway. "Oh, they're coming. They were acting like the monkeys they are and so we left out before them. They'll be out here soon."

"Oh, right Yunho. I forgot to thank you oh so very much for informing me that my patient was sick", said Jason, a biting sarcastic lilt in his voice. He turned back to Jaejoong.

"Why did you ignore my calls?"

"Oh. I was in the shower getting ready for tonight", explained Jaejoong, his eyes growing worried.

"Oh okay. So, now you're going out with Yunho after blowing off our date and not answering my phone calls today?" Jason's generally calm and soothing voice was now rising with each angry word.

"Did you want to do something? I'm sorry, I just..." Jaejoong reached out to put a hand on Jason's arm.

"What I need is for you to stop being such a ", shouted Jason, tearing his arm from Jaejoong's grasp. As he said this, the other three members made their way outside. What happened next was a surprise to everyone.

The events of the past few days paired with the annoyingly high platform boots that Jaejoong wore were just enough to get him off balance and to send him sprawling to the ground. Jason gasped and turned to reach for him but Yunho was quicker. Jason shook his head, glaring at Yunho, and walked off without looking back.

As soon as Jaejoong had been lifted off the ground by Yunho, he tore off after Jason, ignoring the hand that Yunho put out to stop him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Did Jason just---?" Yoochun couldn't even finish his sentence. He just shook his head and sighed.

"I have never even seen him that angry", said Changmin, his eyes wide with shock.

"Well, it looks like WGM is really making him insecure about his relationship with Jaejoong. Good job, Yunho. He'll be gone in no time and out of our hair", exclaimed Junsu, clapping Yunho on the back.

"Hey, I like Jason!" protested Yoochun.

He was promptly elbowed in the stomach by Junsu. Yoochun slapped Junsu on the arm and the two engaged into a minor slap fight.

Yunho walked off to his personal car, ignoring Changmin's calls to 'wait for him'. He got into the car, started the engine, and drove off. The intensity with which he drove was enough to catch Yoochun and Junsu's attention from their fight.

"Wait, so we're not going drinking?" clarified Junsu, looking crestfallen.

Yoochun rolled his eyes and slapped the other man on the head.

"Why did you hit me?"

"Because you're an idiot."

"What is your problem?"

Changmin shook his head and turned around to go into the house to text Kyuhyun. He neeed something to do tonight.