Chapter 21

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Jaejoong sat in the passenger seat of the car. He peeked behind him for the 10th time since he’d gotten in the car almost five minutes ago. There was a brown picnic basket sitting in the back, strapped in by the seatbelt. Jaejoong really wanted to see what was inside but Jason had instructed him not to.
 
Jaejoong sighed and looked around. Jason was nowhere in sight, probably still in his apartment. Jaejoong unbuckled his seatbelt and twisted and reached back to open the lid of the basket.
 
As his hand touched the lid, a loud knock sounded on the window. Jaejoong jumped back to the front seat. In the process, he bumped his head on the ceiling. He struggled to put his seat belt on and look innocent.
 
The driver side door opened and Jaejoong watched as Jason was doubled over laughing. Jaejoong glared at him as he rubbed his head, pouting.
 
“You’re mean!”
 
“I told you not to look, didn’t I? That’s what you get for trying to cheat”, chuckled Jason. He got into the car and looked over at Jaejoong who was pouting and had his arms crossed.
 
“Don’t pout.”
 
He started the car and put it into gear. Jaejoong looked over at him and smiled. He liked watching Jason. He was talented in many things and was a street racer back in the states. He handled the car as if he was a pro and was very comfortable with crazy Seoul traffic.
 
“What are you looking at?” asked Jason, looking over at him.
 
“Oh, nothing. Sorry”, said Jaejoong, turning to the front.
 
The car ride was short but the silence was a bit awkward.
 
They stopped at a familiar local park.
 
“Seriously, the park?” laughed Jaejoong.
 
“Where else do you have a picnic, Jae?” asked Jason, matter-of-factly.
 
He got out of the car and retrieved the picnic basket. When he had locked the car, Jaejoong was standing by the entrance waiting for him.
 
“What are you going to do after I’m ‘well’? Will you return to the States or will you find a job at a hospital here?” asked Jaejoong, suddenly.
 
As they walked aimlessly, they enjoyed each other’s company and conversation.
 
“Actually, that day when I got that call and you got back into SM, that was a call from the hospital. That’s why I was there when you y’know… They want me to start working there in a little bit.”
 
“Why stay here?” ,asked Jaejoong, “I’m sure you’ve got tons of great job opportunities over in America.”
 
Jason nodded. “But, things were bad in America. My fiancée broke it off and I realized that I wasn’t doing what I wanted to do. I flew over here and lived off my hyung for a while before realizing I needed to do something with my life. He got me the job working for you.”
 
Jae nodded at this revelation, taking it in. “I’m glad. I’m not glad that your fiancée broke it off, that’s got to and I know what that feels like. But, I’m glad that it brought you here… to me.”
 
He blushed. Jason grabbed him and held him. Jaejoong squirmed out of his grasp.
 
“We’re in public. What if someone took pictures? Aish~ its even worse because you’re a boy and not a girl.”
 
Jason rolled his eyes and grabbed his hand. “This is the least you can do”, he pouted.
 
Jae nodded and the two continued into a walking path. They walked along the path in silence.
 
“Hey, let me show you a place”, suggested Jason. Jae nodded and they took a fork in the path which led to a heavily wooded area. The wooded area had a path straight through it and the trees seemed to curve to form a shelter.
 
It was quiet, peaceful, and serene.
 
“It’s pretty”, said Jaejoong, softly.
 
‘This isn’t it. Hold on”, said Jason. He pulled him in through the trees. They waded their way through branches and rocks until they reached an incline, or in their case, a decline. It was covered with roots but most of them had been trodden down by frequent footsteps that made a path. The “hill” sloped down until it tapered off at a cliff. Out across the slope on the other side was another slope. In between was a lake. It was clear blue with sparkling water. The ground around it was green and manicured quite nicely.
 
“We’re on a picnic”, exclaimed Jaejoong.
 
Jason rolled his eyes. “Nah, really!”
 
Jaejoong made a face, poking out his tongue. They got down to the cliff and discovered a ledge that led down to the lake and its surrounding bay. They walked down the ledge and settled onto the green grass.
 
The blanket was laid out and the food unpacked.
 
“Did you make all this?” asked Jaejoong to Jason. Jason nodded.
 
It was traditional American picnic fare. There was fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, bread, pie, and lemonade.
 
“This is really cute of you”, cooed Jaejoong. A teasing twinkle was in his eye. For the first time, he saw Jason blush red.
 
“Wah, you’re cute when you blush. Even your neck is red”, Jaejoong laughed.
 
“Stop”, ordered Jason, trying to seem stern. Jaejoong laughed and pecked him on the lips. Jaejoong pulled away and giggled.
 
"That's all?" pouted Jason, pulling him back and closer into his arms. This time he controlled the kiss, dominant and passionate.
 
Although thinking was a little hard with Jason kissing him expertly, the one thing that Jaejoong could think of was how happy he truly was.
 

A/N: OH NO! Where are all my commenters at? :,( I only have two comment replies to give. Le sad. Also, Rooftop Prince and King 2 Hearts have started airing. Rooftop Prince has Mickey Yoochun in it! I will definitely be referring to it in the story although I'm not going to watch it, I may just read recaps. Honestly, King 2 Hearts seems much more interesting. Lee Seung Gi, welcome back to acting. Bang, bang, choochoo train.

Comment Replies

 

@proudtobe-ELFandCass- Haha, I'm sure you hated this chapter then. ^^
@omgomg- I like Jason. He's fun to write.