Chapter 36

When It's Time to Let Go

AUTHOR NOTE: NO EDITING. SHORT. YOU'LL HATE ME, KKKK.

"Jason, wait!" called Jaejoong, running after the other man. Jason stopped abruptly and whirled aboutface. Jaejoong, taken by surprise, jumped back to avoid being clocked in the face.

"My car is back there", Jason muttered angrily. Silently, they made their way back to the place where Jason had parked his Toyota Prius.

Jason said nothing when Jaejoong sat in the passenger seat. He simply buckled his own seatbelt, started his car, and drove manically. The silence was deafening and uncomfortable, broken only by the roar of the engine and the ocassional sliding of things in the backseat from the force of the crazily driven car. The silence kept even after Jason had driven all the way into the underground parking lot of his Gangnam apartment.

In the underground lot, there weren't many cars. This apartment building was easily one of the most affordable things in Gangnam. Its main renters were wealthy students and "independent" chaebols. It was the weekday so most of them were working at their parent's companies or in class. It was a mystery to Jaejoong how Jason afforded his rent. They rode the lift up to the eleventh floor and Jason finally seemed to notice that Jaejoong was beside him.

"Why did you follow me?" asked Jason, angrily. He keyed in the passcode to his apartment and didn't hold the door after he stomped in. Jaejoong followed quickly after him to avoid having the door slammed in his face.

"Because you're angry with me? I don't want you to be angry with me", said Jaejoong, wincing as he yanked his boots and socks off. He sat down to put on the slippers but caught the look on Jason's face. It was tortured.

"Dear God, Jaejoong. Your feet..."

Jaejoong looked down. They looked as bad as they hurt. They were starting to blister and his right ankle looked like it had taken a beating.

"Did I do that?" asked Jason, bending down in front of him to examine the offending ankle.

"There's no way you could have done that. It wouldn't have bruised that quickly. I slipped while taking my shower", lied Jaejoong, giving a slight smile.

Jason helped him up, nevertheless, and brought him to the couch. Jaejoong sunk into the couch and watched as Jason went off to the restroom to fetch the first aid kit he kept in the cabinet. Quickly, Jason knelt back down and began putting ointment on the blisters and put a cold pack onto his ankle.

"So even after you knew you had sprained your ankle, you put on heeled boots? Come on Jaejoong", whispered Jason, concern and shame coloring his face.

Once he was finished and had put everything away, he sat beside him on the couch, propping Jaejoong's foot up.

"I'm sorry, Jae", said Jason, heaving a heavy sigh. Jaejoong opened his mouth to protest but Jason shook his head and kept going.

"I truly thought that I was mature enough to handle you working with your ex, Yunho. And I am. But, We Got Married is really tiresome for me. I saw the previews for the episode and I don't want to watch. I don't want to see you act like that with him. I can't. It hurts."

"Are you breaking up with me?" asked Jaejoong, his eyes growing wide.

Authors Note: :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(LOL FOOLED YA, it's not over kkkk)

 

"No, I don't think so", said Jason, quietly.

"Well, I can't quit DBSK if that's what..."

"Oh gosh, no. Jaejoong, I couldn't be that selfish."

Jaejoong watched as Jason's face seemed to mix with emotions.

"I don't know what I want. I just want to be able to trust you." Jaejoong took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I'll show you."

"Show me what?" asked Jason, seeming to be pulled away from deep in thought.

"I'll show you that you can trust me", said Jaejoong.

Jason looked confused until Jaejoong began taking his shirt off.

"Jae, we don't have to do this", Jason clarified, shaking his head. "That is not what I meant."

They had yet to reach that point in their relationship. Jaejoong had always been shy when he was with Yunho and was now scarred from his time with Youngmin. They'd had sleepovers, cuddled, and kissed. But, they'd never gone to this extent.

"But, I want to", Jaejoong whispered.

His body collided with Jason's, sending them both back into the cushions of the couch. He wrapped his arms around Jason's neck and pulled him close.

----------------OKAY, NOW THAT'S OVER. WE ARE OFFICIALLY BACK TO THE PART OF THE STORY WHERE THEY ARE WATCHING THE WGM EPISODE-----

"That was a good episode. It was really cute", said Jason.

He had been watching the episode with them, silently. Ever since he and Jaejoong had mended their relationship, there was rarely a moment that he didn't spend with the rest of the band members. Yunho and Jason had become silent enemies, avoiding each other as much as possible but were kind in front of the others.

This is how things should be, thought Jaejoong. He had everyone he loved and cared for with him. This was nice.

AUTHORS NOTE: LOL, Jae. No. You can't have it both ways. Selfish. Wow, how many authors notes will this chapter have...