Chapter 49

When It's Time to Let Go

Not edited. I don't feel like it. If you want to edit it, go ahead and then inbox me and I'll give you my email and then I'll upload the edited version. Or not, I don't really care. One more chapter.

 

 

“Welcome back to Korea. Your schedule is jam packed. Yoochun, you’ve got a couple new drama offer. We want you to look over them and decide which ones to take on. Junsu, we have a couple of dramas asking that you record an OST for them. Changmin, you’ve got a new sponsor from KFC, along with SHINee. You’ve got promotions and photo shoots with them all month. Jaejoong and Yunho, you two need to get back to filming We Got Married. Your season is not going to continue much longer because it has been so controversial.  We'll talk more about that after filming is finished tonight. That’s it for solo schedules. For group schedules, we're going to start working on the next album. We have three photo shoots and each one will take a couple of days. And then of course, Seoul Encore and after that Jaejoong, you---”

 

“Yeah, I know”, interrupted Jaejoong, giving the manager a look.

 

“Oh, are we keeping secrets, eh? I wanna know”, complained Changmin, screwing his face up.

 

Yoochun shot him a look that said, “Mind your business.”

 

“It isn’t anything for anyone to worry about other than Jaejoong. Nothing is truly concrete”, answered the manager.

 

Jaejoong nodded, not adding anything else to the conversation.

 

“Okay then. Well, do we have any schedule for today?” asked Yunho.

 

The car was stopped at a red light and if you looked out the window, you could see fans waving and smiling from their cars and on the streets. The boys smiled and waved back as the manager spoke,

 

“Yes. As soon as you get home, the WGM crew will be there. They’ll follow us to the studio for recording and afterwards, the two of you will go on some faux-date that the PD has planned. And then, that’s it for the day. The rest of your schedule can be found in your emails.”

 

"Can't you just tell us about the rest of the WGM filming right now?" asked Changmin.

 

"No, the PD will tell the boys. I don't really know everything. And if you're there for the meeting, that's cool too", answered the manager.

 

------------------WGM FILMING------------------------

"It's a bit exciting, I think. Even though we've already finished our American and Asian tour, we're still working on music and other things for our fans. We want to keep busy and continue to work. Working together and touring together is something we haven't done together as five in a long while. It's so exciting."

 

As Yunho talked, Jaejoong was inside the recording booth, describing to the other cameras what he would be doing.

 

"So, basically, DBSK has gotten a request for an OST that is still in the middle of casting. Because we have so much time to work on getting the song together, we're going to be playing around in the studio: doling out parts, trying out melodies, and things like that. It will be really casual because there is no deadline. We will have fun with it."

 

"Is everyone ready? This song was translated from Mandarin to Korean and will be used in..."

 

The producer began to explain about the song but the boys were too fidgety to really pay attention. The song sheets were dispersed among the room and Junsu wandered over to the piano to begin trying out the melody.

 

"Alright. So, this part about a hopeless melody, Jaejoong. See here.... And then Yunho is going to sing the part that blends into it that says, 'Finally know what you mean to me...' and then I want Junsu to sing the "Ohhhh~" part and then, the chorus you'll all be singing so we should probably start on the part first."

 

The five boys averted their eyes to the chorus of the song and began reading over it. Yunho could be caught watching as Jaejoong mouthed the words as he read.

========

"So today, we're going on a scavenger hunt. I'm a bit excited, I did these when I was a kid with my older sisters all the times", explained Jaejoong to the camera.

 

"It's still the summer time so it was a bit difficult to disguise ourselves with scarves and hats. We're just not going to disguise ourselves", said Yunho, explaining why the two boys were shorts, polos, and boat shoes.

 

"Yup. Okay, so each of the clues has something easy and fun to do. I don't think it will be something that we absolutely cannot guess", said Jaejoong, pulling the envelope out of his backpack. He unsealed it and then handed it to Yunho.

 

"It's your sisters", said Yunho, scanning over it.

 

"How do you know?" laughed Jaejoong, trying to peek at the card.

 

"Pretty clothes and pretty faces. Pretty things in lots of places. Count to eight, you'll be late. Count to nine, you'll be just fine", read Yunho. "It's your sister's hanbok boutique. And you have 9 sisters."

 

"You're right. I guess we should head to the botique then", said Jaejoong.

 

The car was waiting out front and Jaejoong was appointed as the driver. In the car, Yunho fiddled with the radio while the cameramen positioned the camera in the windshield. Jaejoong tapped his long fingers on the wheel, humming the new melody they were learning underneath his breath.

 

"Alright. Are we ready to go?" said Jaejoong, turning his face out to speak with the PD.

 

The PD nodded and instructed Jaejoong on how fast to drive and how to keep the camera from being upset and other things. Finally, they were ready to leave.

 

"Alright, let's go!" exclaimed Jaejoong, winking at the camera.

 

'Bulletproof' by David Guetta began blasting through the speakers as Jaejoong pulled out of the parking lot. It shocked him and he braked suddenly, jumping.

 

"What the heck, Jae? Are you trying to kill us?" exclaimed Yunho who was trying not to double over in laughter.

 

"That just scared the bejeezus out of me. Let's keep going."

--------------------------

"Yunho-ah, how are you doing?" exclaimed the eldest sister.

 

Yunho bowed deeply and answered, "I'm great. How are you?"

 

She answered, "I'm good. Are you here for your envelope?"

 

Jaejoong butted in, "Yes, we are noona. We gotta know what our next step is."

 

"Ah-ah-ah, Joongie. You need to take some pictures first", giggled the boutique noona.

 

"Alrighty, let's do it", said Yunho, clapping his hands together.

-------------------------------------

"Link your arms together and give really cheesy smiles or mehrong, please."

 

The two men did as they were instructed; linking arms and sticking their tongues out cutely.

 

The noona instructed different poses and Jaejoong and Yunho were happy to oblige. The filming crew was also getting great promotional clips and photos. Jaejoong's sisters were also filming with their cameras for their "collections".

 

"Now, how about a loving pose since you're 'married'?" teased the photographer.

 

The nine sisters all cheered [well aware of their brother and Yunho's previous relationship] and so did the camera crew. Jaejoong and Yunho exchanged glances before obliging. Yunho leaned his head on Yunho's shoulder.

 

The other man jumped with surprise, giving him a surprised look before shrugging and wrapping his arm around Yunho's waist. The two exchanged loving glances and cheesy smiles, neither of which were forced.

 

[ON SCREEN CAPTIONS: It's JaeHo couple, not YunJae couple.]

--------------------------------

"Where's the next place?" asked Jaejoong, peeking over Yunho's shoulder at the clue that had been given to them by the boutique noona.

 

"It says, 'Tweedle-dee, tweedle-dum, don't be bored and twiddle your thumbs...' Wow this is kind of stupid."

 

"Just read it", snapped Jaejoong, playfully.

 

"Okay, uhm, 'There's lots to do in this world. So quickly go to have some fun.’ Hmm, what could it be?"

 

Yunho couldn't help but notice the way Jaejoong tilted his head to the side and chewed his lip while he mulled over the clues. He didn't even bother to think over what it could be, so enwrapped in viewing Jaejoong's cute habits.

 

Finally, Jaejoong's whole body shot up and his eyes shone as he excitedly exclaimed, "Lotte World. The amusement park, its Lotte World!"

 

Yunho looked at the clue again and nodded his head in agreement. "Seems so. Want me to drive there?"

 

Jaejoong agreed and bounded out of the boutique, his cameramen following him. Yunho made to go as well but the sisters grabbed his arms and pulled him back. "Don't follow please", said the eldest to the cameramen. With the serious faces of the protective older sisters, there was nothing they could do but oblige.

-----------------------------

"What did my sisters say to you?" asked Jaejoong, once Yunho got into the car.

 

"They just told me how happy they were that our band is back together and to be sure not to ruin it", said Yunho calmly.

 

Jaejoong nodded and sat back in his seat, taking the answer at face value. He was also well aware of the still recording camera in the front of the car and didn’t want to push it.

 

"What should we listen to?" asked Jaejoong, reaching his fingers out to play with the knobs.

 

"You're going to break something", admonished Yunho, looking over at the other.

 

"It's okay. This is the manager's car."

 

Laughter exploded from the depths of Yunho's body. Jaejoong's eyes widened in shock from the sudden outburst.

 

"Seriously, this guy. Are you even watching the road?" teased Jaejoong, shaking his head.

 

"I am, I am", laughed Yunho, taking one hand off of the wheel to wipe tears from his eyes. "That was really funny, not sure why."

 

"I have those moments too", answered Jaejoong, nodding his head knowingly.

 

This caused a fresh wave of laughter to overcome Yunho.

 

"I'm going to pull over", he choked out through the laughter.

 

"What is so funny?" exclaimed Jaejoong as the car glided over to the curb and stopped.

 

Yunho doubled over and laughed, shaking his head and waving his hands.

 

"He's crazy", said Jaejoong, solemnly to the camera.

 

"I don't know. You're just making me laugh", said Yunho, finally. He was still giggling every once in a while when he pulled back onto the road and resumed the drive.

 

"I just won't talk", said Jaejoong, crossing his arms.

 

Yunho shrugged, "Fine with me. I'd rather not die of laughter today anyway."

 

Jaejoong pulled a face which caused Yunho to laugh...again.

------------------------

"Welcome to Lotte World, home to totally fun rides such as...."

 

The announcer continued to talk but Jaejoong and Yunho had linked hands and walked off towards the foods stand.

 

"What should we eat?" asked Yunho, staring at the menu.

 

"What if our next clue is a food place? We will be full."

 

"Doubtful."

 

"We haven't even gotten this clue. Maybe we are at the wrong place."

 

"Jaejoong-ssi! Yunho-ssi!"

 

The two boys turned around and saw a mouse costume running towards them, waving a large white envelope.

 

"Sorry, I got attacked by some kids and had to go clean up. I didn't know that you would be here this soon. Here's your envelope", said the mouse costume.

 

Yunho took the envelope and the mouse scurried off back to its job. Once the envelope was opened, Yunho’s face contorted in a confused scowl.

 

“I don’t get it...” he muttered.

 

“Here, let me see”, said Jaejoong, taking the envelope. “’Bump and thump goes the car. Crazy lazy is the car...’ Wait, this makes no sense.”

 

“Really, let me see?” said the PD, walking into filming shot to grab the envelope.

 

“You’re right... Who wrote this? What an idiot. It’s the Bumper Cars. Just go to the Bumper Cars.”

-------------------------

“Dude, you bumped into me on purpose”, shouted Yunho across the track.

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “That’s the point, smarty pants.”

 

Yunho zoomed for the other, bumping other cars out of his way, attempting to knock Jaejoong’s car hard. Jaejoong giggled and swerved out of the way, leaving Yunho to slam into the wall.

 

“A!” he shouted, cackling.

 

Yunho took the opportunity to turn around his car and send it slamming into the side of Jaejoong’s car.

 

“Yah~ You are a meanie, Yunnie!”

                                                            

“Yunnie... Oh my gosh, that’s gross. Stop!” laughed Yunho. The nickname was awful.

 

“Yun, Yun, Yunnie. Yunnie-poo. Yunnie-kins.”

 

“LALALALALA, I CAN’T HEAR YOU. LALALALA.”

[end of WGM filming]

“Okay, uh... Come on in, Yoochun-ssi. This is a private meeting but why don’t you all come in?” said the PD in an annoyed tone.

 

“Oh we will”, snarked Changmin, plopping down in the couch beside Junsu.

 

“Okay, the We Got Married filming for Yunjae couple is pretty much over. We were going to film your photo shoots but we decided we were only going to do one. In two weeks, we’ll be back to film your photoshoot for your Seoul Encore show. Everything that we have filmed yesterday and today will be used for the episode that is coming up next week. Your last episode will premiere the day before your Seoul Encore concert. That is pretty much all the information we have for you.”

 

“Sounds good”, said Yoochun nodding his head in agreement.

 

“It has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU”, exclaimed the PD.

 

Yoochun just shrugged and the PD, who was exasperated beyond belief, just stormed out of the room.

 

“Finally, we can all be ourselves. Woohoo!” shouted Changmin, ripping off his shirt.

 

“No. Stop. Put your clothes back on now.”

 

Changmin made a face at Junsu and stormed off to his bedroom. When he appeared back in the sitting room, he had on a fresh shirt and was also holding a bag of chips.

 

“Hungry, Changmin-ah?” teased Yunho.

 

“Yeah. I haven’t eaten in forever. Let’s go get some dinner.”

 

“I don’t feel like going out”, complained Junsu.

 

“Let’s make ramyeon”, suggested Changmin, giving a look to Jaejoong.

 

“Ooh, I want eggs”, said Jaejoong, getting up to go to the kitchen.

 

“Make sure you put in onions”, called Junsu.

 

“No, I don’t like them”, Jaejoong called back.

 

“I’ll go after him and make sure they go in”, said Yunho.

 

In the kitchen, Jaejoong began to prepare the huge pot of water. He added a dash of chili pepper for flavor.

 

“Where’s the ramen at?” asked Yunho, rifling through the cabinets.

 

“Get the Samyang or Nong Shim. That’s the best for Korean style ramyeon”, ordered Jaejoong, his head in the fridge as he searched for the eggs.

 

Yunho brought out seven packets of ramen and set them on the counter.

 

“Where are the green onions?” asked Yunho.

 

“Do you not ever go into the kitchen, Yunho?” asked Jaejoong, incredulously.

 

“Well...” said Yunho, ducking his head.

 

“They’re underneath the counter. Right there.”

 

Once the green onions were chopped, Yunho watched as Jaejoong added the ramen packets to the water, snapping them in half first.

 

“I’ll do the flavor packets”, said Yunho, walking over to the pot.

 

Jaejoong stepped back and watched him for a second before preparing the egg, lime juice, and salted seaweed to add to the meal.

 

“Alright. Continue to stir it while I add this stuff in.”

 

“Come and get it”, screamed Jaejoong into the inner-courtyard. From all different directions, three childish men came tumbling into the kitchen to get their servings of ramyeon.

-----------------------------

“Jaejoong, can we talk?”

 

“About what, Yunho?”

 

“About us...”

 

“I’m getting my hair done right now. Let’s talk after the concert tonight.”

 

“Oh...okay.”

------------------------

“Thanks so much to all our fans who have shown up today.”

 

Junsu was the one who said that. They were on a live cam with their fans now, chatting and talking. His words had come out of the blue it seemed.

 

“Yeah, I think Cassiopeia have to be the best fans in the world”, agreed Changmin, a smile spreading over his face.

 

“I don’t think there’s any fandom that is more supportive than ours”, added Yoochun, glancing at Junsu with a smile.

 

“You openly supported us in all of our scandals and took care of us when we were in pain. There’s nothing greater than Cassiopeia.”

 

That was Yunho.

 

The fan comment box lit up with praise and thanks. Many girls all around the world were crying at the words of praise from their precious oppas.

 

“Because we have such loyal fans, it pains us when we have to break sad news”, said Jaejoong, in a hushed tone.

 

“What?” said Junsu, whipping his head to stare at the older member.

 

“I have decided to enlist in the military tomorrow morning.”