Chapter 38

When It's Time to Let Go

A/N: I am actually done with life. Has anyone seen Kris doing aegyo from KCon? Oh dear gosh... He walked over to Tao to ask him how to do it. LOL. He didn't even try... but I am inexplicably by his English accent and his bit(h face aegyo. He has replaced Tao as my EXO bias... what is this? I want someone to write a fic about us in which we live happily ever after, with him doing that aegyo in my bed all day along... Someone get me a gif of that, please. I'm overwhelmed tbh. I need a 'you' and Kris fic, asap. If there is a well written one, please direct it my way cause I am pretty much dead.

--------------------------------------------------

"It's our last night in Taipei. Let's make it count!" shouted the stage director as they got into place for soundcheck.

The boys ran through the concert easily. They'd already done the similar 'Last Night' set in two other countries, Korea and Japan. Max and Yunho would rise from the stage, singing the beginning of 'Together Again'. They would be joined by the other three members from various offstage locations. After that, they'd roll right into Mirotic. Next, would be introductions. Then, the concert would be underway.

As the boys talked through the stage, the manager brought in a group of older gentleman to observe.

"Who are they?" asked Yunho to Jaejoong.

"If you had been at the meeting last night instead of getting rained on, you'd know that we're entertainining a couple investors tonight. The main one is Mr. Wu from WuFan Enterprises."

Yunho 'ahhed' in realization and quickly tried to straighten himself up best he could, seeing that he was soaked in sweat and wearing sweatpants and a wife beater tee.

"Alright, boys! Take it from the top!" screamed the stage director. The boys quickly ran off to their spots, Yunho joining Changmin underneath the stage to be lifted up in a cloud of smoke. The upbeat melody started and they began the first note.

"Wait! I am so sorry! I am so so so sorry. Ehh, mianhamnida?" said a female voice that struck familiar.

The stage director groaned, signaled for the music, smoke, and headlights to be turned off. The main lights and Yunho and Changmin were stuck beneath the stage, waiting for their new cue.

"I apologize. Cheoulsuhamnida", said the girl in fragmented Korean. "I was sick this morning because I got caught in the rain. I'm Mr. Wu's daughter. I'll just sit here next to my Baba and watch quietly."

The sound of her shoes slapping on the floor and her plopping onto a chair echoed and then the stage director, a feisty Korean man, huffed out a huge sigh and called, "If we're done with interruptions, FROM THE TOP PLEASE!"

The music started back up and they rose from the stage. As they went through the song, Yunho sang to Chagmin or to Junsu as they joined each other on the stage. Once the song was finished, the director had complaints. "Yunho, try to focus to the crowd a bit. All the other members are making good interactions with the crowd but you are only interacting with the other members."

Yunho nodded, looking out to the crowd (aka the crowd of investing executives) and was surprised to find the girl from last night. She hadn't looked up from her phone the whole performance but as he was being scolded, she did. Their eyes met and they both froze. The movement was briefly caught by the stage director, one of the executives, and especially Jaejoong. Finally, she broke the silence.

"You are famous?" she asked, her eyes widening in surprise.

Yunho shrugged, "Am I too ugly to be famous?" He winked.

She simply shook her head and laughed, "No. No. You're attractive. You just seemed so nice!"

"What? And now I'm not nice because I'm famous?" said Yunho, faking hurt.

"No, no. I'm sure you're talented AND nice. Now, I have a reason to actually watch this performance."

Yunho couldn't help but lean his head back and laugh. It was that amusing to him. Everyone else stared.

"Yunho, would you like to get back to work or continue flirting with your little girlfriend?" called Jaejoong, in what he hoped was a joking tone.

"Ahh right. Yeah, let's run through Together Again once more", Yunho said, sending one last smile to the girl in the audience before returning back to the underground stage.

----------------------------------------

"I never knew I'd see you again!" Yunho exclaimed.

They were taking a break and Yunho had immediately hopped off stage to go over and talk with the girl.

"Neither did I! Did I ever even learn your name?" she asked, a bright smile gracing her beautiful face.

"I don't remember. It's Jung Yunho by the way!"

"I'm Delaney Wu. It's nice to meet you", said the girl, shyly.

"Duh-lazy?" Yunho repeated, trying to roll the foreign name of his tongue.

Delaney laughed. "You can just cal me Del or Laney!"

Yunho nodded, taking to 'Del' immediately.

He sat down beside her, unaware of the glares being shot to him by the girl's companions or by his fellow members.

"So, this is your dad? Do you work with him?"

The girl shrugged. "I just met him two summers ago, actually. And now I'm touring around the world with him, finding bands and artists for him to invest in. It's actually been really fun. I've met a lot of cool and different people."

Her smile was almost sad for a second but she quickly grinned. Yunho thought he had imagined it.

"So, what countries have you been to? I've been to a bunch myself", said Yunho, changing the subject.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Yunho's new girlfriend is hot", whistled Junsu.

"She looks like one of our hoobaes", said Yoochun, his brows screwing together.

"Our hoobaes are HOT", repeated Junsu, eying the girl with lustful eyes.

"And you're a pig", snorted Yoochun, shaking his head.

Junsu ignored him and continued peeking his head out to stare at the couple sitting in the crowd.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, not even attempting to listen to his bandmates.

"How goes it?" called Jason as he walked out onto the stage where the four members were sitting.

"Jason!" screeched Jaejoong, causing everyone to wince. He jumped onto him and hugged tightly.

"A little over the top, much?" muttered Changmin.

A quick look over to Yunho verified that he hadn't even looked up at his sworn enemies name, too entranced was he in this newcomer.

"That's Yunho's girlfriend!" announced Jaejoong to Jason.

Their manager looked up from his tablet and loudly clarified, "No, it is not. None of the five members of Dong Bang Shin Ki have girlfriends or are in relationships. Jaejoong, remove your hands from the doctor's neck. Yunho, scoot over a seat from the investor's daughter."

Both boys complied with sheepish grins on their face. But, Delaney and Jason were frozen, their eyes locked.

"Delly..."

"Jay?"

"Do the two of you know each other?" asked Changmin, asking the obvious a smirk on his face.

"We were friends back in college", said Delaney, worrying her lip.

"Yeah. We even got engaged", bit back Jason, bitterly.

"Is she the person who you were running from when you moved to Korea?" asked Yoochun, helpfully.

He was silenced by a glare from both Jason and Jaejoong.

"Well, this is quite the fun drama. But, we have a concert to put on. PLACES, BOYS, PLACES!" yelled the stage manager.

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Is anyone here creative and good with Photoshop or MoviesMaker or anything like that? I'd really like a trailer or a couple banners for this story. And wooh, we're coming to an end guys. And no one really guessed EXACTLY what I'm planning for Delaney but I did get some great ideas. I had no thought to make Delaney and Jason related in any way but that's a great idea so I'm stealing it. 

The people who came closest to guessing who Delaney is and what her purpose in the story was (and gave a great idea!!!): BirdSuit and lhotshot83

 

ALSO, IF YOU PLACE A COMMENT.... PLEASE VOTEEE!!!!

Delaney is portrayed by underground ulzzang, Vy. Vy's blog: http://vylanho.tumblr.com/