Chapter 15

When It's Time to Let Go

 

There were arms wrapped around him. They were warm arms and he was cold. He pried his eyes open, sleep was trying to keep them closed. He blinked a couple times to focus his image.
 
Yoochun’s sleeping face greeted him. Junsu began to pry himself out of his friend’s grasp. But, he stopped and snuggled in deeper, watching him.
 
He didn’t know what it was but he often found himself staring at Yoochun without truly realizing it. He pulled a hand out and began tracing the lines of his face. His lips were pink and soft. His face was cutely chubby. This was odd since their days were filled with practicing for their comeback.
 
Yoochun stirred and immediately Junsu closed his eyes and evened his breathing. Yoochun pouted as he stared at the sleeping Junsu. He was hungry and wanted Junsu to go get him some food.
 
He looked down at their intertwined bodies and sighed. They seemed to always end up like this when they slept over together. He untangled himself and sat onto the couch, staring out the window. The sun was rising and he could see fans gathering outside the building.
 
He walked over to the window and snapped a photo with his phone. He uploaded it to Twitter with a tweet: Saesang fans outside the window, annyeonghaseyo~!
 
As it uploaded, he looked down on the fans. They began to scream and pointed up at the window. Yoochun waved and laughed. They were crazy, it was so early in the morning and it was cold. Many replies came back to his tweet but he didn’t read them.
 
He turned away from the window and saw Jaejoong looking at him, from the door of his bedroom.
 
“Should we all move in together, again?” asked Jaejoong.
 
Yoochun looked at him, surprised.
 
“What makes you say that?” asked Yoochun, going off to the kitchenette to make coffee.
 
“We‘re all together all the time anyway. Isn‘t it a waste of money to rent three apartments when we‘re all either at Junsu or mine?”
 
Yoochun came back in. The coffee pot was starting to brew and the smell filled the apartment. He saw Junsu sitting up on the couch, blinking sleepily.
 
“Wasn’t that our problem last time, though?” said Junsu, scrubbing at his face with his hands.
 
“What?”
 
“Last time, the problem was that no one was home. We got tired of each other”, explained Yoochun to Jaejoong.
 
“But, weren’t we all living in a small dorm at the time? And it didn’t start until a year before the split. That was the time I was with Youngmin. I think now that I’ve finished that chapter of my life, we can be together. The three of us…” Jaejoong shrugged, his face uncertain. He walked over and sat down.
 
“Are you really over the situation with Youngmin?” asked Yoochun, suddenly. He watched as Jaejoong pulled his legs to him, hugging them with his pale, thin arms. The razor blade marks were fading, but still visible.
 
The doorbell rang and Jaejoong jumped up to answer it. It was Jason.
 
“I brought some breakfast”, he shouted, as he walked in. He waved a plastic bag in the air. The smell of cinnamon emitted from the bag.
 
“Wow… You all stayed the night except for the youngest one”, he commented, setting his bag down on the table.
 
“He stays the night sometimes, too. We’re always over each other’s houses. That’s why I say there’s no use in having three different apartments”, said Jaejoong, pointedly.
 
“I think that if you all generally get along and want to be together, it’s a good idea. But, maybe sometimes, you’ll want to get away from each other and then where will you go?” mused Jason, pulling cinnamon buns out of the bag.
 
Yoochun went into the kitchen to pour coffee for everyone.
 
“That’s what I said”, laughed Yoochun.
 
“Yah, aren’t you supposed to support my idea?” pouted Jaejoong, pushing Jason, playfully. Jason made a face and rolled his eyes. Jaejoong laughed.
 
Yoochun and Junsu exchanged looks as they watched the interaction between the two. There was definitely something going on there.