Chapter 26

When It's Time to Let Go

 

Yunho sat in the SM office building staring at the interim-CEO Shim Jae-min. Jaemin was barking orders into the phone in perfect English. When he was finished, he turned to Yunho and smiled.
 
"Now, Yunho, I’ve called you here today for a very odd reason.”
 
The door opened up and Jaejoong walked in. He stopped, surprised to see Yunho sitting there.
 
“Oh, good, you’re here”, said Jaemin, smiling even brighter.
 
Jaejoong bowed and took a tentative seat next to Yunho. Since Yunho’s return, the relationship between the two had been cold and dorm life had been downright icy. Yunho and Jaejoong barely said a word to each other when Jaejoong was even at the dorm since he spent much of his time practicing or at Jason’s. Yoochun and Junsu’s relationship was awkwardly going back to normal although Junsu never mentioned where he was off to anymore which caused Yoochun to pace frantically until the other was home. Changmin, on the other hand, was just grateful for the craziness of his family being together.
 
“So, netizens have been showing an interest in using band members on certain shows. We really had to think this idea through because, well, it could make or break a band’s image. We thought of using Super Junior first as a trying method but we figured, DBSK’s image is already so not idealistic and so we figured we’d just try it out on you two since it was the two of you that were being demanded.”
 
“What are you talking about?” asked Yunho, finally. He looked from Jaejoong, who shrugged, back to Jaemin.
 
“We’re talking about putting the two of you, Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong, as a couple…”
 
“A couple? Isn’t Yunjae already a couple?” asked Jaejoong, confusion showing on his beautiful face.
 
“…on We get Married”, finished Jaemin.
 
Yunho and Jaejoong exchanged shocked looks before looking back to Jaemin.
 
“Isn’t that a little risky?” said Yunho, ever the level-minded leader. “I mean, did you see what happened to that Life Is Beautiful show? That gay couple weren’t even main characters but the show received much bashing. I don’t think our image can afford that.”
 
“Everyone knows WGM isn’t real. But, nevertheless, it will definitely build up sales. Cassies have been asking for Yunjae WGM since your debut.”
 
“I don’t know. Yunho and I aren’t as close as we used to be. Besides, we’re in relationships now and…”
 
“WGM isn’t real. It’s television drama. You’re both actors, aren’t you?” said Jaemin, his voice growing steely.
 
“Well, we are. But, don’t we usually have to enjoy a role to take it?” asked Yunho, his voice just as cool.
 
 
“The five of you have just re-debuted out of the goodness of our hearts. Yet, you defy what has been asked of you? How foolish of you… Do you know what could happen to you?” snarled Jaemin.
 
“Are you threatening us?” scoffed Yunho. “You seemed to have missed the memo. I ruled SM when Youngmin was in “control” and I’ll continue as I have been.”
 
“No, look, Yunho. There’s no need for threats or promises or anything of that nature. Let’s just do the show. We’ll do a season and then leave it to the other couples. It’ll boost ratings for the show and boost sales for us”, interrupted Jaejoong, fear in his eyes.
 
Yunho looked over at Jaejoong, his eyes becoming soft.
 
“Hey, you don’t have to be scared anymore. I’ll protect you. He’s not going to make you do anything you don’t want to do”, said Yunho, moving to hold the one he loved.
 
“No, its okay. It’ll be like an apology to the fans you know. So, they won’t be as upset with us, you know?”
 
Yunho finally sighed and turned to Jaemin.
 
“Alright, I guess we’ll do it.”
 
Jaemin smiled and shoved the contracts towards them.
 
“You can read it all and turn it in to me in two days. Read it thoroughly. We wouldn’t want Jaejoong suddenly changing his mind and suing us”, said Jaemin, disdainfully.
 
Yunho rolled his eyes and shook his head. He scooped up the contracts and grabbed Jaejoong’s arm and pulled him out of the office.
 
When they were standing near the elevators, Yunho handed a copy of the contract to Jaejoong and pressed the down button.
They stood together in silence until the elevator dinged and the doors slid open. In silence, they rode down, passing through each floor without stopping which was actually quite a surprise.
 
“We need to talk”, said Yunho, finally.
 
“I agree”, murmured Jaejoong.
 
“Not here, let’s meet somewhere private tonight”, suggested Yunho.
 
“I have plans tonight. I’m not even sure if I’ll be coming home. How about tomorrow afternoon for lunch?”
 
“Are you going out with Jason?” asked Yunho, abruptly.
 
Anger flashed in Jaejoong’s eyes and he turned to snap at the other man but the elevator dinged and opened up on the lobby. Jaejoong stepped out and began walking briskly, avoiding Yunho.
 
A/N: Yeah, so, its not edited. AT ALL. Busy, busy, busy! Look up The Wanted and One Direction. The West is embracing the boy band whole-heartedly. But, I'll take Super Junior over those others...
 
Comment Replies
 
@lisepooh- Thanks! Compromising situations? Well, I've got this one idea... But, any suggestions will help! :)
@BananasForJae- Haha, YooSu ? And LOL, I wouldn't mind being that somebody... ;)
@proudtobe-ELFandCass- I'm praying for a SuJu 15 member comeback. :)
@crazygurll77- I wrote the lyrics. Thanks. Oh my goodness, I love your review. I hope you continue to enjoy the fic. :D
@hjonghyun- Thanks! YooSu's really too cute.
@Sarah_OT5- If this was real, I'd die of happiness.
@hanaseka47- Haha, I wasn't sure about whether to put that part in. Glad you liked it! :)