Chapter 5

When It's Time to Let Go

 

A/N: I toyed with letting out the reason for JYJ's departure this chapter and then letting everything come around to the boiling point. But, I decided, let's have some more drama go down before that happens. But, I've given a lot of hints for you all to be able to guess.  I'm not sure how many more chapters. I'm going for a total of ten, but y'know stuff happens. Also, if this chappie , its cause I'm in pain. STEAK 'N' SHAKE GAVE ME FOOD POISONING! >< Grr....

 

JYJ
 
"What are you doing?" asked Yoochun to Junsu. Junsu was peeking around a pillar. They were back at the KBS building to discuss different shows to appear on. Their manager was waiting for them upstairs in the office.
 
"Shh..." he whispered. Yoochun rolled his eyes and peered around the pillar, too.
 
Jaejoong was standing in front of Kim Young-min, the president of SM. They were talking, quietly.
 
"Why is he talking to him even though we aren't in SM anymore?" asked Yoochun, trying to read their lips.
 
"Probably to complain about us all being on the same show yesterday", Junsu muttered.
 
Yoochun shook his head. He was sure there was another reason.
 
They watched as Young-min placed his hand on Jaejoong's arm. Jaejoong stiffened and shook his head. They couldn't hear what he was saying but he looked angry while Youngmin smirked. Yoochun and Junsu exchanged a glance.
 
"I don't think that is what its about", retorted Yoochun. Junsu frowned and came from behind the pillar to approach them. They heard him coming and Youngmin removed his hand and bowed. Yoochun came up behind Junsu and the two stared down their former president.
 
"Jaejoong, we have a schedule today, remember", said Yoochun. Jaejoong nodded and followed the two back upstairs. They both noticed when Jaejoong turned to look back at Youngmin.
 
Upstairs, their manager was sitting with the producer.
 
"We were thinking of giving JYJ a comeback show. Sort of like those debut shows when we show how they've done during their debuts. Well, you're basically having a re-debut here in Korea so we thought it'd be good to give you a show like that."
 
=============
 
TVXQ
 
Changmin watched as Yunho wrapped his arm around Ji Hyuk. He sighed. Yunho's problem was getting worse. They were sitting in one of those fancy restaurants that had the private rooms, but even still, if a waiter walked in and saw the two men embracing, things could get bad for their group.
 
He stretched and stood up. He couldn't watch this anymore knowing that Ji Hyuk would be highly upset in the morning when told, "Thanks. Bye."
 
He opened the door and Yunho barely noticed him leaving.
 
Changmin shut the door behind him and hung the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. He began wandering through the restaurant. Absent-mindedly, he wondered how long it would take. He barely noticed the person on the phone that walked hurriedly pass him. They were talking loudly but Changmin barely caught a snippet of the conversation.
 
“Lay a hand on either of them and I swear, I’ll kill…”
 
Changmin shuddered and left the person behind with their angry conversation.
 
A door that he was passing opened and he was yanked inside. He fell onto a hard body and moaned in pain.
 
"If I'd known I could get that reaction out of you, I'd have kidnapped you sooner", teased a familiar voice.
 
Changmin wiggled away from his captor and stood. He blinked to re-adjust himself to the light and was surprised to see Junsu sitting and Yoochun on the ground. Changmin smiled at the silliness of his hyungs. 
 
"No, sunbaes", he corrected himself, quietly. The smile disappeared from his face.
 
"Changmin-ah. Do you know what Young-min is doing with Jaejoong?" asked Yoochun, anxiously.
 
Changmin’s face blanched and he winced. Please don’t say it, please don’t say it…
 
"He was with him this morning. And Jaejoong got a call from him just a couple minutes ago. He's walking the restaurant, answering the call." offered Junsu.
 
"Aish!" shouted Changmin. His emotions were mixed with anger, regret, and fright. He wanted everything to be over with. He wanted them to be one big happy family and for Jaejoong not to have to worry about Youngmin. But, what if that ruined all their careers? What if everyone got upset with him, for knowing about it and keeping it a secret? For letting Jaejoong leave with Yoochun and Junsu, knowing that he could have stopped it. It was his fault. All he had left was Yunho, he wouldn’t let it be ruined.
 
"I don‘t know." said Changmin, quietly.
 
"You know something.” said Yoochun, his eyes widening.
 
"It's Jaejoong's choice. He doesn't have to let it happen. He chose it", he said, trying more to convince himself than his hyungs.
 
"What are you talking about?" shouted Junsu.
 
Changmin shook his head, holding back the tears. He turned around and left the room, quickly. Without stopping to tell Yunho he was leaving, he passed their room and left the restaurant.
 
Jaejoong turned his head to see a crying person pass him and go out of the restaurant. It didn’t hold his attention for long as he turned back to the room in front of him. Yunho was passionately kissing some guy with long black hair and kohl-covered eyes.
 
Jaejoong gagged. Gross… The guy wasn’t even cute, He laughed at himself, suddenly. How funny was it that he was judging the guy that Yunho was kissing? Was he jealous?
 
He shook his head and continued chuckling. As he walked, the chuckles turned to full-out laughter. Once he entered the room with Yoochun and Junsu, the laughs had turned to racking sobs. He sank to the floor and just cried. His head rested on his knees as he cried.
 
He was judging some restaurant hooker guy but wasn’t he on the same level as him? He almost regretted ever signing up with SM. But, he couldn’t bring himself to that point. Because, without SM, there would be no Yunho. And even with all the bad things that were currently plaguing him, Yunho was worth it all.
 
Yoochun and Junsu exchanged looks.
 
“He doesn’t need our comfort”, said Yoochun, quietly.
 
“I know. He needs Yunho.”
 
And this is the part when we say we're in love
And the part where we say it's forever
But this ain't a fantasy, I know you can't come with me
You got your life, he better be treatin' you right
---- AJ Rafael- When We Say (Juicebox)