Chapter 12

When It's Time to Let Go

 

“Are you Jaejoong?”
 
The voice came from a mixed Korean man. He was tall with long black hair pulled into a ponytail. He wore skinny jeans and a black shirt paired with white sneakers. His stance was casual but his gaze was calculating. Even in his condition, Jaejoong had to admit that this was a fine specimen.
 
“Who wants to know?” retorted Jaejoong.
 
In his current state, he had been pissy and rude with every doctor and nurse that had come into his apartment to help him. He had refused to see his band mates and Changmin and pretended to sleep anytime the manager came in.
 
“Apparently, you’re psycho and suicidal and need someone to watch you. I’m homeless, jobless, and I happen to be a doctor in psychiatry. I’m Jason Jang and I am now at your service.”
 
Jaejoong watched as he pushed off the doorjamb and walked over to the bed. He plopped down next to him and made himself comfortable.
 
“Do you mind if I call you Jae? Jaejoong is so difficult. Let’s use informal language, its easier that way, don’t you think?”
 
“Are you really a psychiatrist? You seem a little young.” More like immature, he thought.
 
“Yeah. Child prodigy and all that... Americans find being smart something special or new. So being Asian worked out well”, explained Jason. Jason stretched and grabbed the remote.
 
Jaejoong watched as he flipped through the channels before settling on a re-run of Poseidon.
 
“I actually don’t want to watch this”, muttered Jaejoong. Yunho was in this show.
 
“I love Choi Siwon. He is so y. Oh my god”, exclaimed Jason.
 
Jaejoong choked.
 
“Are you okay? Do you need some water?” asked Jason, looking over at him.
 
“No, I’m fine. What are you doing on my bed? Shouldn’t we be like in chairs while I tell you about my problems?”
 
“Do you have problems?” asked Jason, turning to Jaejoong. He looked at him, muting the television.
 
“Well, I tried to commit suicide but my idiot dongsaeng found me before I lost enough blood and I got a transfusion and I’m still alive. So, yeah, I’ve got a problem.” Jaejoong’s voice rose with every phrase and by the time he was finished, he was screaming.
 
“Hmm… and how does that make you feel?”
 
Jaejoong stared at him.
 
Jason burst into laughter. He laughed so hard that tears began to fall. When he could calm down, he spoke.
 
“I’m sorry. I’m totally kidding. I’m sorry. That was so completely unprofessional. You were trying to tell me your problems and I poked fun. I’m sorry.”
 
Jaejoong chuckled. Before long, he was laughing as hard as Jason had been early. His stomach felt like it was going to burst and he could feel moisture gathering in his eyes. When he had finally calmed down, he still couldn’t stop smiling.
 
“Why did you, y’know, try to off yourself?” asked Jason, settling into the pillows.
 
The smile wiped off Jaejoong’s face. He wasn’t sure how he felt about sharing everything.
 
“I was in a relationship, there was a misunderstanding, the misunderstanding was cleared up without me knowing, and by the time I found out, the other person was already gone.”
 
“Hmm… So, you’re hurt that they didn’t come after you when h--- they knew the truth.”
 
“Basically…” sighed Jaejoong.
 
“Well, I know that I can’t take away your pain and I can’t heal you completely. But, I'm here for you if you ever want to talk. Love is a powerful thing; it can make or break you. Don’t let it break you. You have so many people who care about you. One person is never worth your life unless they’re willing to give their life for you, as well.”
 
Jason turned off the mute button and continued watching the screen. Jaejoong watched Jason, instead. He didn’t even notice the smile that had crept on his face. He didn’t notice that he was staring until Jason turned and asked,
 
“Is there something on my face?”
 
Jaejoong shook his head and turned to the television.
 

A/N: Dr. Jason Jang is played by Lee Hyun Jae. He's Do Il from Shut Up: Flower Boy Band. I wanted someone who was Korean-American and I just got done watching the 10th episode (which was a KILLER) and there he was. So, our y Dr. Jason Jang is played by this beautiful Korean-Cacausian man. Yes, lawd.

Comment Replies

 

@lhotshot83- By avoiding, do you mean Yunho avoiding Jaejoong or something else?
@Sarah_OT5- You'll find out soon. :)
@Caribbeanpop17- Jae's fine-ish. >< The author needs to hurry with bringing Yunho back, huh?
@proudtobe-ELFandCass Okay one, LOVE THE SCREENNAME!!!!  And two, thanks!
@pineapplebuns- Don't encourage angst, fluff is much much better. Only, I'm worse at writing fluff than I am writing angst. :(
@doubleJ_YC- The wait is over! :)
@hjonghyun- Yunho's return will come in a couple chapters. This story is going to be alot longer than I first expected.