nine.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Eun just stared at Jimin feeling annoyed at his presence there. She turned to Mingyu then sighed before ordering some drinks. Mingyu nodded then started making her orders which made her had to deal with Jimin now.

"Are you free this weekend?" Jimin asked suddenly making Jae Eun grimaced. What was that? Was it the first step of asking someone to go out?

"Why?" not even answering, she just asked back.

"You didn't answer me. I don't know, maybe we could go somewhere," Jimin shrugged. Yep, first step.

Jae Eun looked at him judgingly, "why would I want to go somewhere with you?"

She made him speechless. What should be the answer to that? Because he told her so? Because he's handsome? Because he's a mafia and if she refused then he could just shoot her? Those didn't seem like the right answers anyway.

"Please?" was what he could say after.

Again, Jae Eun glared at him. Why would he ask her to go out? 

She did a long sigh before she asked a question again, "where?"

"I'm more of a person who plan things while doing something," Jimin replied.

They both stayed silent for awhile until Jae Eun spoke again, "no then."

"What? Why?"

"What if you suddenly plan to take me to this...I don't know, woods maybe? Then you shoot me and leave me there? Nobody knows, right, Park Jimin?" Jae Eun sent a bitter smile making him scratched his not itchy nape.

"Yah! Why would you think like that?"

"Because it might happen? I'm not risking my life to hang out with people like you, Jimin," Mingyu came with Jae Eun's orders and in a swift motion, she paid for them then left the shop.

"Now, what's getting into her?" Jimin mumbled to himself.

"Hyung, probably she's just playing hard to get. Don't give up," Mingyu encouraged Jimin suddenly and Jimin chuckled at his statement. Yea, maybe she was playing hard to get. But what if she's not? What if she really didn't want to get involved in the hazardous life of Park Jimin? Not that he wanted her too. He just needed distraction from his mafia routines for a night. He's exhausted and needed something to charge his energy for a bit. And he chose her. 

"I'll keep trying. Thanks, Mingyu!" Jimin patted his shoulders then left the shop. Mingyu just looked at him leaving. 

"I thought he will buy something," he complained.

***

Days had passed and Jimin often came to the music store. Not everyday, but often. And Jae Eun always told him to stop showing up.

And today, Jimin was there again talking with Ji Hee, and now he brought Jungkook again.

Jae Eun chose to not care about his presence there at the store. Luckily, she brought a book that could distract her from anything that's going on in the world.

Sometimes she closed the book when a customer asked for her help but then she went back again to her book.

Jimin always stared at her movements and sometimes she caught him staring.

It's not the cute tingling feeling she felt when Jimin was staring at her. It was uncomfortable. Like, how would you feel if a mafia was staring at you?

It's just weird. Like your soul will leave your body in 5...4...3...2...

"You're not gonna say hi?" a voice was heard making Jae Eun looked up to meet the eyes of the boy himself.

"I said hi to every customers that came," she darted her gaze to the words on the book again but somehow she couldn't concentrate and couldn't keep up with the story because Jimin kept on staring at her.

"I think Jimin hyung has a thing for your friend," Jungkook spoke to Ji Hee on the other side of the store.

"You think so? What do you know about things like that? You look too young," Ji Hee joked.

"Pardon me, I'm sure I'm older than you," Jungkook protested.

"When did you born?"

"1997," Jungkook answered proudly. Ji Hee rose one of her eyebrows at him and did a little chuckle.

"Yea, I'm older than you. I was born in 1996," Ji Hee smirked and Jungkook gasped. He's being proud for nothing.

"I'm so not gonna call you noona."

"Well, don't act douchie around me."

"Douchie? You're the one who's being annoying by calling me a kid."

"I never said that," Ji Hee spoke then she walked away from Jungkook but then he followed her.

"Uh, yes you indirectly did," he defended himself.

"Now you're being a kid," Ji Hee chuckled and Jungkook looked at her feeling more pissed than ever.

"Aish! Is that mean Jae Eun also older than me?" Jungkook asked again.

"No, she's born in 1997 like you," Ji Hee answered and Jungkook then nodded and questioned himself why Jae Eun never called Jimin with 'oppa'.

It wasn't weird anyway because sometimes he disrespected his hyungs too.

"What do you want?" Jae Eun closed her book and stared back at the guy in front of her. She gave up trying to read the book. She had been reading the same paragraph over and over again but having Jimin poking her cheeks and playing with her hair as he looked at her in a close distance ruined her concentration completely.

"Your attention," he replied bluntly. Jae Eun chuckled. Cheesy much?

"My attention? Okay. Anyway, how was that guy you and your pals beat up the other night?" Jae Eun asked even though that night was actually so many nights ago.

"Yea well, he's alive, sadly."

"What do you mean sadly? He's supposed to be dead?" Jae Eun rose her eyebrows at him.

"Nah, not really. But I want that," Jimin looked away and smirked.

"Weird. What's so good about killing people anyways?"

"It's good because I got money from that," he shrugged.

"Money? Oh, how about that money that I robbed the other night? I'm not gonna have a single cent?" sarcasm in her tone.

"Oh, you want some of the money?" Jimin chuckled at her. Why's he laughing?

"I robbed the store. I have the right to get what I deserve."

"You want money?"

"Yea?"

"Go out with me. Tonight. I'll pick you up at eight," Jimin put his elbows on the counter as he stared at Jae Eun intensely with his cocky smile. His facial appearance was undoubtedly beautiful. Mesmerizing eyes, thick plump lips, messy hair, and jaw carved by the Gods. She's hypocritical if she didn't think the guy in front of her was handsome and hot. Don't get me started with the perfect shape of his body.

"W-why should I? You, you don't even like me," Jae Eun protested.

"Why do you think I don't like you?"

"Well, do you like me?" Jae Eun rose one of her eyebrows at him finally regaining her confidence. 

Jimin couldn't answer to that. He wasn't sure actually. Though it would be weird if he liked her, he thought. They just knew each other for a few weeks.

And damn that girl was sometimes a pain in his a*s.

"Exactly. I've told you to―" Jae Eun nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter