thirty seven.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ms. Kim," she heard him said and she froze.

The two approached her while she moved back and kept doing it until her back hit a hard surface that was somebody's chest.

She turned aroud and saw another man there looking down at her. He took her by her wrist and pulled her until she was standing behind her. She could tell he was one of Mingyu's friends based on how he dressed and the color of his mask. She saw the two men stared at him before finally walking away leaving the two of them.

Once they were out of sight, the man pulled her and took her somewhere on the first floor and how shocked she was when they both stopped in front of the room she was meant to be in. She turned to the man and he looked down at her. He turned the knob and pushed her in slowly as he walked his way into the room too.

There she saw nothing but an empty room with arranged furnitures and she was startled when the guy pulled her wrist again and took her to hide behind a long couch and squatted down. The guy put his forefinger in front of his lips telling her to keep quiet.

No longer after that, the door clicked open and two guys came in. Jae Eun stared at the man in front of him and he then pointed at his own ear telling her to listen. 

"How are your boys doing?" said man 1.

"They're ready, how about yours? Are you sure this will work?" man 2 replied.

"I'm sure this will work. You said your boys had brought Jae Eun and Ji Hee here right? We just need to start doing our job."

"Just get the two girls to us. I'm sure Jae Eun already found the flash drive, we have to take that from her or everything that we had been set up will be ruined."

"But how?"

"We're the leaders, it's gonna be easy," and just like that, Jae Eun's heart was beating rapidly. They're the leaders of both sides.

She didn't see the faces of the men but surely she knew who those were. She then turned to the guy in front of her again and immediately moved backwards but he stopped her because she almost hit a lamp behind her. Again, he told her to be quiet until finally the conversation between two men ended and the two left the room after deciding to split up and look for their teams.

Jae Eun was scared as hell right now. She didn't know what will the guy in front of her do after this. She just held her purse tightly which he saw her did.

He then reached for her arm and she just swatted it away before he held her wrist tight stopping her.

"Let go of me," she ordered. But he didn't comply. He just slowly put her hand on top of the purse confusing her.

"Keep it. I know you know what's inside the flash drive, and so do I," the guy spoke. "I need to talk to you, but it's not safe here. They'll come back again," he said as he stood up pulling her with him then they exited the room.

He led her to the main door and finally they were out of the building. He took her to the garden in front of the building as he tried to find a place that was out of everyone's sight.

When they found the perfect place, they both stood up and stared at each other. "Please, don't freak out. I need your help," the guy said.

He slowly put off his mask and revealed his face. Jae Eun covered immediately seeing that it wasn't  one of Mingyu's friends.

It was

Kai.

"Please don't freak out," he said again. Jae Eun was hyperventilating seeing the tall guy in front of her. What should she do now?

She clearly just heard what the leaders said earlier and she was no doubt sure that he will send her to him later.

"You did see what's in the flash drive right?" he asked and Jae Eun nodded. Kai then sighed. He looked distressed and.....scared? "Then, I'm sure you know why I said I need your help," he spoke again. Jae Eun furrowed her eyebrows didn't really understand why. 

"I don't," she spoke truthfully.

Kai exhaled hard and then ran his fingers through his hair, messing it, "listen, in a few minutes, they will call us and tell us to find you and bring you to them. You don't want that to happen right?" Kai asked.

She knew what will he say after that, he will say 'give me the thing so I won't have to send you to them.'

"That is why you have to show Bangtan and EXO what's inside it," he told her. Jae Eun didn't respond. What did he just say?

"What? But why do you want them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter