ten.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Three," Jimin spoke lowly. Jae Eun stared up at him and saw him panting. They weren't even running but their hearts were beating fast because of what was happening that time.

Three. He saw three men with flashlights. Those were the other mafias in their city but their relationship with Bangtan, Jimin's group, wasn't good. In fact, they weren't supposed to be in the same place because they would end up beating each other. The worst is killing each other.

But because Jae Eun was there and Jimin wasn't with his group, he chose to avoid that and bring Jae Eun to safety.

Jimin had his back on the tree while Jae Eun was pressed to his chest.

"Let's switch places. We have to get out of here," Jimin whispered and Jae Eun just nodded at him. She let him do what he had to do.

They slowly switched places so Jae Eun was the one who had her back pressed to the tree. Jimin moved his head a bit to the side to peek on how to get out of there.

The three guys were still there. One inside the woods and two were surrounding Jimin's motorcycle. Kicking it and laughing at it.

"Tch, morons," he muttered.

He saw the flashlight went to his direction and it made him hid again but he didn't realize that he pressed Jae Eun too much so that there was no gap between them.

"Sorry," he spoke fastly. When the light weren't on him, he peeked again and saw the two guys were still surrounding his motorcycle.

"Ah, I need to get those men away from my motorcycle," he whispered.

"How?" he heard Jae Eun said. Jimin turned to her and suddenly he got an idea. It was crazy and he was 80% sure she wouldn't want to do it.

"Jagi, you want to get out of here alive right?" he whispered to her.

"Yes, of course."

"Me too. I need your cooperation but I know you won't like this," Jimin stared at her eyes deeply trying to assure her that it might be the best way to do it. "I need you to distract them," Jimin made Jae Eun's eyes went wide.

"What? No!" she refused and beginning to panic.

"Yes, you have to. If you don't then, let's just wait until they find us and let bullets make a hole on our heads," Jimin said sarcastically.

"Why me? Why not you?" Jae Eun protested.

"Because if I show my face in front of them, they will―" he cleared his throat and gulped as he looked at her, "they will probably shoot me instantly. And when they found you, they'll undoubtedly shoot you too because they'll assume you're some kind of related to me. That's why the best way to escape is to help me get to my motorcycle without them noticing," he smiled at the end of the sentence.

Jae Eun looked at him with furrowed eyebrows before finally she gave in, "fine! What should I do?"

Jimin smiled at her and patted her head softly, "good. Just get out there, act natural, tell them that you went here alone just trying to get some air, just let them talk to you, stalling their time would be good. While they were focused on you, I'll go to my motorcycle, moved it a bit further from where I parked it now until it was out of their sight, and then you can just say goodbye to them and walk casually to me. Understood?" he explained.

Jae Eun sighed and nodded after that. "Don't leave me!" she threatened making Jimin chuckled.

"I won't. Wait, go when I tell you," Jimin peeked again and waited for the one who wasn't near his bike to look away. When he did, Jimin pushed Jae Eun and told her to go out there and distract them.

Jae Eun took a deep breath and then remembered what Jimin said. Act natural.

She let herself be seen by the guy and when he saw her, the first thing he did was pulling out a gun and aimed it to her.

"Who's there?" he spoke suddenly and it made Jae Eun put her hands in the air.

"Woah woah, wait," Jae Eun said panickly.

Knowing it was a girl, the guy put down his gun and walked to her. His two friends did the same and they left Jimin's motorcycle to go to her.

"Ah, sorry to scare you," said the guy to her. Jae Eun put down her hands and shoved them inside her pockets. Sighing in relief.

"Damn, a pretty thing like you shouldn't be in a place like this in the middle of the night alone," he flirted. The two other guys approached but one of them stared at Jae Eun suspiciously.

"I like to just walk here to clear my mind. Just trying to get some air from my miserable life," she spoke.

Jimin who was already walking away from the tree silently, rolled his eyes at what Jae Eun said. He knew she was talking about him. He was lucky that there were a lot of bushes and tall trees there. He could hide anywhere. 

"Hey, may I ask you a question? Are you here with the one who owns that motorcycle?" the one who looked at her suspiciously asked. Jae Eun moved to look at the motorcycle and then furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wait, it wasn't there when I got here," Jae Eun looked around the woods pretending to look terrified if there was someone following her. But then she glanced at the guy who asked her and still had this expression that he didn't believe her that much.

"I'm telling you, he's a bad person that could kidnap you and kill you easily," one of them said again with a chuckle at the end of his sentence. Jae Eun caught a glimpse of Jimin dragging his heavy motorcycle away far on the back of the men in front of her.

"Then what about you? I mean you pointed a gun at me before," Jae Eun chuckled too making him scratched his nape.

"Yeah well, I thought you were him, we're looking for this guy. It's okay though, you'll be fine as long as we're here," the guy put his hand on Jae Eun's shoulder and squeezed it a bit sending goosebumps all over her body.

"Aw thanks. Oh anyway I think you should check over there, I heard voices earlier. It might be him," she pointed to the direction where Jimin took her before. One of the guys then told his two friends to start walking that way.

"Thanks," he said to her and she nodded.

"Good luck on finding the guy though. Stay safe," Jae Eun said and he nodded to her before he followed his two friends.

She walked away while the three boys began their search for this dude.

Jae Eun turned to the right when she was on the street and saw Jimin was waiting with his motorcycle a bit far from the woods. When he saw her, Jimin immediately wore his helmet and get on his bike.

Jae Eun kept on walking casually just in case if the three guys realized the disappearance of the motorbike and went to find it. Even though like that, Jae Eun made her steps faster.

When she was a bit closer to Jimin, a voice stopped her.

"Stop right there!" it was the voice of the guys.

Jae Eun looked at Jimin and he nodded at her telling her to just play the role. Jae Eun turned around to meet the guys, "I'm sorry, but we have to take you with us," said one of the guys.

"What? Where?"

"Shut up. We know you're with Jimin, now just do as I say," another guy spoke and he now had a smirk on his face, "it's been a long time since I last tormented a girl," he spoke again.

"I-I..." Jae Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter