thirty.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shocked.

That was what Jae Eun felt right that moment inside the room at 3 in the morning. She hasn't sleep at all because she spent her time reading her father's journal. And hell was she right it gave a lot of explanations.

She almost got to the last page and every pages there gave her a sudden headache.

She did a mistake.

Jae Eun sighed and closed the book. She laid down and massaged her head trying to reduce the pain from the headache. She should go first thing in the morning later. She can't just stay there, she should end whatever there was to end.

That's why she began closing her eyes, falling into deep slumber.

***

"Where are you going?" Mingyu asked when he saw Jae Eun walked passing his room. He just finished taking a shower and was a bit surprised that he saw her ready to go out.

"I need to find anyone between Namjoon, Yoongi, Jin, and Hoseok oppa," she replied.

"Why?" Mingyu walked up to her as he dried his hair with towel.

"This is why," she held up the journal and papers of contract.

"I'm coming with you then," Mingyu turned around and started putting on his clothes.

"Don't you have work to do?" 

"Nah, it's fine, I could take a day off. Since I'm always the employee of the month," Mingyu bragged before he finally went out of his room and met Jae Eun again who's rolling her eyes at him.

The two then left the flat and took the city bus to wherever they're going.

"So, who do you think we should go to?" Jae Eun inquired.

"I'll go with Hoseok hyung. The other three would probably be hard to approach. I know where his workshop is, Jungkook once took me there when Seokmin's car broke," Mingyu spoke to her and Jae Eun sighed in relief. Turned out he could come in handy too.

After a few minutes passed inside the bus and another few minutes spent walking, they finally arrived at the workshop Hoseok was working.

They got in and looked everywhere for him but they didn't find him.

Until finally Jae Eun saw someone who was under the car but now he's standing up wiping off the sweat on his face. His face was filthy because of oil but he still looked attractive. So attractive. With that mechanic uniform that he didn't zip up the zippers showing his toned chest.

"Are you seriously drooling over him right now?" Mingyu spoke suddenly on her ears.

"I'm not," Jae Eun said immediately then walked her way to the man she was staring before.

She was right, it was him. It's Hoseok. She was shaking, scared, terrified, what if he was mad at her for dissappearing?

"Uh, Hoseok oppa," she called hesitantly.

Hoseok stopped what he's doing and stood up straight before he turned his head to the source of the sound. His eyes widened when he saw her. 

"Jae Eun," he said, he sounded so relieved, "where have you been?" he asked.

"Um, I stayed at Mingyu's. I told him not to tell anyone where I am but, I need to talk to you about something," Jae Eun spoke.

"What is it? Are you fine?" he sounded so concerned it made her soft.

"I'm fine. It's about the box. I, I mean we opened it," Hoseok stood still. She opened it? The box was unlocked? 

"Jae Eun, wait for me at that cafe over there. I'll join you 2 hours from now and then we'll talk," Hoseok spoke as he pointed at a cafe across the workshop. He turned to Mingyu and nodded to him like he was saying thank you to him.

Jae Eun nodded and finally she and Mingyu went to the cafe waiting for Hoseok to come. 

They talked about everything like there was no end but Jae Eun turned stammer when Mingyu brought Jimin up.

"Jae Eun?" he called, worried that he upset her. Jae Eun turned to him and gave a small smile. "Sorry, I brought him up."

"It's okay," Jae Eun exhaled hard. What would she do when she saw him again? 

Mingyu held her hands and smiled at her trying to give her comfort. He knew exactly how she felt.

"Hi, sorry for making you wait," Hoseok came and took a seat on the empty seat there.

"It's fine, hyung," Mingyu replied followed by Jae Eun's nod.

"Well, now that I'm here, we have a lot to talk about. I haven't told the others about you here," Hoseok implied.

"Okay. Well, uh," Jae Eun turned nervous suddenly. Sure she believed him but she was just afraid she would make a wrong move.

"Jae Eun-ah, we know why you ranaway. We know you think we're not different from them, but you have to know this, remember that time in Busan when Taehyung called the group and we went inside his room while you and Ji Hee waited in the livingroom?" Jae Eun nodded. "It was actually the time when our boss reached us and gave us the task," Jae Eun gulped. She began rethinking everything. Was this the right thing to do?

"Find the box he said. We all knew about the box even before Taehyung found the email from your mom's account. We all knew there would be a box with everything we need inside it," Hoseok explained. Jae Eun held the box tight. "But Jae Eun, the box......wasn't our top task," he continued.

Jae Eun furrowed her eyebrows. There's something more important than the box?

"It's you," she was shocked. Her? 

"We didn't lie about trying to protect you from EXO. Because that was our task. You are our top priority because Jae Eun............we know your father."

She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. That wasn't surprising at all.

"Inside the box, there's a contract, am I right?" Hoseok questioned. Jae Eun replied with a nod. "The contract was signed by your father with our boss. Since he signed the contract, our boss told us to keep him safe. Him and his family. Your father was the first client our boss had that hired us as his bodyguards. We usually got missions to kill or blackmail people. But your dad? We got a mission to protect him. Quite different from our regular ones," Hoseok spoke.

"How could I know you're not lying to me?" Jae Eun asked. Hoseok just stared at her. How to convince her?

"I can't force you to believe me but I swear to you, I'm telling you everything I know," Hoseok replied.

Jae Eun leaned back to her chair while Mingyu just listened to the conversation as he slurped his drink. Funny Hoseok just let him sit there while he exposed about his own group and EXO.

"If you don't believe me, why do you come to me in the first place?" Hoseok shot back. Jae Eun seemed to be taken aback with the question she got.

"I........I believe you. I read my dad's journal, he actually mentione

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter