fifteen.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jin-ssi?" Jae Eun squinted her eyes to see the man standing before her clearly. The doctor smiled kindly at her and she then believed it was him.

"Oh c'mon, don't be too formal. And anyway, didn't I tell you to come see me in three days from today?" he started walking and Jae Eun followed, leaving Ji Hee in the waiting room. His broad shoulders really made her look small behind him. Probably the people in front of him wouldn't know if there was a girl walking right behind him.

"Um, yeah, you did. I just, something came up and I think you should see what happened to my wound. I guess I could tell you the story too though," Jae Eun responded weakly.

Jin turned to her for a few moments before turning the door knob to a room Jae Eun believed was his workspace. He told her to sit on the bed there and she did what he said. 

Jae Eun bit her lips, should she tell him? What if it will make her sound like she's asking for help if she tell him? While Jimin clearly said that he will not bother to get near her anymore to keep her safe and to have nothing to do with her about anything anymore. Did that mean his friends would do the same as him too?

"You look distressed. What's up?" Jin asked then he walked towards her. Forget about what she thought before, she couldn't believe what Jimin said about Jin works as a doctor was true. She knew she should've believed it just after he stitched her wound a few days ago, but she didn't and she just did now. Did that mean Namjoon and Yoongi were really cops? And Hoseok happened to be a mechanic? "Jae Eun?" Jin waved his hand in front of her face snapping her back to reality again.

"Yes?" she responded finally. Jin smiled looking at her.

"What's wrong with you? You zoned out pretty often," Jin questioned again. Now he started checking on Jae Eun's wound and furrowed his eyebrows when he looked at it bleeding and some stitches were off also a few part of the wound was opened again. He turned to Jae Eun who turned to him too when he looked at her. Worried was drawn on his face as he stood up straight and went to get his equipment. While he was collecting the things, he kept glancing at Jae Eun which made her nervous. "You said you will tell me a story, now probably is the right time," Jin implied.

"Uh, someone gripped my arm too hard. He didn't know I have―"

"He? Kris? Did you meet Kris?" he cut immediately. Even though she could sense a bit of annoyance from his voice, he still tried to look calm not wanting to scare his patient.

"Yes, I did," Jae Eun answered making Jin stood there like a statue. He was expressionless but his mind wasn't blank, a lot of things were running through his mind after hearing the news that the young girl just met Kris.

"How― um, okay speak to me. What happened?" Jin walked back to her with all the things he needed. He then rolled Jae Eun's sleeve up so he could get better access to her wound. He put on his medical gloves and mask then cleaned the wound first.

Before she tell him the story, Jin looked at her with anesthetic on his hand like he was telling her that he's gonna inject it to her wound. Jae Eun tried to find something to grip on because she knew it will hurt but she found no.........Jimin's hand. She suddenly remembered how he told her to grip his hand to hold the pain. Jin saw her zoning out again but then she gripped the bedsheet. He used that as a cue to start injecting the anesthetic.

When she started to feel nothing on her arm, Jae Eun started telling Jin about what happened before as Jin began suturing her. She told him the story from when she and Ji Hee went to the grocery store, Ji Hee felt suspicious about a couple of guys that happened to be Kris and his other friend she didn't know who, until when Kris talked to her while Ji Hee was on the other section of the grocery store.

"He didn't follow you here?" Jin asked while still focusing on stitching back Jae Eun's wound. Jae Eun shook her head making Jin a bit confused. "And how did you know I work here?" Jin asked again but that question made Jae Eun look at him confusedly.

"I...I didn't. The bus stopped right across the hospital and we decided to get off from it and go here," she explained and Jin nodded his head.

"Well, good then. At least you are taken care of by me," Jin finished his work then nudged her forehead playfully with the back of his hand. He put away the materials then walked to his table after taking off his gloves. "Seriously though, meet me in a week from today, okay?"

"Are you implying that I should be more careful, doctor?" Jae Eun spoke jokingly.

"You know you should be careful at all times now," he spoke after pulling off his mask and took a seat on his working chair. Jae Eun turned to him then took a seat across from him. "Oh, your medication f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter