twenty four.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They all were now in their own cars after choosing to leave the area knowing that Jae Eun and Jimin met Kai and Sehun. Eventhough probably EXO didn't know the location of the warehouse, it was still pretty risky to really stay at the same exact spot. Sooner or later, they will find them.

And the fact that Taehyung found a mail on Jae Eun's mom's account was also one of the reasons why they left the area. 

They all chose to comeback to Gangnam but they didn't allow Jae Eun nor Ji Hee to go to their flat because they're sure it was a mess there knowing that EXO was after the heritage that Jae Eun's parents left for their daughter. They must've ruined the place trying to find it even though that moment Jae Eun wasn't there.

That's why they took the two girls to their basecamp. All of them except for Jimin. He took Jae Eun to Mr. Wen that was said had the thing Jae Eun's mom left.

It was 3 in the afternoon and they're in front of a two story house. After making sure they're safe, they got off the car and walked to the door.

They were reluctant at first but Jimin then pressed the bell. They waited until the doorknob was turned and the door went opened revealing a mid-40 woman who stared at the two young people in confusion.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, um, is this Mr. Wen's house?" Jae Eun asked.

"Yes, this is his house. I'm her wife. Is there something?" the woman's voice was soft and polite. 

"Is Mr. Wen home? We need to meet him," Jae Eun spoke to the point. Jimin hoped that the woman will let them in because if not, everything would be hard.

The woman looked at them with creased eyebrows questioning why did the two kids looking for her husband.

"Oh, I'm Jae Eun, Kim Jae Eun. And this is, uh, Jimin," Jae Eun introduced the two of them and luckily the woman accepted their handshakes.

"Wait, Kim Jae Eun?" she suddenly turned surprised and looked at Jae Eun. Jae Eun nodded at her and her smile turned so bright and she looked so relieved. "Please please, come in," she said enthusiastically.

Jae Eun and Jimin entered the house after exchanging confused stares at each other. It sounded like the woman knew her. Well, she should be knowing that her husband was related to her family.

She told them to sit down and wait in the livingroom while she left to find her husband.

Both of them looked around and saw how nice the house was. It wasn't that big but sure it was quite cozy.

Jimin stood up and started walking around the livingroom while Jae Eun kept an eye on him actually afraid that he will cause something bad in the house.

"Oh look they have a child," Jimin pointed at a picture on a little frame on the wall.

Suddenly Mrs. Wen came into the living room with cookies and two glasses of milk. 

Wow. She's so kind. 

"We've been waiting for you, Jae Eun," she spoke to her. Jae Eun rose her eyebrows. Oh? How come?

She then smiled to her and went back to the kitchen because she seemed like she was making something. Probably for dinner.

Jimin who heard what the woman said just glanced at Jae Eun's direction before he walked to her and sat down beside her. Her face showed how confused she was. He then just gave light pats on her back before he took a cookie and dipped it into the milk and then ate it.

They then heard the front door went opened then closed followed by voices of guys. Jimin and Jae Eun stopped what they're doing.

Two boys suddenly walked passing the living room but then they walked backwards again when they realized there were some people in the livingroom.

"Oh? Hi there!" said one of them. Jimin stared at the guys and saw that the one that talked looked familiar. Then he remembered he was the son of Mrs. Wen because he saw photographs of him with his family.

Jae Eun stood up then walked to them.

"Hi, I'm Kim Jae Eun," she introduced herself then the other guy widened his eyes in surprise.

"Kim Jae Eun? The Kim Jae Eun?" he asked. Jae Eun furrowed her eyebrows and so did Jimin who was still sitting on the couch.

"I believe so? Wait, you know me?" Jae Eun asked confusedly.

"U-um," he stuttered after making the other boy smiled awkwardly at Jae Eun.

"Ah, Kim Jae Eun," a deep voice was heard from the stairs and she then saw a man walking down the stairs.

"Dad," one of the guys spoke making Jae Eun turned to him before she turned to the man again and bowed and greeted politely. He must be Mr. Wen.

"I see you've met my son," the man said when he was already in front of her.

"Yes, I have," Jae Eun replied with a smile.

"Well, I believe we have something to talk about, yes?" Mr. Wen spoke and Jae Eun responded with a nod fastly.

Mr. Wen's son and his friend then excused themselves before Mr. Wen and Jae Eun went back to the living room joining Jimin.

Jae Eun sat on her first spot and Mr. Wen sat across from them. After introducing themselves, the room fell silent.

Mr. Wen had something on his hand. A brown box. Jae Eun looked at it and thought of it to be the thing that her mother left for her. 

"I'm sorry about your loss. Are you doing well right now?" he asked concerned of the girl being. She lost both of her parents at the same time and he knew that there were no family lived near her right now. 

"I am. I'm living with my friend, Ji Hee, now. Lee Ji Hee? Do you know her?" Jae Eun replied and Mr. Wen's face showed that he heard the name of Ji Hee before.

"Yes, I know her parents. Oh you live with her now? That's great news. At least now I know you're not alone. I'm sorry I didn't look for you to give this to you at the funeral or after the funeral. I was there and I saw you and Ji Hee, but the circumstances weren't good so I can't approach you," Mr. Wen said as he gave the box to Jae Eun. The box weren't small but not so big either. It was quite heavy and succeeded to make her curious about what could be inside the box.

Different than Jimin who's looking at Mr. Wen feeling something odd about the man. The circumstances weren't good he said. Why weren't it? What happened there at the funeral?

"Oh, why is that?" she questioned. Jimin was glad that she asked the question so he didn't have to be the one who ask, considering that he's no one at this moment.

"It's b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter