thirty one.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The liquid flowed in his throat for probably the twentieth time now. He felt dizzy but something about it felt so good. His head was sometimes spinning, sometimes felt so light like a paper.

He came with a very heavy heart but now he felt nothing but joy.

"Can I have one more please?" he spoke and hiccuped. The owner of the place looked at him in pitty. He shook his head but then he just gave him another bottle.

"The last time you're here, you had a fight and exited my shop confidently. Now, the first time you entered my place, you really looked like someone who needs some drinks but, kid, seriously this is the last," the owner spoke. Jimin looked at him and smiled before he hiccuped again.

"You don't know what I've been through," he implied.

He felt even more sorry when he saw Jimin's ed up face.

"Try me. What happened to the girl, Jimin-ssi?" 

Jimin looked to the older man in front of him and he chuckled. "She left. Like a bird leaving its nest."

"Yeah? And whose fault was that? The bird or the nest?"

"The nest. Definitely the nest. The twigs were too sharp it hurts the bird. The bird was fragile and sensitive yet the twigs that was supposed to be the place for her to feel safe turned to be the only thing that's threatening her life," Jimin's smile disappeared. He looked as depressed as the first time he entered the shop. He drank the drink of his fifth bottle again. "Though it's good that she flew away, nothing will hurt her," he continued.

"Hmm, how does the twigs feel then?"

"Happy? Sad? Neither? It doesn't know. All that it knows, its bird is safe on some other nest now."

"Are you sure? What if the other nest were not as sharp as the first but the bird found comfort more on her old sharp nest?" the man asked. Jimin looked at him before he looked down on his hands.

He turned to the owner again and shook his head, "I doubt that. She's not stupid enough to love her old nest," he spoke.

"Son, I believe she's smart enough to think that the sharp edges of the nest will always protect her from the predators or bad birds. From what I heard the last time you were here, I felt how big is your desire to protect this little girl of yours. You fought those other men that's harassing her and let yourself got beat up," Jimin drank again until finally the bottle was empty. He was about to ask for another but the owner shook his head refusing to give him more. "Sounds like a great nest to stay."

"She left. Forget about it. She's safe from me. She's happy out there."

"What about you?" 

Jimin kept silent.

"For once, think about yourself for once. Knowing you, I know you put others first before you but you too have to be put first, Jimin," he patted Jimin's shoulder.

"She left me," he repeated.

"Not forever, I can guarantee you that. Come here and have a drink with me again bringing the girl if you finally got her wrapped around your fingers," the owner smiled at him. "It's up to you now. Let her go and be miserable your whole life or find her and get your spirit again. Start deciding now," the owner took Jimin's bottle and left him.

Jimin looked down again. Thinking will only make his head hurt. He put the money on the counter before standing up and walking out of the shop.

It was hard to walk since that his vision was blury and his head was so light he felt like flying.

He kept on hiccuping and giggling. He didn't even know where was he walking to.

Four guys approached him and held him on his shoulders because he wasn't looking where he's going and almost fall to one of the four guys.

"Park Jimin?" he said.

Jimin looked up and saw who the four were.

Xiumin, Chen, Kai, Kris. .

Looking away he swapped away Chen's hands on his shoulders and walked away. But the four then followed him.

"Weird to see you alone, Jimin," Xiumin spoke.

"You look lonely without Jae Eun beside you," Chen chuckled a bit.

Jimin turned around to face them, "what do you want?"

The four looked at him then Kai just looked away.

Chen rose one of his eyebrows, "you know what," he replied.

"She's not with me," Jimin replied fastly and turned around then started to walk but he couldn't even walk straight.

Xiumin nudged Kris and telling him that he was drunk.

A smirk formed on his lips as an idea popped up in his head.

"Yah, Park Jimin!" Kris called. Jimin was still walking. "Of course she's not with you. She's in our basecamp," he added. 

Jimin stopped walking hearing what he said. His heart beat too fast now.

"My room to be exact," revenge sounded so sweet now for Kris. Jimin turned around. He looked furious.

"Hyung, c'mon I don't want to get beat up tonight. His friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter