nineteen.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of a television was heard from the livingroom waking up Jae Eun who was sleeping. She looked at the clock on the wall and it said 2am that time. Who's up at this hour?

She got up from the bed slowly not wanting to wake Ji Hee up then she tiptoed to the door and went out from the room.

She walked her way to the livingroom slowly because she actually couldn't see clearly since the lights were mostly off and the only lighting she had was from the television.

Once she reached the livingroom, she saw a guy was sitting on the couch lazily and she knew exactly who it was. She made her way to the couch then sat down beside him. He saw her but then he stared at the tv again.

"Trouble sleeping?" she asked.

"Yup. You?" Jimin replied.

"You woke me up."

"Oh, sorry."

Jae Eun then joined him watching tv but actually she couldn't lie that she was still sleepy. The couch was long and the both of them were sitting on each sides leaving the middle part unseated by anyone. Jae Eun had her chin on her palm with her elbow on the hand rest. She sometimes fell asleep but then woke up again because of the sound of the tv.

"Hey, you're sleepy, go back to your room," she felt a hand on her shoulder and saw Jimin was looking at her. She yawned but then shook her head.

"About what I said earlier, I'm worried," she spoke but Jimin then creased his eyebrows didn't understand what she was talking about so suddenly. "What does Kris really want from me?" she continued and Jimin's gaze softened.

"That's pretty hard. Just after you told us about what he said, Taehyung immediately tried to get into their system but he got nothing," Jimin shook his head looking as frustrated as her, "don't worry, Tae will find out soon and you're safe with us."

Jae Eun didn't respond anything to that.

"You and Ji Hee," Jimin continued.

"Why? I mean, it's my problem and y― "

"Hey, you won't probably be breathing now if I wasn't there to rescue you," Jimin protested fast.

Jae Eun shut after he said that. He was right. All the time that Kris approached her, Jimin was actually there and she was alive because of him. But, thinking about him and his mates will be the one who protect her made her a bit unsure too.

Them, a group of mafias, will protect her from another group of mafias.

"Can I really...trust you?" she asked carefully, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. Jimin glanced at her. Hesitation in his eyes.

"I'll let you be the judge for that," he replied lowly. Jae Eun stared at him and somehow his answer scared her. "But I promise I won't let anyone take you away from this world," he spoke then Jae Eun turned to him from the tv.

"....and from me."

He was looking at her and a slight blush appeared on her cheeks. She immediately looked away and hugged the pillow from the couch then slowly covered her face.

"Sorry," Jimin also covered his face with his hand because of embarrassment and the atmosphere felt different.

Jae Eun suddenly threw the pillow right on his face startling him.

"Why did you throw me this?" he threw the pillow back as hard as how she threw it to him.

"It's your fault!" she protested and kept throwing it back and they started attacking each other with the pillows.

It was a great fight until finally Jae Eun dominated and she was hitting him repeatedly. Jimin was trying to protect himself from the pillow with his hands but still she's able to attack him easily.

"Is it really a crime to flirt? And why are you reacting like this just now? I've been flirting quite often," he laughed then took another pillow and hit her on the head making her fell on her bum on the floor. "Oh my bad," he kept on laughing he even held his stomach with Jae Eun sitting on the floor laughing too.

"Ah, this actually hurts," Jae Eun stood up and rubbed her bum as she was still looking at the laughing guy. She then slapped his arm once making him winced.

"Just sit down," he pulled her wrist then she sat down again on the couch. "It wasn't a flirt, I really meant that," he spoke once he calmed down from his laughter.

"Why? Why from you too?" she asked while holding in her smile.

"Can't I? What if I say I want you to myself always?" Jimin suddenly leaned in to her until his face was only a few centimeters apart from hers then he looked down on her lips and bit his lower lip seductively.

Jae Eun gulped and pretty sure her face was turning a bit hot. She then told herself to stay cool and don't fall for it too easily.

"Hate to break it to you but," Jae Eun shrugged, "I'm not some kind of a thing that someone like you can own," she fired back. Jimin was taken aback a bit by it but he just chuckled at her.

"Just so you know, I'm good at keeping my things," he smirked and looked at her eyes deeply with faces still close. He then purposedly brushed his nose against her making her heart went wild.

"Things? How many things do you have then? Why do you still want another one?" Jae Eun tilted her head and smiled.

Jimin opened his mouth wanted to reply back but he went blank for awhile. Jae Eun smiled in victory looking at him.

"Because with you, all of the things I have are irrelevant," Jimin replied finally.

"Touche. I'm too fab than all of them eh? That's why if I'm really a thing, I'd be too expensive you can't even afford to buy me."

Jimin exhaled hard but kept on staring at her eyes, "and this is why I want you to myself. All this sassy attitude made me want you even more," and surprisingly he didn't give up.

"I...that sounded dirty," Jae Eun protested.

"Well, if you want to see it that way then....." Jimin's smirk was so undenyingly flirtious and Jae Eun couldn't take another glance at his (damn) y face anymore. She just covered her face and looked away as she hit Jimin's arm several times making him laughed but he just pulled her head and hugged it for a few seconds then let her go.

They turned silent after that. The sound of the tv was the only thing that was heard. Jae Eun was still trying to figure out what could be the one that EXO looking for, she didn't even pay attention to the tv.

"Jimin, does it have anything to do with my family?" she spoke up suddenly.

Jimin turned to her,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter