thirty two.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mingyu?" Jae Eun asked.

It was Mingyu and Seokmin who were standing in front of her. He looked surprised too but nervous at the same time. "J-Jae Eun. Um, hyung," he greeted her and Namjoon before entering the lift.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

"Jae Eun, let's save it for later," Namjoon spoke quickly. Jae Eun turned to him then nodded. The little room fell silent after that until finally they arrived at the floor and walked out together making Jae Eun more confused than ever.

She then stopped again when she saw so many boys sitting on the couches and the floor in front of a door that Namjoon told was the meeting room where his boss was. The boys turned their heads to her and she couldn't feel anything but fear. The more shocking thing was, she saw Mr. Wen's son and his friend there.

The boys there were actually shocked to see her too but the silence broke when Seokmin and Mingyu joined them all.

Namjoon pulled her arm and brought her inside the room then he closed the door behind them.

A man suddenly stood up from his chair and walked fast to her. She could know that he was Bangtan's boss because there was no one other than him there.

"Kim Jae Eun, it's very nice to finally meet you," he spoke to her. Jae Eun didn't reply. How could she never seen the man her entire life when he's  actually linked to her family?

Namjoon nudged her waking her from her daydream and finally Jae Eun bowed to the man politely. The man smiled at her and told her to sit down on one of the chairs there. She sat down beside Namjoon because to be very honest, she was scared. It was pretty shocking at how kind his boss was, she always thought that he's that kind of boss that's everyone's afraid of. 

Well, she didn't know anything though.

"It's okay, I'm a friend of your dad. He never told you about me, didn't he? Well, he never told me about you either until I saw you at the funeral," the man said. She didn't think he was the same person who signed the contracts with her dad because his name on the table was slightly different from the name that was on the papers.

"The funeral. Ah, Mr. Wen said he was going to give me the box that time but the circumstances weren't good," Jae Eun finally said to him.

"It's true. A lot of people came to the funeral so it would drawn suspicions from anybody if he gave you the box," the boss said.

"But, it's just a box. Not something dangerous."

"That's also true. But, you don't know that the many people that came weren't all from your dad's company. Some of them were—"

"EXO?" Jae Eun cut and he nodded making her gasped. She couldn't believe that actually she had been breathing the same air as EXO since two years ago.

"They didn't know you back then. Mr. Wen tried to protect you by not giving you the box that time. A lot had happened after that, we cut all communication with the Wens so that EXO won't find them. But your visit a few days ago changed everything. Jimin called me about you and him going there to his house and about him recognizing him," Jae Eun recalled what happened back to when she was at Mr. Wen house and him assuming that he had seen Jimin before. "He wasn't lying. Before you go home, he talked to Jimin and told him to keep you safe from anyone. He was glad that he found you first."

Her face turned red at the sentence. He found you first. But the she shook it off. It's just a word, Jae Eun, wake up.

"We are glad you're back," Namjoon continued and smiled at her.

Which reminded her, "excuse me, but um why are Kim Mingyu and Lee Seokmin here? And if I'm not mistaken, was that Mr. Wen's son?" Jae Eun asked.

The boss looked at her before he turned to Namjoon. The look on his face somehow told him to just tell her the truth.

"I'll leave you two here for a few minutes," the boss stood up and excused himself as he walked out the meeting room.

Jae Eun fixed her eyes at Namjoon after that. Having Mingyu and Seokmin there made her think that they're also mafias but, Mr. Wen's son? Really? And why was he not with his parents that's been captured?

"Well, you see, he's not a boss of only one group. There's another group that he manages," Namjoon started.

"Yeah, I know. Jimin told me that," Jae Eun spoke up.

"Then there you go. You got the answer. Mingyu and Seokmin are a part of the other group, also Mr. Wen's son. His name is Jun," Namjoon explained.

"I knew it," Jae Eun mumbled to herself.

"What? You knew? Who told you?"

"N-no, I mean, I.....wait, so these past few days I took shelter with a mafia?" Jae Eun questioned.

"Hm, yea. But, Mingyu didn't tell anyone. He really kept a secret that you're staying with him. He knew you needed time so....."

A flush appeared on her cheeks after Namjoon said that.

Jae Eun ran her fingers through her hair as she leaned back on the chair.

"So, you figured out Mingyu is one of us how?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows at her. Jae Eun took a glance at him and then knitted her eyebrows together, thinking.

"Well, he's Jungkook's friend— "

"Not every of our friends are mafias you know."

"Yea yea, I just thought about that a few minutes ago. Second, Jimin said to me that he told Mingyu to keep an eye on me when he said he will leave me alone because EXO was after me and then Jimin said that Seokmin knew about Kris and his guys and he actually helped me when Kris found me in my store. Not literally but," Jae Eun shrugged. Namjoon just stared at her listening to every words she said.

"What else?" Namjoon questioned.

"Oh! Mr. We— um, Jun's friend knew me when we met at Jun's house," Jae Eun held up her index finger.

"Oh? Which one? He has like 12 of them," Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, probably it's Minghao. Okay, proceed," Namjoon said making Jae Eun giggled.

"I can only remember that for now," Jae Eun replied. "And sorry for leaving without telling you," she apologized suddenly.

"It's okay. You're scared and confused. I can understand that," Namjoon smiled calming her down a bit.

"Thank you," Jae Eun smiled back.

"Jae Eun, please consider on talking to Jimin after this. He had been destructing himself since you're gone," Namjoon pleaded.

Guilt built up inside her just after he said that. She couldn't believe she accused him for killing her parents when actually that wasn't the real thing that happened and damn how stupid she was for believing the opponent side and ditching her friends.

"Stop blaming yourself. Like I told you before, you're confused, it's not all your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter