thirty three.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearly midnight and Namjoon hadn't come back from the headquarters. The more she waited the more she felt uneasy. What if they couldn't talk it out with their boss? What if no matter what they wanted, they still had to obey the order of their boss that was to give her away to EXO?

Jae Eun had been trying to close her eyes for hours but it didn't seem to work. She sat up and saw that Ji Hee was sound asleep. She got off the bed and walked out before walking to the kitchen, opening every cabinets and getting all jumpy when she found the chocolate powder. She then made a glass of chocolate milk and was about to take a sip when she heard footsteps on the stairs.

Being the curious self, she walked towards the stairs and then walked up. Her feelings told her that Jimin was at the rooftop and when she arrived at the floor, she was right. A man was standing with his hands inside his pockets. Jae Eun then walked to him still with a glass of milk on her hand.

"You know, I'm starting to think that everytime I have trouble sleeping, you will always have the same problem," her voice made Jimin turned around and smiled warmly at her until she was standing beside him.

Jimin couldn't lie but to still feel awkward about what happened when they were kidnapped. He saw how she cried and how her eyes reflected her feelings which made their way to his heart and broke it slowly.

She sipped her drink then bit her lips. Different than him, Jae Eun didn't really care about what Suho told her, she just couldn't stop thinking about the kiss she got the night before. She was embarrassed of course but should she? When Jimin didn't even remember kissing her that time.

"Do you want some?" she offered the milk to him.

Jimin looked at her for a few seconds before he took the glass and sipped the milk. "Ah, that's nice. Thanks," he said after then gave Jae Eun her milk back.

They were standing and just staring at whatever's in front of them. The scenery wasn't so good but the silence calmed them.

In a few moments, Jae Eun finally finished her drink.

"Hey, you got yourself pointed by a gun so often right? If you want to avoid getting shot, what do you do?" Jae Eun asked. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and squinted his eyes, thinking.

"Well, if the shooter was far from me, I could just pray that he missed or I shoot him first. I can't do matrix so...." he joked and Jae Eun rolled her eyes then chuckled, "but if they were in a close distance where I could still reach them with my hands, I usually snatched their gun," he shrugged as he continued.

"Snatch how?"

Jimin rose one of his eyebrows at her as he glanced at the girl. "Here, let me teach you how, who knows it'll be useful someday," Jimin suddenly pulled out a gun from his hoodie pocket then took out all the bullets. "Hold this and point it to me," he gave the gun to Jae Eun and she took it after she put down her empty glass. She then pointed the gun at him with her right hand. They were silent after until suddenly, in a swift motion, Jimin moved his hands and snatched the gun easily leaving Jae Eun confused.

"Wait wait, I didn't pay attention," Jimin chuckled at her and then gave the gun again.

"First, you have to put your hands up like you were surrendering just so your hands will be close to the gun like this," he put his hands up, "you're holding the gun with your right hand so I have to use my left hand to grab the barrel," he then did what he just told her and Jae Eun nodded, "you just have to see how your opponent holds the gun. If they hold it with their left hand then you have to grab the barrel with your right. Okay proceed, after grabbing the barrel, use your free hand to chop the opponent's wrist and then you twist the gun to the thumb of your opponent and grab the gun," Jimin succeeded on pointing the gun at Jae Eun and Jae Eun laughed.

"Wow, so that's how," she commented.

"Mhmm. Now you try," Jimin spoke.

Jae Eun took a deep breath and then did what Jimin taught her before but she did it slowly since it was her first time. "Nice nice. Do it again," Jimin said when she did it correctly.

They then did the snatching-gun-practice for a few times until finally Jae Eun could do it quite smoothly. Jimin looked at her proudly then he inserted the bullets to the gun and put the gun inside his pocket again.

Jae Eun picked up her glass and yawned once feeling quite sleepy. Seeing it made Jimin turned to her and finally decided to let out his idea.

"Hey, do you want to crash in my room?" he spoke so easily but he didn't realize his sentence grew another meaning inside the girl's head and her cheeks were starting to grew shades of pink. "N-no, I mean not like that, I'm just asking um...I mean, we could maybe like......talk until you fall asleep," his face turned red also at what he said and ended up facepalming himself.

"A-ah, that? I... are you sure?" Jae Eun asked back.

Jimin lifted his head up to look at her, "yeah? I won't do anything I promise," Jimin assured her and after fighting with yes and no answer, Jae Eun finally agreed.

The two then walked back inside and they only got to the second floor which she just found out that some of the rooms were there. All this time she thought that everybody slept downstairs.

"Go to the second room on the left, I'll be back in a few," Jimin told as he took her empty glass then walked downstairs to put it on the sink before he went to his shared room with Hoseok and took his blanket then walked back to the room where he found Jae Eun was sitting crossed legs on the bed. "This isn't actually my room, just another guest room but I sometimes sleep here when I want to sleep alone or when Hoseok hyung snores so much," he chuckled explaining the story of the room.

He then prepared the blanket and took extra pillows on the cabinet there and put them on the bed. He then crawled on the bed too and just laid down leaving Jae Eun shocked because he's actually gonna sleep on the same bed as her. But then she shook her head a little, she had slept on the same bed with him once, so it shouldn't be a problem at all right?

Jimin hung the side of his head on his palm as he laid down on his side just looking at her. Finally Jae Eun laid down too and stared at the ceiling and sighed.

"When will Namjoon oppa come home?" she asked which made Jimin scoffed in annoyance.

"Damn, girl. I invited you here and the first thing you talk about is another guy," Jimin spoke jokingly as he held his not aching chest. Jae Eun turned her head at him and just stared at him also in annoyance.

"Not thaaatt. I mean, he took me to the headquarters today and there I met Mingyu and found out he was under the same boss as you and then—" Jimin didn't move a muscle, he just stared at her and listened to every words she's saying, "did Namjoon oppa tell you anything?" Jae Eun stopped to ask the question and Jimin rose his eyebrows.

"We haven't heard from him since this noon. Why? Did something happen in the headquarters?"

Jae Eun sighed. No news from him could mean the talk with the boss hadn't come to an end until now.

Jae Eun then explained what happened in the headquarters from when Jun got the message until when his boss made a decision to do what EXO said.

Just as expected, Jimin was furious with that. He started ranting about the possibilities if they really switch her for the Wens. He was 100% sure switching her won't change anything.

"I don't get it. Your boss gave you a task to protect me but he chose to give me away that easily like the task was nothing. I mean, I understand that Mr. Wen was his client and his subordinate's parent but why didn't he think about something that could safe me and the Wens? It pretty hurt when he said that I wasn't his concern in the first place because my parents never mentioned about me before," Jae Eun spoke. Jimin ran his hand through her hair and then tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "What a d*ck," Jae Eun spatted making Jimin laughed until his eye smile was showing.

"Well, he is," Jimin said but his hand was still playing with Jae Eun's actually tangled hair. Jae Eun looked at him in confusion.

Did he really just mock his own boss?

"The one your father signed the contract with was our former boss. Remember when I said there's an underboss who's the second in command who could be the boss wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter