thirty four.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon was finally home after midnight. Even though Jae Eun really wanted to know what's the boss' final decision, Jimin told her to just sleep and they'll just talk it out in the morning.

When it was morning, she was woken up by some voices downstairs. She saw Jimin was still on the bed with her but he already woke up before her. She didn't say anything nor move a single muscle, she just stared at him who was staring at the ceiling with one hand behind his head. Then she realized that his other hand was under her neck and one of her hand was laying on his chest while her body was pressed against his side.

She moved her hand a bit and it made Jimin turned to her immediately making her shut her eyes. Their faces were so close it made her face heated up. Why did they have such little space between them since last night?

"Are you awake?" he spoke before shifting and move his hand that was behind his head before to her waist so he had her in his arms again. "Jagi, you've woken up right?" he questioned again but still no answer from the girl in front of him. He traced his finger on her cheek making her opened her eyes slowly.

The scene from last night replayed on her head turning her into a blushing mess.

A smile formed on Jimin's face making him looked more attractive with his bed hair. He leaned in without warning and landed a peck on her nose before looking at her again who flinched at his sudden action.

"W-why...why did you do that?" she finally spoke trying to calm herself down.

"Trying to wake you up completely. Guess it works," he smiled sweetly again as he adjusted his head so he laid on the pillow comfortably and then continued to stare at her.

"H-hey," she said weakly making him chuckle.

Having him still staring at her made herself gulp for several times, her palms were sweaty, and also she couldn't lie that she felt nervous being stared at like that.

"U-um, should we....go out? I mean, I heard the others," Jae Eun tried to distract herself by starting a topic. Jimin's smile disappeared suddenly.

"No. Just stay here a little longer," he tightened the grip, he even pulled her until there was no gap between their bodies.

"Jimin, but I need to know what your boss' final decision was," Jae Eun tried to free herself from his grip but it seemed not working.

"You'll know later," Jimin replied shortly and he moved his face closer to her and closed his eyes. She was shocked but then she realized that he wasn't doing anything. He just stayed still with his eyes closed, resting his forehead on hers.

"Jimin-ah, I—"

"Please, Jagi. Let's just cuddle," what Jimin said made Jae Eun's heart race. What's wrong with him?

Worry, sadness, hatred, rage, everything was drawn on his face. She moved her hand upwards and caressed his cheek. He still had his eyes closed. He exhaled hard as he moved his head like he was trying to feel every skin of her palm on his cheek before he kissed her palm gently.

Again, he made her heart beat in a very abnormal speed.

"Jimin-ah, what will happen if your boss still tells you to bring me to EXO but you don't do it?" she asked him.

"He will tell the other team to beat us up. And if we still refuse, probably he'll torture us, even worse, our family. He's that kind of boss that will make sure you're miserable if you don't do what he asks you to do," Jimin replied.

"Your family? But why?"

"Consequences. He'll control our lives. He'll make our family suffer for the rest of our lives," Jimin shrugged.

"But what if you only did it once?"

Jimin chuckled, "there's no such thing as once. If we refused his order, that also means we don't want to do anything for him anymore because he will surely lose trust in us. Even just for once," Jimin had a smile on his face.

Jae Eun looked at him and suddenly she felt bad. He was disowned by his family but his family will be tormented if he refused only one mission.

"You know what the decision?" Jae Eun questioned. Jimin kept silent after that and looked down. He surely kept something from her. "Jimin-ah," she called again. 

"I don't want to make you sad again, Jagi," he implied. His voice was deep and sounded concerned. She didn't feel good hearing what he said. If what he meant was it was a bad news, what would happen next? Will it be the end of her?

"I'm already sad," Jae Eun spoke which made Jimin turned to her. Hurt in his eyes. He did it again. He will always make her sad, hurt her. "But I feel safe with you," she continued.

Both of them were silent. He heard her say that once. When she was in Jin's office. But hearing her saying it again made him somehow happy yet confused. Why would she feel safe around him? All he could do was putting her in danger.

"But having you here is enough to make me happy," that one little sentence succeeded in silencing him.

He.

He made her happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter