forty.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having Kai there with her was quite shocking. When he at first always tried to hurt her until he changed. She just realized that Kai several times tried to stop his friends to threatened and hurt her. 

He also told her anything that she wanted to know and that's when she knew that what's happening before was part of Bangtan and EXO's plan. 

The two people she heard talking in a room when she was with Kai were none other than the both sides' bosses. 

The boss of course is someone who leads the team. The leaders.

Both Bangtan and EXO were shocked when their bosses suddenly asked them to capture Jae Eun and Ji Hee. The two teams didn't even know that their bosses were there.

Except Kai.

He had been pretty suspicious with his own boss he managed to get so many dirty informations about his boss and his little plans. Holding the Wen's hostage in that party was EXO's boss idea which actually was a bit weird because why would they hold them hostage in a party? Though that was how Kai found out about what's in the flash drive. He accidentally overheard his boss' conversation on the phone with someone he assumed was Bangtan's boss talking about the thing and their discussion on destroying Jae Eun and Ji Hee.

Bangtan's and EXO's so called plan was actually made spontaneously just after Kai shot Jimin. There was no arranged plan, they just went for it. They all knew something was fishy just after Jae Eun and Ji Hee spilled almost everything.

"Wow, it's surprising that you all quite believed me," Jae Eun commented.

"That's because you talked about family. Most of us were forced to leave our family because of this job without any clear explanation why. We know it's for their safety but that's pretty ridiculous though we as mafias keep our identities hidden," Kai spoke, "anyway, we still have to show them what's in the flash drive though later. But now, keep it. We'll wait until everyone's okay," Kai told her to keep holding the flash drive.

Jae Eun stared at the flash drive quite long until he turned to Kai again remembering something.

"Was it you at the cemetery?" she inquired suddenly.

Kai stared at her and he was a bit surprised then he gave a soft smile, "you got me," he replied, "I followed you there and when you're reading in that ice cream shop, I just thought about visiting mom and dad. I didn't know you'd be there too," he spoke.

Wow.

"You shot Jimin," she changed the topic so suddenly.

"He almost killed you," Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "Besides, I shot him on his chest near his shoulder. People survive if they're shot there," he added.

"But he was unconscious," Jae Eun protested.

"He was bleeding pretty bad though. Probably because of that. Let's just hope he survive," Kai said then bit his lips.

Jae Eun looked at him and tilted her head a bit. "Do you miss him?" she asked.

"You said that like we had something romantic," Kai spoke in disgust, "but yeah, I kinda missed hanging out with him," he added.

"Well, he should survive then," Jae Eun spoke after staring at her long lost brother.

"So you can make out with him again?" Kai teased with his annoying smirk.

"Wha— where did you hear that? And no we've never made out," she refused though her cheeks turned crimson.

"I'm sure I saw you walked out a room with your lipstick ruined and there was some on his lips."

"............wow I hate you," Jae Eun said earning a laugh from Kai. "We're not like that though," she spoke again and looked down remembering what Jimin said earlier.

"I didn't ask anything about your relationship with him but you suddenly brought that up. You want to be like that with Jimin huh?" Kai teased and Jae Eun's jaw dropped.

"Shut up, no I don't," Jae Eun shook her head and Kai just rolled his eyes at her. "So, why were we seperated?" Jae Eun asked changing the topic again making Kai laughed because she changed the topic into one extremely different one.

"Well, we don't share the same mom. Our dad kind of made my mom pregnant before they're attached in marriage and he wanted to be responsible for the child —me— but my mom's father didn't approve because her father already arranged a  marriage for her and his colleague's son for his company's matter. He also forbid our dad to meet her ever again and that's it. Even when I was born I didn't see the face of my real dad until one day when I was three, we met by accident in the hospital. My mom was sick and was hospitalized and our dad was there because—"

"I was born," Jae Eun cut and Kai nodded.

"My stepdad knew my real dad and they weren't really in a bad term. In fact my stepdad was the one who introduced me to dad first and he literally told me that he was my real dad," he recalled what happened so many years ago.

"You were three. Did your stepdad tell you what happened?" Jae Eun asked.

"Not that time. He told me the real story when I was eleven. I know, so many years after right? Though that night I got to see you. You were just born and I remembered asking our dad 'is that my baby?' and he laughed then answered 'baby sister'. I was so happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter