twenty eight.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You lost her?" Ji Hee was shocked once she heard what Jungkook said when Bangtan finally came back from trying to pick Jae Eun and Jimin up.

Just yesterday she saw how the hyungs nagged Jungkook and Taehyung about what they did, about Jungkook lying to Jin, and of course about the disappearance of Jimin and Jae Eun.

Right now the atmosphere in the basecamp was uncomfortable since they failed to bring home one of the missing people. Jimin didn't join the argument because he just went to his room and stayed there silently.

Hoseok saw what he did and he sighed feeling sad about what happened. Jimin told everything that Suho said in the car and stayed silent after he finished telling the story.

"This will never happen if you guys didn't go to her flat," Yoongi said making Ji Hee flinched. Did he really bring that up again?

"We were trying to find more clues, hyung," Jungkook protested didn't want to get blamed for the second time again.

"Well, did you get more clues? I know you know there's a huge chance they'll be there too and yet you still go there. Why are you so stupid? Didn't I tell you to not make decision without telling us?" he looked furious and Ji Hee was afraid because Jungkook was as furious as him too. Nobody knew what will happen next if these two were angry right? "We lost everything! The box, the girl. What will the boss say about this?"

"Wait, the boss? What's with the boss?" Ji Hee's voice startled them.

Oh no. She didn't know anything.

"Noona, it's nothing," Jungkook spoke but Ji Hee didn't believe them.

"What's with the boss?" she repeated and she got suspicious about the boys in front of her.

"Ji Hee, we're um," Yoongi gulped. He ed up and he knew it.

"What is you guys' intention to be ing honest?" Ji Hee's eyebrows knitted.

The 6 boys in front of her were looking at her with nervousness. She caught them. None of them answered and Ji Hee's eyes were fixed on them.

She then turned her gaze completely to the leader hoping that he will spill everything. He looked at his friends before he sighed and looked down. "I think it's best for us to sit down," he said.

Ji Hee was getting uneasy. Once they were all sitting down, she did the same and again stared at the leader. He sure did feel nervous while being stared like that, but he had to keep it professional and then calmed himself.

He then started telling Ji Hee the real intention they had for keeping Jae Eun and her around. Their boss gave them a task to find Jae Eun and the legacy that her parents left her.

Ji Hee's heart beat too fast from fear. That meant that they got almost the same task as EXO. But there was a slight difference there between Bangtan's and EXO's task. And that difference calmed her down, she was glad that Jimin and Jae Eun weren't in EXO's grip anymore even though now Jae Eun was missing.

It made her sad that Jae Eun got the wrong idea of Bangtan and she was also sad that she lost her bestfriend.

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Ji Hee questioned. Namjoon sighed.

"If we did, this would happen long ago," he replied.

"Ji Hee, aren't your parents related to hers? They died at the same time as them, right?" Jin inquired suddenly.

"That's true," she answered.

"Why they don't chase you down? Not that I want them to, but....it confuses me. They were best colleagues like Mr. Wen, but they didn't look for you," his statement made the rest thought the same thing. They just realized that now.

Ji Hee was the one who's looking down now. Her gesture made them looked at her waiting for her to speak it out. She also had a secret.

"Actually, my parents knew about the legacy and everything. This one time, my family had dinner at Jae Eun's house and I was actually sleeping in, Jae Eun was already asleep that time but I wasn't. I was going to the bathroom when I heard their conversation, this was two years ago. They noticed I was there and they called me to come to them," Ji Hee explained.

Jimin who was inside his room could actually listen to the story since the house was quiet.

"They then told me about this important thing that they will hand over to Jae Eun if they're not around anymore. They also said that this so called thing will get someone's life in trouble if they keep it with them," Ji Hee continued.

Jimin walked out the room suddenly, "wait wait, Mr. Wen said that he was waiting for her to come to him so that he could give the box to her. Her parents want her to have the box, if someone will get in trouble if they keep it with them, why would they risk the life of their daughter?" he inquired immediately.

"That's because Jae Eun was the last person they believed and I was one of the people they wanted to stick with her and take care also protect her. That was my parents' and her parents' wish. Why do they want her to keep it with her, I still don't know," Ji Hee added. 

They all shifted uncomfortably on their seats. They should find her or something bad will happen. But they had zero idea about where she might be right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter