forty.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Because it just killed me."

The only words that kept repeating inside his head. It was two days after that night. Jimin was fully awake but he was still in the hospital with his friends.

How could he know what Jae Eun said when he was unconscious? 

It's because he wasn't unconscious. He woke up just before she entered the room but he chose to just pretend he was still unconscious and the reason was because he was upset at himself of what he said to the girl two nights ago and he couldn't face her when she was in the room. Cowardly right?

But now here he was, alive but he felt like dying. He too was hurt because of the impact from what he said to her. He never thought he will really not see her not because she had been taken away, but because he pushed her away. Why'd he turn stupid at things like this?

The ones who were in the hospital room with Jimin were only Taehyung and Jungkook. The rest was working and Jin was actually in the hospital but not in his room.

Bangtan and EXO had seen what's in the flash drive and most of them turned mute after seeing what's in it. It was because they just found out that the real reason they had to leave their family was because the two damn bosses threatened to hurt them and make the family suffer which also means that their family knew they're all mafias from a long time ago. Their family was threatened to be tortured if they ever report about their child or the bosses to the police and surprisingly some of them already got tortured and the flash drive contained some of the terrifying footages of the persecutions in it.

Weird, isn't it? All of that happened before Bangtan changed their boss. Did that mean their late boss was the one threatening their families?

No. He did told his subordinates to keep their identities hidden even from their family but there was someone who threatened the soldiers' families without the boss' knowledge.

In fact, the boss' son, the recent boss, was already behind everything ever since his father was still a boss. He did that without his father knowing and when his father found out, he put all the evidences he got in the flash drive and handed it to Jae Eun's father so he can try to stop him even though until now nobody knew the plan of Jae Eun's dad and why did the late boss ask for his help.

What's more shocking was Jimin found out that the whole his little brother incident wasn't all EXO's plan. There was a voice recording about the two bosses phone call to each other. There said that EXO's boss planned to capture Jimin's brother and Bangtan's recent boss told him to make Kris kill Jimin's brother because he was the most angry among all but none of EXO's other members knew about that order and if Kris didn't comply, his family was the one who'll get hurt.

to be with them two. Jimin lost his brother and it turned out Kris' family was tortured too in the end and he didn't know why when he clearly obeyed their boss' order.

Bangtan remembered how their boss died. They never knew why he died but they remembered him being healthy days before he died even though he was quite old that time. He was in his mid 60 and he was very healthy. Bangtan and EXO then assumed that his son had something to do with his death. 

"Jimin," Taehyung called bringing him back to reality.

"Yeah?" he replied finally.

"Kai is here," Taehyung told him. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows then saw someone at the door.

***

The two decided to go to the hospital park and left Taehyung also Jungkook in the room. It was still awkward for them to be together like this after a year being enemies.

"Do you know where Jae Eun is?" Jimin asked when they sat down on the park bench.

"No, I wanted to ask the same question to you too. After that night, she disappeared," Kai replied then sighed.

She really didn't comeback. She didn't even go to get ice cream with Mingyu since he said they should be doing it the day after she spoke to Jimin. Mingyu checked her flat and found no one also the flat still looked messy telling that the two girls hadn't come back there.

"Why did you think shooting you would be a great idea?" Kai asked changing the topic.

"What else should we do then? If you don't do that, you won't tell her that you're her brother and clearly I know you wanted to shoot me since a long time ago," Jimin chuckled and Kai rolled his eyes at him.

"That's not true. We might be enemies before but I prefer beating you up than shooting you," Kai nodded.

Jimin chuckled again at him. Yes, it was his plan.

A little funfact, he actually put a hidden mic on Jae Eun's dress which made him hear what she said and what another person said to her. He heard her conversation with Kai and also heard the conversation of the two bosses even though that didn't sound really clear. It was still a mystery when the mic suddenly turned off after that night.

Before Jae Eun went back to the building after the talk she had in the garden with Kai that night, Kai walked in first and Jimin approached him, that's when they talked about a little secret plan for later and Jimin told Kai to shoot him if the boss really tell him to shoot Jae Eun. He knew the boss will pick him to kill Jae Eun since he knew that Jimin was the closest person to the girl.

And so after that, everything happened smoothly-ish.

"You think she'll come back?" Kai asked.

Jimin looked down then he remembered what he said two nights ago that hurt her feelings and how Jae Eun spoke to 'unconscious' Jimin. 

"I doubt that," Jimin shrugged.

"Aren't you gonna do anything?"

"You're the brother. Why would I?"

"I know, but if I ever found her, I won't tell you anything then," Kai shook his head and Jimin turned to him.

"Why?"

"Because you give zero effort to try to find my sister."

Jimin shut his mouth. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter