epilogue.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you laughing? I'm telling you, I'm a pro at it," Jae Eun pushed Jongin by his shoulder as he kept laughing mockingly. Jae Eun groaned at him before she turned to Mingyu and Ji Hee, "guys, tell him," she ordered.

"He just can't believe nonsense, Jae Eun," Mingyu laughed and Jae Eun stared at him like she had been betrayed.

"You know I'm good at it! You saw me do it a long time ago," Jae Eun slapped Mingyu's arm hard enough to make him winced.

"That's what I'm talking about, it has been a long time ago," Mingyu joked again.

"Baby sis, I'm more of a person who believes action more than words," Jongin shrugged at her.

"Wow, you heard him, girl, do your job," Ji Hee said.

"What? No," Jae Eun refused.

"Chicken," Jongin chuckled.

"Okay fine," Jae Eun stood up.

They were currently in a fair where there were food stalls, exhibitions, rides, performances by people, and other fun things. It was undoubtedly crowded there since the fair was quite famous and clearly you're a cool guy just to be there.

The four of them were sitting on a bench after spending almost 3 hours walking, buying things, and tried a lot of rides and games when suddenly Ji Hee spoke that Jae Eun always steal things when it was this crowded.

And now here she was, about to try and steal something again after awhile. She was scanning around the place trying to find an easy target since it had been quite a long time since she last stole something from people. 

"I don't want to get arrested," Jae Eun turned to the three and then saw Jongin smirk.

"Just don't be nervous," Ji Hee suggested.

"Since when did you start supporting this?" Jae Eun asked her since she was the one who always bragged about her getting arrested and all.

"Just this one time," Ji Hee replied.

Jae Eun rolled her eyes then turned around again to find a target. Her eyes suddenly landed on a woman. She was talking to the man in the food stall as she was trying to get something for her little boy. Jae Eun walked towards her and stood up beside her.

"Honey, what about corndog?" she heard the woman said to her child. "Oh, sorry if I'm holding the line, you can go first," the woman realized Jae Eun's presence and said.

"Oh, it's okay, I haven't decided what to buy either. Sorry, can I take a look at the menu?" Jae Eun spoke. The man on the food stall then gave her the menu as she pretended to read what's in it.

The boy was still arguing wether to have hotdog or corndog and Jae Eun giggled at his whiney voice. Cute.

"Two corndogs please," Jae Eun handed the menu back and the man then started making her orders. She then stared at the little boy again who's still whining about him being hungry but also confused about what to eat.

"Here you go," the man said as he handed two corndogs and Jae Eun then paid it. She then walked to the boy and squatted down beside him.

"Hey, try this, you'll love this," Jae Eun handed one of her corndogs to the boy. The boy looked at his mom and his mom then smiled and nodded. It's fine that he's receiving a meal from a stranger because she saw Jae Eun buying the corndogs so there's nothing to be suspicious about. The boy then took the corndog and thanked Jae Eun before he took a bite.

His face lit up when he munched the food, "it's delicious, isn't it?" Jae Eun asked happily and the boy nodded excitedly. "You can have it," Jae Eun ruffled his head then she stood up.

"Oh, I'll pay for it," the mom said.

"It's okay, you don't have to. I'll get going now. Have a nice day!" Jae Eun spoke then she walked away until she was out of the woman's sight.

She walked towards her friends and Jongin as the three waited for her to say something. Not saying anything, she instead just pulled a wallet from her hoodie pocket.

"How was that for a chicken?" Jae Eun asked Jongin and he just laughed.

"What's your technic now?" Mingyu questioned.

"Well, I asked the seller for the menu and when he gave it to me, I scooted closer to a woman's purse and just took the wallet in it pretending that I was reaching for the menu."

"Wow okay," Ji Hee clapped her hands.

"Lameee," Jongin commented as he snatched the corndog on Jae Eun's hand then took a bite of it. "Try stealing a phone," he challenged and Jae Eun rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she replied.

Jae Eun looked around again and saw that most of the people there had their phones on their hands and she couldn't just snatch it from their hands, it will cause a scene.

She walked as she looked for an easy target until she saw someone just put their phone in their pocket and they didn't put it in properly. That would be easy.

She walked towards the person who's playing this intense game, and when Jae Eun was behind the person, she realized how good the person was on playing the game. Jae Eun turned to the pocket and then she pulled the phone slowly trying to make the owner feel nothing.

When she was almost finished, to be with her because the phone rang and it wasn't on silent. Moreover, she already had the phone on her hand. Getting panic immediately, she chose to pull the phone and ran away from her victim. She was trying to get to where his brother and friends were but she got lost because of how crowded the place were.

Finally she just chose to go where her mind was telling her and that brought her far away from everyone. She stopped to hide behind a game stall and tried to catch her breath after running so much. She knew some people were chasing her when she was running but she didn't want to look back and see so her victim won't know her face.

She was still panting and then she looked at the phone on her hand. It was still ringing from the previous call. She then exhaled hard and shut her eyes, she shouldn't have done what her brother said. Now look what happened. She wanted to give the phone back but she didn't know how. What if she'll get reported?

The ringing of the phone made her even more stressed. After thinking for a while, she finally chose to pick it up and answer.

"Hello? I'm so sorry, it was a mistake, I'll return the phone just tell me where you are," she spoke fastly and the person then chuckled.

"You stole a phone and said it was a mistake? Okay, just listen to my voice and you'll meet us," the person said and Jae Eun furrowed her eyebrows. If he said to follow his lead, did that mean he knew where she was?

"Uh, okay," she replied.

He then told her to go to the directions he told her and she could only listen and move her feet. It took her probably five minutes until he said, "you're here."

Jae Eun furrowed her eyebrows, "um, which one is the owner of the phone?"

"Walk forward, just tap the one who wears the red jacket, and don't hang up," he told her again and she even got more confused. He spoke like he wasn't with the owner of the phone. Though she felt like the voice sounded so familiar.

She walked forward towards the red jacketed guy and took a deep breath before finally tapped on the guy's shoulder. She gulped actually trying to be ready to hear his accusations.

The guy turned around and Jae Eun immediately handed the phone to him but when she saw the face of the guy, she froze. She literally froze seeing his perfectly styled hair that's a bit covered by his hood, his eyes, and plump lips. The guy sent a warm smile at her as he took his phone from her.

"Ah, you still steal," he told her and Jae Eun was still standing still. She could not believe her eyes. "Apparently I'm your victim again huh?" he looked at his phone and smiled before he put the phone on his ear, "hey, I found her, thanks," he said to the phone then he turned to Jae Eun again after a few seconds of silence, "he said he wants to speak to you," he handed the phone to her.

She took it and looked at the caller ID, 'Nini', who the hell? But then she put it on her ear, "hello?"

"Hey, sis, I can't believe you didn't recognize my voice," he spoke.

"W-what? No way," she realized it was Jongin and that made her facepalmed.

"Hahaha, you're so cute. Don't be mad at me okay? I'm just helping a friend. Now, go talk to him, he misses you. Tell me when you're ready to go home," Jongin said then he hung up. Jae Eun just shut both his mouth and eyes as she felt pissed because she just got framed. She then gave the phone back and turned around to leave.

The guy looked at her leaving and immediately stopped her by gripping her wrist and turning her around again before he pulled her and gave her a hug.

Jae Eun's eyes went wide at the sudden contact but she didn't try to escape. Knowing she made no resistance, he wrapped his arms tighter around her and buried his face on her shoulder, enough to tell her how much he missed her.

"It's been a long time," he spoke and then they both stayed silent. He pulled away and looked at her face. He knew she was trying so hard not to cry and that made him a bit panic. He was about to ask her what's wrong but then she landed a weak punch on his chest.

"Why did you guys do that? I was afraid I'll get arrested!" she whined and then put her face in her palms. The guy looked at her with furrowed eyebrows before smiling as he pulled her in again and embraced her.

"I never thought you changed to be a scaredy cat. Hey, come on, aren't you glad to see me?"

"Jimin."

"Hm?" he rubbed her back and he still had his smile because deep down he was so happy to be able to be this close to her again.

"Why are you back?" she questioned making his smile faded. He then let go of her and looked down at her.

"I want to."

"Tell me the reason."

He stared at her eyes and why did he feel pain seeing those beautiful orbs he's willing to stare the whole day?

"Meet me tonight. I'll tell you everything......and don't bring anyone because I won't too," he spoke and was trying to leave but now Jae Eun stopped him. He turned to her and was afraid she will refuse to meet him that night.

"Where?" she questioned. 

A sigh of relief escaped his lips, "you know where," and then he let go of her hand softly before he left her.

***

It took her quite some time to figure out where did Jimin want her to meet him. She was thinking of maybe he meant the basecamp but he said he would be alone. After thinking over and over again, her memories from a year ago finally came back.

She couldn't even believe herself that she's willing to waste her time to try to find the place where Jimin will meet her. It was like what happened a year ago was nothing now. But, should she be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter