thirty five.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Eun and Ji Hee were left on the basecamp when all the boys left to the headquarters to arrange their strategy.

They always discussed their strategies for their missions there but that time, the boss weren't there because he's actually preparing for a meeting the next day. Usually he will be there to observe them and in the end to approve their plans.

Jae Eun told them to just obey the boss' orders for the sake of their lives and they agreed with a heavy heart but Ji Hee and Jimin were the ones who still didn't want to agree to her.

And now, Ji Hee was cooking in the kitchen to ignore Jae Eun. Jae Eun knew she was just pissed so she kept on teasing her and tried to annoy her.

"Eonnie, I love you," Jae Eun acted cute while she was sitting on the dining table's chair looking at Ji Hee.

"I love you too but today nah," she replied while she was still cooking for both of them and the other 7 boys.

"I'm sorry. I think it's for the best."

"You think? Who am I gonna live with the day after tomorrow? I can't believe you just told them to do that when I know, well I believe, they actually can help you out of this mess without sending you to EXO," Ji Hee said frustratedly. Jae Eun put her head on the table while still staring at Ji Hee's back.

"I'm going to take a nap," Jae Eun spoke before she stood up and went to her shared bedroom with Ji Hee.

She laid down on the bed and just stared at the ceiling. She wanted to know what will happen tomorrow night when she finally fell to EXO's hands. Though, she's still confused why didn't  EXO mention about the crime evidences anymore.

The crime evidences. Was it still important though? She didn't have it in her hands anyway so what's in for her?

She sat up then landed her gaze on the box that was placed on the corner of the room. She walked to it and took the journal her father left and the teddy he gave for her before she got back to the bed.

She read some of the pages again and then remembered about the thing about her having an older brother. Her father wanted her to eventually meet her brother but if that's so, why were they separated since little?

Some things were still left unanswered and tomorrow night was probably the day she should stop thinking about these things.

She then put the journal and the teddy on her chest and hugged them as she sighed. She remembered how Jimin looked when she decided to just surrender herself to EXO. He was expressionless but she was sure he felt devastated. He couldn't say anything and he even ignored her before he left to the headquarters.

She was hurt seeing him like that but she couldn't complain, he was acting like that because of her.

She shut her eyes and the scenes she had with the guy replayed in her head. From the moment when she first talked to him which was on the music festival, when she stole for him, when he brought her to the hill, when he treated her wound, when he saved her from Kris, when he hugged her, when he first kissed her, how he smiled, how he laughed, how he pinky swore, everything that were so beautiful yet so stabbing knowing that those will only be sweet memories of them two. Will they even be able to pass the baby steps?

She gripped the journal and the teddy harder because it was painful to feel what's starting to grow inside her heart.

Suddenly she felt something weird on her hand. She put away the journal and started squeezing the doll over and over again.

That's weird, there's a part of the teddy that's not squishy. It was hard.

She sat up and stared at the doll. It looked like a very ordinary doll and Jae Eun kept on squeezing the hard part which was the stomach part. She turned to the backside of the teddy and found a stitched part along the back of it, she just realized it wasn't neatly stitched.

Jae Eun exited the room and went immediately to the kitchen, "hey, can I borrow a scissor?" Jae Eun asked and Ji Hee, still pissed, just pointed at a scissor near a bowl. Jae Eun took it and then carefully cut the thread of the stitches.

Ji Hee turned to her and furrowed her eyebrows at her. "What are you doing?" she asked Jae Eun finally but she didn't answer. Ji Hee rolled her eyes before turning off the stove and approached her.

She was cutting the backside of the teddy and opening it. She then put her fingers in and was trying to find something inside of it. It didn't take so many time to finally pull out a thing from inside it.

She examined it and furrowed her eyebrows. Will that be the crime evidences there?

"Flash drive? What is it doing in there?" Ji Hee questioned. They both then stared at it before Jae Eun pulled Ji Hee's wrist and dragged her to Taehyung's room

"What are we doing here? Jae Eun, are you crazy?" Ji Hee protested when she saw Jae Eun plugging the flash drive into Taehyung's not locked computer. Funny he didn't lock it when anybody could access it without him knowing.

A few seconds after, the screen turned  black and words also files started coming in. 

"Oh wow look how many," Ji Hee commented when she finally got interested.

Jae Eun started scrolling down and was blown away with what she saw there. 

"Click one of them," Ji Hee suggested. She clicked one of the files which led her to another many files. Some of them were videos and some were voice recordings, also files with people's name on it.

Jae Eun then turned to Ji Hee.

"Well, they won't be here any minute right?" Ji Hee shrugged then closed the door to the room before standing behind Jae Eun again.

"Are you sure?" Jae Eun asked.

"Don't give me that look, I know you want to open all of that too," Ji Hee groaned and Jae Eun laughed at her.

"Fine, here we go," Jae Eun then clicked the videos first and they ended up feeling scared as they saw videos of interogation of so many different people with violence and it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter