twelve.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hee stared at Jae Eun who was daydreaming in their workplace. She became silent since she got back from the hospital yesterday. She even got back to the store without Jimin. She knew something had happened but she still didn't know if she should ask her or not.

Jae Eun often turned to the door, but then she shook her head and slapped her cheek several times like she's telling herself to snap out of it, Jimin isn't gonna come.

It was confusing as to why she actually waited for him to come. She wanted him to not bother to come to the store and she got her wish. But after yesterday, she's not sure with that.

"Mind telling me what happened?" Ji Hee couldn't help but ask. Jae Eun turned to her and she knew what she was talking about.

"Nothing actually. I'm just tired," she lied then both of them greeted the customer that just came into the store.

"Come on. We live under the same roof and you think I couldn't tell when you're lying?" Jae Eun shrugged at Ji Hee making her rolled her eyes, "it's about Jimin, isn't it? He's not coming today?" Ji Hee asked.

"No, in fact he's not gonna come ever again," Jae Eun sighed hard like she was disappointed at herself.

"Isn't that what you want?"

"Yeah, it was. Now? Not so sure," Jae Eun shook her head.

"Don't worry, if he really cares, he'll comeback," Ji Hee patted Jae Eun's back.

"Um, don't say that like we're in somekind of an affair," Jae Eun was the one who rolled her eyes now.

 

― THE DAY BEFORE ―

"Thank you for your help. I'll get going now," Jae Eun spoke to Jin just after she went back from the rooftop.

"You're welcome. Jimin, you're not gonna say goodbye to Jae Eun?" Jin said to Jimin who was sitting on the couch with Hoseok and Jungkook. Jimin just glanced at Jae Eun and waved his hand a bit before glancing back at the tv in front of him.

Jin realized what's going on and he turned to Jae Eun again, "are you guys fine?" he asked lowly. Jae Eun looked at the tall guy and then smiled and nodded. Even though he didn't believe her, Jin just smiled back, "okay, take care, Jae Eun. Don't forget next week, okay?"

"Yes, I will remember that. Thank you, Jin-ssi," Jae Eun bowed politely, "I'll see you― um, goodbye, guys!" she said to the others and the others said bye back except for Jimin who just stared at her with no expression.

"You're leaving now? Aw, come again sometimes, okay?" Taehyung approached her and gave a quick hug.

Jimin who saw it, shifted uncomfortably on his seat as he turned to the tv again. Taehyung stopped hugging her then Jae Eun left the house.

Jimin looked down. He felt so bad she got Jae Eun in trouble. Her life was in danger because of him. She got injured because of him.  She should've just let her be after they robbed the convenience store together.

He sighed then closed his eyes and leaned his head back on the couch.

It's his fault. Everything.

He was worried about her and it went on until the next day. His friends noticed the change of Jimin's behaviour and it worried them.

Hoseok went to him and gave a pat on his shoulder making him turned to Hoseok and smiled when Hoseok smiled at him.

"You're okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'll go out for a bit, hyung. Probably will be back here before we go to meet Mr. Choi," Jimin spoke to Hoseok and he nodded at him.

It's been his habit, going out at mornings and Hoseok never knew what's he doing nor where did he go.

Actually he just went to the place he went to with Jae Eun. Just sitting there looking at the city and breathe in the fresh air. That Kris incident never gonna stop him from coming to the place.

He bent his knees and then put his elbows on top of them. He darted his gaze everywhere. To the moving cars, the people, the flying birds. Even though they're so small and so far from where he was, he could see the activities there.

Maybe he thought that the place he was now was a place for him to clear his mind. But there was this one thing that he couldn't erase inside his head. He ran his fingers through his hair before he stood up and went back to his motorbike.

He left the place and rode back to the city. He went to one of the supermarkets there to buy mineral water before heading back to the house.

When he was about to put his wallet inside his pocket, the wallet fell to the ground and then he picked it up. He stared at it and suddenly it reminded him of someone.

He furrowed his eyebrows then got on his motorbike again and rode it to the shop where Mingyu worked. 

***

Beside the glass window was the perfect spot for Jimin to sit down and sipped his hot coffee. Because he could easily looked at the store across the coffeeshop.

His lips curved into a small smile when he saw Jae Eun inside her store helping her customers with their needs. She sometimes looked at her covered wound and made a funny face when she felt a bit pain from it.

Jimin pulled his hood until it covered half of his face when he saw her walking out her store and headed to the coffeeshop. 

She went immediately to Mingyu and ordered her usual orders. They seemed like having small talks when Mingyu turned his gaze at Jimin. Jimin shook his head at him signalling him to not say anything that he's there too. Finally Jae Eun went back to her store with her orders not knowing that Jimin was there.

"Why can't I say you're here to Jae Eun?" Mingyu suddenly appeared and sat down across from Jimin.

"I just don't want her to know I'm around. She doesn't want me being near her too often," Jimin replied as he sipped his coffee.

"Ah, but you can't do that?"

Jimin chuckled bitterly, "something like that," he shrugged then turned to her store again, "yeah, I can't."

***

That night was another night Jimin and his group went to do their illegal job.

Right now, it's more than just beating someone up.

Their boss gave them a job to assassinate a group of people in a dinner held on a high class restaurant in a five star motel.

Ready with their sniper rifles they were on their positions inside six different rooms on another building located across from the targets. They were actually inside an apartment and they had been planning their strategy from a few days before.

They made the owners of the rooms they were in being late to be back home. Whether they made their cars broke down, or made them had to work over time, anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter