sixteen.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Jae Eun, I'm coming to get you in a minute."

Seeing the message made her immediately take her jacket then walked out her room to call Ji Hee. They're so leaving the place this instant. She was sure it was Kris. How did he know where she lives?

"Ji Hee eonnie," she called Ji Hee but there's no response. "Eonnie?" she called again and looked everywhere. The tv was still on, the chips she was eating were still on the couch. She wasn't in the kitchen, nor the living room. She went to her room and saw how tidy her room was like she hadn't been there since morning. She went to the bathroom and realized there was no sign of Ji Hee also.

Knowing she wasn't in the flat made Jae Eun more panic. She wanted to call her phone but then she realized it will make things worse. Because if she asked where she was and she answered, she's sure that it's not only her that doomed, but both of them.

But where's she? What if Kris' friend was here when Jae Eun was taking a shower and took Ji Hee away so Kris could finish her alone in the flat?

With no hesitation, Jae Eun went back to her room to grab her bag and put everything she needed inside it. She put her phone on the bed after deciding to not bring it since she knew that he might've tracked her. Then she saw the gun on the bed. After thinking for a few seconds, she finally took it and checked how many bullets did it had. It's full. She put it inside her pocket then she walked out her room to put on her shoes. She went out her flat then started walking to the stairs but stopped herself.

Kris will go that way. She turned around then went to the emergency stairs and exited the apartment by the back door.

She knew Mingyu was already far and probably already took the city transportation to go to his house so there's no hope in finding him to ask for help. 

She couldn't stop thinking about where Ji Hee was. She didn't know anything but she's now involved in this mess.

Jae Eun didn't know where to go and she couldn't keep her heart from beating fast. She was so paranoid that someone might be following her and that's why she kept looking back.

Finally she decided to just go to her own store. Luckily there was still some taxis there so she got on one of them and told the driver to go to her destination. Maybe Ji Hee will be there too. Or not.

Once she arrived, she paid the driver then saw it drove off leaving her in the middle of the night. Jae Eun sighed before turning around and stared at her store. 

"Jae Eun-ah!" somebody called her and it startled her so bad. The one who called her then apologized but can't help but to laugh.

"Oh, Seokmin. Why are you still here?" Mingyu's friend then approached her.

"I just closed the shop. Why are you still here? I thought you're closed like, three hours ago?" he checked on his wristwatch and saw that it was ten pm that time. 

"I.." Jae Eun stopped herself from telling him what actually happened and just smiled, "I left something in there," she pointed at her store with her thumb.

"But you look like someone who's running away?" Seokmin held her backpack and stared at her confusedly.

"I...uh yeah, I am. I mean I'm not running away, I'm planning to go somewhere after this."

"Okay. Do you want me to accompany you? It's already late," he turned a bit worried listening to what Jae Eun said. No matter what, she's just a girl that shouldn't be outside alone at night. The world is the most dangerous place right?

"I'll be fine," I won't.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," I'm not.

"Well, okay then. I'll see you later. Stay safe," Seokmin spoke then he turned around and walked away leaving Jae Eun alone there. She bit her lips as his figure getting far from her.

Jae Eun sighed then turned to her store. She could see how dark it was inside the store since Ji Hee already turned off the lights.

She then groaned knowing it's no use to be there. She didn't have the key with her. She scratched her head that's been covered by the hood of her jacket then she sat down on the doorstep and hugged her knees.

Without her noticing, her tears started to streamed down her face. She couldn't describe how scared she was right now. She didn't have any idea where to go and everywhere seemed like a bad place to take cover.

She looked up to the sky and felt that water started pouring down and in no time, it rained hard. She let her face get wet by the rain then she leaned back on the door.

But suddenly she fell back and hit her back on the floor.

The door wasn't locked. She looked around and found herself was already inside the store.

"What?" she spoke to herself then made herself stand up. She looked around again and found nothing since it was dark. She reached for the switch and turned the lights on. Once she could see anything clearly, the door caught her attention. 

The knob was broken. How could she not notice that before? She walked to it then looked at it but then she took out the gun that was inside her pocket immediately. The knob was broken by someone. She could tell that it was being smashed forcefully.

Suddenly she was being pulled by her hood and it made her fall again and the person then kicked the gun away from her. Her head hit the counter and it made her dizzy for awhile. When she could see clearly again, she widened her eyes and moved backwards when she saw a guy was standing before her.

"I figured you're going to be here," he spoke as he walked closer to her and Jae Eun kept moving backwards.

"K-Kris. How did you know I―" before she even finished her sentence he already pulled her up and then pushed her to the walls as he gripped the collar of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter