twenty five.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung walked out of his room slash workplace after trying to dig up informations about Jae Eun's family. Staring at the computer screen for hours made his eyes tired and that's why he stopped what he was doing for a few moments. Hacking into so many accounts that were related to Jae Eun and her parents also drained his energy a lot. He needed rest.

He found Jungkook and Ji Hee were sleeping silently on the livingroom but he didn't find Jimin anywhere. It was near lunch time and why were those people still asleep?

He then walked to the guest room with the intention of meeting Jae Eun. He didn't get the chance to ask her what she got from Mr. Wen the day before and he's going to ask her now.

But when he entered the room, what he saw got him rolling his eyes. He then looked outside where Jungkook and Ji Hee were then to Jimin and Jae Eun who were snuggling onto each other then to Jungkook and back to Jimin before he stared at himself in the mirror asking himself why was he the only one with no one in his arms.

That's sad.

Finally, because he felt his stomach started rumbling, he went to the kitchen, took two frying pans and stood up in the middle of the room.

A smirk formed on his lips as he tightened the grip on the frying pans on his hands. With no hesitation Taehyung started making loud noises from the frying pans by hitting them together. And of course he also shouted something only he knew what.

Ji Hee fell from Jungkook's lap to the ground and Jungkook almost stood up from his seat which also was one of the reasons why Ji Hee fell to the floor.

Jimin and Jae Eun jolted and woke up but both of them were still hugging each other. Jimin groaned in annoyance while Jae Eun was still processing of what's happening. 

Jimin turned his body so he was now staring at the ceiling. Taehyung's voice was still heard and getting even more annoying than before. Jimin sighed and groaned again while Jae Eun started stretching her body but still with eyes closed and Jimin could hear her grumbling something incoherent and he could tell that she felt uncomfortable with the sounds Taehyung was making.

That's why he turned his body again then hugged her as he covered her ears with his hand.

"Hyung! Stop!" Jungkook yelled at Taehyung followed by Ji Hee who got mad about the loud sounds he was making. But Taehyung didn't care and kept on making the noises, he even laughed at how annoyed Jungkook was.

Suddenly the door to the guest room went opened and Jungkook entered the room. He was surprised when he saw Jimin was hugging Jae Eun but then he laughed.

"Oooooohhhhh, so there you are, hyung!" he spoke loudly.

"Kookie, please, we just slept for a few hours now," Jimin tried not to be loud but then Ji Hee and Taehyung entered the room and were as shocked as Jungkook when they saw Jimin's position on the bed. Ji Hee was shocked because there was actually someone snuggling Jae Eun, a very rare thing to happen of course, while Taehyung was shocked because no matter how loud he was, Jimin and Jae Eun remained on their first position.

"Wakey wakey, we're having lunch, come on," Taehyung pulled Jimin away from Jae Eun which finally woke her up fully and she was confused why was everyone in the room. Her confused face made Ji Hee chuckle a bit before she told her to really wake up because Taehyung won't stop making noises until they're all ready.

***

"You know that was not necessary, Tae," Jimin protested when they were all walking on the side of the city on their way to find lunch. Taehyung had his arm around Jimin's shoulders and he was laughing.

"You are just mad because we encountered you cuddling with Jae Eun," Jungkook who was annoyed by Taehyung at first now turned to be on his side.

"We're not cuddling! We were just sleeping," Jimin clarified.

"I did it because you all left me alone," Taehyung spoke truthfully, "you both got a girl and I was left alone with my laptop," he added and their conversation actually got onto the girls' ears.

"Nobody got a girl just for your information," Ji Hee spoke followed by Jae Eun's laugh.

"I thought your laptop is your girl, oppa?" Jae Eun joked and Taehyung just gave her an 'are you serious?' look. Jae Eun just shrugged and laughed at him.

They all then got into a restaurant and took a seat on an empty table. They chose to take a seat far from the restaurant's window, keeping themselves hidden from anyone that knew them.

"So Jae Eun, what did Mr. Wen gave you?" Taehyung asked when they got their drinks.

"A box. Locked. I don't know where the key is though," Jae Eun slurped her drink. It was pretty disappointing knowing that she didn't have the key to the box. 

"Are you sure you don't have the key?" Jungkook was the one who spoke up now. Jae Eun nodded. She didn't remember any keys for all her life. "I think I can help you with that," Jungkook continued. Yes, Jimin told Jae Eun that Jungkook could duplicate keys and anything, but she didn't even have a key to duplicate. 

"You think?" Taehyung added.

"Hey, I'm just trying to help," Jungkook threw his hands up. 

"Well, I hope you can really help, Kookie," Taehyung ruffled the youngest's hair and laughed.

"I gave so much for this team and you said that. It hurts my soft little heart," Jungkook put his hand on his chest pretended to feel hurt.

"You're being mushy," Ji Hee commented.

The rest laughed except for Jimin who's not really into the conversation. The flashback he got the day before crept into his mind again. Yes, he was there. He met Jae Eun's parents before.

And yes, he knew what happened to them.

"What if there were clues to get to the key?" Ji Hee's words caught Jimin's attention. 

Clues? What did she mean by that?

"You know like, from the things you got from your parents before you got the box from Mr. Wen, probably you'll find a key there," Ji Hee assumed.

"No, there's no key," Jimin turned to Jae Eun who's furrowing her eyebrows.

"Jae Eun, I mean maybe you could find some clues that could lead you to the key. Get it?" Ji Hee said again and more slowly like she was trying to make Jae Eun's slow witted mind work.

"Oohhh! Wait, you think so? I mean, did my parents really do clues?" Jae Eun looked at all of them and their answer was 'maybe'.

"So where's this things you got from your parents before you got the box from Mr. Wen probably be?" Taehyung literally repeated what Ji Hee called the things before.

"Back at my flat," Jae Eun replied and Jimin jolted.

Everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter