twenty nine.

Runaway (Mafia!au) || p.jm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Mingyu left for work again and because Jae Eun had literally nothing to do in his flat, she chose to just take a walk alone. Of course she wore something that could hide her face and actually her whole appearance. Jimin's jacket to be exact because she left hers in his car.

She was thinking that maybe if she walk around the city alone, she could just forget about everything that was happening in her life for awhile. Everything gave her headaches and she just wanted to let it go for awhile.

She didn't touch the box nor the cardboard after she arrived at Mingyu's place thinking maybe she could just postpone the bad things for awhile. But the thought of Mr. and Mrs. Wen were being held as hostages made her think twice if it was a good idea or not. Well she still couldn't open the box though. She once thought to just break the box but she was afraid she will destroy something important inside it.

She was now sitting inside a bus and because it was nearly afternoon, the bus wasn't really crowded with people.

Having mafias in her life made her see the world differently. She began thinking that everybody could probably be mafias or anything that's equally scary as mafias.

She looked around the bus and saw a man reading a newspaper, he could be a mafia.

Then she saw a sleeping teenager at the backseat, he's probably an assassin.

An old woman far in front of her with fruits in her paper bag, she's probably on a mission to abduct someone.

She sighed. Now she's being dramatic. Though still she won't know the murderer walking beside her right?

She got off the bus when she was a bit far from Gangnam-gu. She was now at a place where she used to spend her childhood and where her parents were buried. She was planning on visiting her parents later but now, she entered an old looking book store. Walking in and trying to find something interesting to read since that she didn't have her phone with her.

When she finally got a novel, she went to the cashier and bought it before she left the store and entered an ice cream parlor near the bookstore.

The place was cozy with flowers on the windows and pastel colored walls. She bought an ice cream then took a seat near the glass window. The sky was bright and it was windy that time which helped her so much with her disguise because she could wear thick outfit that covered her body almost completely without feeling hot.

She opened her book and began reading. At least the book distracted her for a bit. But after almost an hour reading and her ice cream cup was already empty, she just held the book but didn't read the words on the opened page. 

She remembered what happened last night after she told everything to Mingyu. About her stealing Jimin's wallet which he wasn't so surprised about because he knew she loved to steal; about Jimin and everyone including his friend, Jungkook, were mafias; about EXO; and everything until the story behind the box she carried to his place. Mingyu heard every words she said and he did no interruption.

But right after she finished, what Mingyu said kept on repeating in her head, "why didn't you try to listen to his explanation? I'm sure he has good explanation about everything. Besides, don't tell me you believed what Suho said just like that. Why would you believe someone who's trying to kill you in the first place?"

He probably didn't understand the situation or she's just too heartbroken about what Suho told her. But somehow some part of her really wanted to know if there's really a good explanation from Jimin. But, the fact that he killed her parents.........made her scared.

Of course, she also couldn't deny that she couldn't stop thinking about the boy no matter how much he gave her chills just by thinking about his face.

How come such a dreamy face could have such personality like a beast? Killing people and do awful things. But then there he was these past few days trying to protect her and letting himself got beaten up. Why was he like that?

"Gosh, Park Jimin, you messed up my head," Jae Eun put her forehead on the book.

She knew they would still be looking for her because of Ji Hee but she knew they won't get to the city she was in now. Well she hoped Taehyung didn't look for the cemetery her parents were at though.

Thinking of her parents, she finally shoved her novel inside her bag then went out to go to the cemetery but before that, she bought flowers for them. The cemetery wasn't that far, only took 10 minutes until she arrived there. She remembered exactly the way to her parents but before she get to the place, she stopped her track.

A tall guy was there. Standing and looking down at her parents' tombstones. 

Who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter