Chapter VIII

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As it has been three days since she started to work and it has been three days since she is hiding it from her aunt, today she was on her way back to the house thinking that the first thing she will do is tell her aunt and Donghae she found a job by herself. When she was hiding that she had a job, she used to change her uniform to usual clothes so Sandara won’t know anything but, it was something so silly to keep doing. She thinks that maybe they won’t get mad at her because first they doesn’t have to, it’s unnecessary; second Donghae got her back when it comes to find a job and third she is a grownup 20 year old who can make her decisions. It’s not like she is taking drugs or something she should be afraid about.

 

She opened the door and heard the couple talking on the kitchen. Both of them got early today or she arrived too late. She walked slowly to the kitchen and both of them were chatting on the table, both with a cup of coffee and smiling. They look in a pretty good mood. Sandara noticed her eyes and turned around, the smile still intact… few, they are in a good mood after all. She walked and placed the bag on top of the table after greeting.

 

“How was your day?” Sandara asked. “That’s a pretty outfit” She commented.

 

“Ah…” Roseanne hesitates. “It’s actually a uniform”

 

She frowned. “A uniform?”

 

“I found a job” She wasn’t willing to say since when though.

 

Sandara’s lips moved into a line. She didn’t look angry though. “Where?”

 

“As a waitress. In a restaurant on downtown”

 

“And how is it?” Donghae asked. He has this characteristic and paternal smile on his face.

 

“Awesome! Big tips, nice people, nice co-workers, nice pay. I like it” She said.

 

Sandara had a face of tragedy. She, again, wasn’t angry but more like worry. “I don’t know how I will say this to your mom”

 

“You don’t have to” Donghae pointed. “I mean… let Roseanne tell her”

 

“Will you be strong?”

 

“Like John Cena” Roseanne answered.

 

Sandara sighted. “Oh well… what the hell… She is far from here anyway”

 

“Thank Heavens!” Donghae looked at the sky with his arms wide open and Roseanne hugged her tightly. 

 

“But please, tell her I was highly against it, ok?” Sandara said under her niece’s hold.

 

“Ok!!!” Roseanne gave her a few little kisses on her head.

 

The three were immerse on that moment until the door opened in one go, crashing against the wall with a horrific sound. They looked at the door and Donghae stood up ready to fight if someone suddenly broke in but he saw Yoongi. The light of the living room was on so the three of them could see his face full of bruises and blood.

 

“What the hell?” Sandara ran towards Yoongi and the first thing she did was grabbing his face to observe the wounds. “What happened to you Min Yoongi?!”

 

“What happened, Yoongi?” Donghae asked behind her.

 

“Don’t touch!” He moved his head quickly and Sandara’s hands weren’t touching him anymore. “Nothing important” He walked up the stairs and Donghae grabbed him by his arm.

 

“I handle a lot of your already” Donghae’s voice went from tender and gentle to scare and savage in a second. He slowly reached Yoongi’s eyes. “Tell me what happened now”

 

Dude, this was the first time in her short stay that Roseanne has seen Donghae with such a look.

 

Yoongi walked down a few steps to be in the same height as Donghae. “Nothing important, I swear”

 

Well… at least he respects Donghae.

 

“Tell me” Donghae said checking his wounds. “Someone punched you hard. It’s not something to rest importance. What happened?”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “A guy was harassing a girl so I -” He made a pain expression and a slight growl when Donghae grabbed his chin.

 

“Go to your room” Donghae said letting Yoongi go. “I’ll be there to cure those wounds”

 

Yoongi stayed in silence and nodded. He wasn’t so rude and arrogant like he is with Sandara and Roseanne. Donghae must be like that parental image he really respects. He went to his room and closed the door. Donghae turned around to see the girls hugging each other and watching him with an odd expression.

 

He smiles. The tender Donghae is back. “What?”

 

“That was awesome” It was the only thing Roseanne said.

 

Donghae smiled and went upstairs to accomplish what he told Yoongi. He looked for the aid’s kit and went to Yoongi’s room.

 

Sandara and Roseanne stayed on the kitchen downstairs. She served the dinner for her niece and she sat with her.

 

“He’s not with Donghae like he is with us” She commented.

 

“Yeah, I know… but I’m happy about that” She waved her hands and shakes her head. “But let’s forget that. Tell me, what did they ask you on the interview? Usually those restaurants want people with experience”

 

“Yeah, I used to work as a waitress in a party organization. It was an easy job with quick money. I can’t say I am a professional but… I did a great job today” Roseanne answered, chowing her sandwich.

 

“I’m so glad. Big tips?”

 

“Very! To be a modest and little place, there are a lot of people who goes there”

 

“How will you tell this to your mom?”

 

“As I am telling it to you” She said. “Mom I got a job. And then the conversation will develop for itself.” Roseanne made a pause and continued. “Or I’ll send her an email… one of two”

 

Sandara laughed hard. “You’re scare too”

 

“Just a little bit”

 

“When she was your age, she also found a job in a restaurant but as the head chef” Sandara started to say. “I don’t know how we got so interested in food… like, dad was a veterinarian and mom was a reporter, where does food have space between animals and news?”

 

Roseanne giggled.

 

“I never got the chance to ask you but what is she doing in Australia?”

 

“She was also the head chef of a restaurant aunt,” She answered. “But… I don’ really know what happened, she just lost her job one day”

 

“She didn’t told you girls why?”

 

“No, because she didn’t know” Roseanne shook her head to the sides. “They called her one day and fired her. Next day the restaurant was closed, more than 20 employees stayed jobless, including mom” She sighted. “Some say they had a big debt with the bank and they ran away with the money, others say they have connections with mafias. We didn’t know what to believe”

 

Sandara caressed her shoulder.

 

“At least I know she’s fine. Alice wrote me the other day saying that it’s a bit hard but they’re ok”

 

“Oh baby, everything will be fine” Her aunt said. “By the way, what is Alice doing?”

 

“She’s a music teacher. Wow, aunt, you’re really need to have a long conversation with mom” She laughed.

 

“I know. I should call her soon now that she is in the apartment all the time. Before she didn’t have time to even answer me the emails”

 

“Call her. I think speaking with her sister would make her feel better”

 

The girls chatted until they felt people coming close and saw Yoongi walking with Donghae to the kitchen. Sandara stood up.

 

“How you feeling?” She asked Yoongi as she walked to him and grabbed him by his shoulders.

 

“Fine” He answered blankly. “I’m a bit hungry, though”

 

“You want a sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter