Chapter VI

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The application test is getting closer and Roseanne was ready to face it. Although she knows she will do well and she will do her best to have great grades she still feels she can do so much more. Helping her mom is something so important for her that she will get the first job she sees. Donghae made a deal with her about that but she can’t wait any longer, she knows he will be ok with her finding a job on her own; the one who won’t be happy is Sandara.

 

But she has 20 years old, she is a grownup woman and she can do what she feels is best for her.

 

She was walking the crowded streets of the busy Seoul when she saw a little restaurant with the sign “Part-timer needed”. She felt her eyes shined at the mere sight of that little piece of carton glued to a glass door. Roseanne slid the door a bit to enter. She found the restaurant to be little, cute and sophisticated. There were a few people having drinks and getting dinner, others were taking coffee and others were reading. It was those kind of chilling place where you can just have a good time by yourself. 

 

She glanced a girl cleaning a few glasses with a towel. She got close to her slowly.

 

“Hello?” She said and when the girl made eye contact with her, she bowed.

 

“Hi” She simply said.

 

“I saw the sign outside. My name is Roseanne Park. I would like to have the job” She honestly said.

 

People often say that being honest is a very good first impression.

 

“We just put that out there” She giggles. “You’re fast”

 

“Yeah, I’m a bit desperate”

 

The girl on the other side of the counter smiled. “Come. I’ll take you with the manager”

 

Roseanne followed her behind the counter and through a little door. She walked close to the girl, following her steps and checking the place out.

 

“My name is Lisa” She said, turning around to see Roseanne. “I think we both aren’t Korean, am I right?”

 

“Yes, you are” She answered.

 

“Your accent is funny” They both said in unison which made them smile and laugh softly. Then, Lisa placed her index finger on her lips. “I think the manager is having an interview”

 

“So I wasn’t that fast!” Roseanne whined.

 

“Maybe Baekhyun got this one” She said, taking a few steps back. “Let’s wait for a moment”

 

“Where are you from?” Roseanne asked, the accent of the girl sounds exactly like hers, funny and weird.

 

“Thailand” She answered. “What about you? And may I say I love your hair color?”

 

Roseanne grabbed a few strings falling on her shoulder. “Ah, thanks. It was black at the beginning. I change it because I was boring” She said and both laughed. “I’m from Australia. And to be honest I want to visit Thailand someday”

 

“I want to go to Australia as well” Lisa said. “I think we have a house in each country, huh?”

 

“Oh, yeah, right” She answered. “Are you studying?”

 

Lisa nodded and then made a face. “Well… I’m studying for the application test in the SNU”

 

Roseanne eyes wide open. “Me too” She said, putting her hand on her chest. “On what career?”

 

“Design?”

 

That made her very surprise at the point slowly opened. “Me too! Are you me by any chance?”

 

The girl laughed again. “I don’t know, are you me?”

 

“The only thing that’s left is that you like to sing or dance”

 

“I do!” She answers. “Although I’m a bit shy to do it”

 

“We can overcome the shyness together, I can help you”

 

“You’re not shy?”

 

“I used to sing in the church of my school back in Australia”

 

“I would scream and pass out”

 

“I was about to, if I can be honest but I just shook it off, close my eyes and BOM, the voice went out”

 

“That’s actually pretty amazing” She said and looked at her hands. “I’ll do that only if you promise to help me. It would be such a good experience”

 

Roseanne nodded. “That uniform is pretty; you have to use it all the time?”

 

Lisa looked at her clothes and fixed some wrinkles on the short/skirt she was wearing. “Thanks! I picked up myself. Chanyeol wasn’t that convince but I thought it looked cute” She took Roseanne by her arm softly and guide her to the door again. She pointed at a guy who was attending the costumers. “I am behind Baek’s uniform too. Don’t you think it’s pretty?”

 

The guy’s uniform was a turtle neck sweater with the sleeves bent to the elbows, pants, all in black and a white apron.

 

“And looks so classy too” Roseanne said as they went back to wait outside the office.

 

“I know, right?” Lisa smiled. “Guys should trust more on the girl’s style. Baek was agreed just like that” She made a snap with her fingers. “But Chanyeol putted so many buts. It was annoying”

 

“Now, I don’t want the job out of need but out of ego. I want to use those pretty uniforms” Roseanne got close to Lisa so she could touch the fabric.

 

“You know, I want you to have the job too. I don’t know why but all the girls that Chanyeol hires are so stupid… they feel like the last bottle of water on the desert” She rolled her eyes. “They are unbearable” Then she looked at her with a smile. “So you are the first one I have a conversation with”

 

They laughed again until they heard the sound of the door opening and a guy coming out of the office. They both bowed and Lisa made Roseanne a sign for her to stay where she was while she talked to the manager. Then, a few minutes later, she came out and let her in. The guy was sited behind a desk, writing something on what it looked it like an agenda. Lisa pushes a chair back for Roseanne to seat  t and then the guy and her made eye contact.

 

“Oh, Lisa you can go” The guy said.

 

“Sure” Lisa said but before going out she turned around to see Roseanne and mumble the words “Good luck!” with both thumps up.

 

Roseanne smiled and she was lost behind the door.

 

“You know how to make friends. That’s a good start” The guy joked.

 

She started to get a bit shy and nervous. “I don’t know how that happens, really”

 

He laughed, hiding his teeth behind his hand. “What’s your name?”

 

“Roseanne Park”

 

“My name is Chanyeol” They shake hands. “Did you bring any resume?”

 

“Yes” She nodded, looked inside her bag for the folder and took out her resume. “My last job was on Australia. I was a librarian”

 

“Do you have any experience in waitressing?”

 

“Well…” She lifted one of her shoulders. “Before being a librarian, I used to be a waitress in a party organization. Is that enough?”

 

“Yeah, it’s good.” He said, still reading the paper she brought with her. “Why are you looking for a part-time job?”

 

“I want to help my mom. She still back in Australia and I want to help her to get through the taught moments we’re living”

 

“What about if you start the university, would you be available to keep the job?”

 

“Totally. I am planning to let all the signatures for morning hours so I can have the afternoon free”

 

“You really know how to bake?” The guy looked up at her after reading.

 

She smiled a little shy. “Yeah. That was an extra”

 

Chanyeol let out a soft smiled. “Well, let me explain you about the job here.” He said, letting the paper inside a folder. “It’s just a simple and easy job. You’ll be a waitress; your schedule would be from 2P.M. to 8P.M. We have a uniform; it’s like the one Lisa is wearing”

 

“It’s kind of cute” She said.

 

“I know, she picked it up” He whispered and then smiled. “Would you wait for our call?”

 

“Sure” Roseanne smiled.

 

“Great” He smiled and stood up while stretching his hands to her and she took it. He opened the door for her and walked her out of the office.

 

Lisa smiled and walked towards them.

 

“Did you hire her?” Lisa asked, clapping both hands.

 

“You know the boss told me to wait at least 24h after take the sing out” He said, putting his hands on his too pockets.

 

“He almost never comes!” She yelled softly, enough for him to hear her though. “We’re three. We need another”

 

“Lisa, those are the rules”

 

“What rules?” They heard a voice coming from behind Lisa and it was a guy. “We almost never follow rules”

 

Lisa looked at the guy and then Chanyeol with an expression.

 

“What?” He lifted both shoulders.

 

“Baekhyun is right. We never follow rules. Hire her now!!” Lisa held his before arm and shook it softly.

 

She looked like a baby.

 

“Guys, it’s ok” Roseanne said feeling a bit guilty.

 

“No, hire her now” Baekhyun said after making eye contact with her. “She’s pretty, her accent is funny, that would attract people”

 

“Excuse me?” She said but Baekhyun waved his hand.

 

“I got this” He said. “Leaving that aside. We need a fourth member”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter