Chapter XXVII

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Roseanne felt comfortable, she felt something warm and soft under her body and a blanket wrapped around her waist, covering her legs. She slowly opened her eyes that felt a bit heavy but will it to see where she was.

 

She looked at a white ceiling, it was a clean white room; at her right were two couches with a wooden table in the middle and a big bouquet of flowers with balloons that reads “GET REST AND STAY HEALTHY”; “WE LOVE YOU, STAY HEALTHY”; “WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH”. She smiled, those balloons has to be from her friends.

 

She noticed her bag that was in one of the couches, her favorite sweater was coming out, so that means it her clothes.

 

At her left was the heart monitor, this machine was checking her pulse while the oximeter was attached to her finger, checking the amount of oxygen in her blood.

 

She has never liked to be attached to these kinds of machines because the – bip bip bip – sound is so annoying.

 

But that was kind of relieve for her because she knew she was in a hospital.

 

Alive and safe.

 

The windows were covered with persians blinds so she couldn’t see if it was day or if it was night.

 

She is incredibly happy and feels good but at the same time her head hurts so much.

 

The day was so stressful and sad, she doesn’t remember when was the last time she cried so much like today. She knows she was sad and scared for the situations with the criminals but her heart is broken into pieces for what she found out about Yoongi. So selfish of him not telling her the real reason why he didn’t wanted her to work in that place… maybe because he was afraid that she might report it to the police? If he would have told her, he would have lost her principal source of drugs?

 

How can she erase this day? 

 

She was crying already, but she felt silly, she didn’t want to cry for such a thing again, because come on, it's over. She tried to dry her tears and saw her wrists wrapped in bandages.

 

Those people hurt her way more than Sora.

 

Roseanne tried to sit in the bed but she felt a horrible pain in her left side. She took her blanket off, lifted her hospital gown and saw more bandages wrapped around her tiny waist, there was a small bloodstain but it was so small that she didn’t alarmed.

 

With her strength she stretched her body and pressed the bottom to call for a nurse.

 

Seconds later, a nurse walked inside with Sandara right behind her.

 

“Oh, I see you’re up already!” The nurse said as she walked up to her.

 

Sandara ran towards where she was and grabbed her hand. “How you feeling?”

 

Roseanne watched what the nurse was doing but then looked at Sandara. “I’m ok”

 

“I advise you to not move so much or the stiches might broke”

 

“Stitches?” She asked.

 

“Yes” The nurse said, “I let your aunt tell you, did the doctor explain the steps to cure the wound?” She asked glaring at Sandara.

 

“Yes, he explained me everything” Sandara answered.

 

“Ok, everything looks normal here. I’ll let you guys alone” The nurse walked to the door. “Call me if you need anything” And she walked outside after bowing.

 

Sandara tighten her hold on Roseanne’s hand. “This day was a total disaster, huh?”

 

She nodded slowly. “What happened?”

 

It was a bit hard for Sandara to tell her what really happen, because it was hard for herself to even hear it. “I don’t know how to tell you this baby”

 

Roseanne said while holding Sandara’s other hand. “Please aunt…”

 

She sighed. Here we go. “Ok…. Uh… there were two gun shots, one gun shot hit you on your left side and even though it didn’t touch any important organ, you’re thin and it ripped some blood tissues apart, you past out from the shock. The other bullet hit Baekhyun in the arm; he’s been attend for his wounds here and he is been guarding by police too” She explained. “That’s what happened honey”

 

“Where is Lisa?” She asked. “Where are those people?”

 

“Lisa is talking with the police in the cafeteria; two of them were caught and the other run away, police says he crossed the border… it’s no longer our country’s responsibility”

 

It’s the first time these kinds of things are related to her. 

 

She rested her back on the bed head.

 

“There is a police officer who wants to talk to you, he is waiting outside and told me to let him know when you woke up… you want to talk to him?”

 

Roseanne nodded.

 

Sandara walked outside and seconds later a well-dressed man walked inside.

 

He bowed to her while showing her his badge.

 

“I see you’re ok” He said, taking a seat on one of the couches. “How are you doing?”

 

“I’m fine” She answered with a smile; both her hands resting in her lap.

 

“Miss Roseanne, I want you to tell me everything… or at least, what you remember”

 

Again? Seriously, people want her to remember everything again? All that horrible experience? She took all her braveness and started to tell each single thing she remembers, which was everything until the two gun shots were heard.

 

She saw how the police officer was paying attention to her and asking her more detailed questions and she answered him more detailed as well. She was doing her best so he could know what really happen and if something of what she is saying is putting those people in jail, for her it would be great.

 

She can’t see herself in a situation like that anymore, it’s so traumatized. She knows there are good people on earth but she is scared of going out and find bad people of this level.

 

“They- they” Roseanne was sobbing. “They told Baekhyun they would take me with them to Japan if he...”

 

The officer placed his hands on top of Roseanne’s. “Let’s leave this conversation until here… ok?”

 

She nodded while drying her tears.

 

“I know you are will it to talk to me again if I ask, so let's take a break and I'll talk to you later, agree?”

 

She didn’t said anything, only nodded.

 

The old man gave a little sign to Sandara, thanking her and he walked out of the room.

 

Sandara wrapped her arms around Roseanne and hugged her tight. She felt how Roseanne rested her head on her arms.

 

“My mom knows?”

 

Sandara nodded. “She will arrive tomorrow”

 

“If she yells at you for letting me work, I’ll be right by your side”

 

Sandara smiled. “Oh please do that”

 

Someone knocked the door and peeked the head inside; it was a blonde head, Roseanne recognized her from where she was.

 

“Lisa!”

 

Lisa stormed inside to hug her so tight that she couldn’t even breathe. Roseanne flinched from the pain but what the hell, it was Lisa. She felt how she started to sob then she stepped back, holding both of her hands. “I was so scared!”

 

Roseanne let go one of her hands to dry her tears. “I’m ok… please don’t cry, you’ll make me cry”

 

She nodded. “Are you ok? Are you feeling pain? I can take care of you if you want”

 

“Lisa… I’m ok, you don’t have to do such a thing, I’ll be fine”

 

Sandara knows she has to give them some time together. “I’ll bring you something to eat, ok? Lisa did you eat already?”

 

“Yes unnie, I’m fine, thanks”

 

Sandara left the room.

 

“I want you to know everything I heard from the police. The one with the long hair, which one was that?”

 

Roseanne looked at the ceiling and then looked at her. “That was Yamada, I think”

 

“He crossed the border to North Korea… it’s no longer the country’s problem, they are going to make diplomatic reunions with the North so they can catch them but they don't know how that will turn out. They are all Yakuza so Japan will be there as well” Lisa made a scared expression. “Hiro and the other one are in jail, they are discussing their extradition but there are rumors that they have been having corrupt relationship with some politics in Japan so Seoul Police Station doesn’t want to send them back because they can be free any time”

 

“How did you heard that?”

 

“Yoongi and I sneaked into a room where they were talking a while ago” She said.

 

“And Baek? And Chanyeol?”

 

Lisa lowered her head. “They are going to jail, Rosie” She said, her voice cracked of sadness. “One of the gunshots hit Baek on the arm, he is been treated her but they are going to take them any time soon, just as Chanyeol”

 

Roseanne covered her face with both hands. She can’t believe this and is somewhat sad, they were her friends after all and even if they were such a person they still treated her so well and accepted her.

 

They shared moments together, so the feeling is half sad and half shock.

 

“We lost our jobs and the boss will close the restaurant for a while”

 

“I saw that coming”

 

They were playing with her hands in silence.

 

“When I heard those gunshots, I thought I lost you” Lisa said. “I felt so scared”

 

Roseanne was smiling and crying, all at the same time. “Aw, Lisa” And she hugged her tight as well.

 

FRIENDSHIP GOALS.

 

“Ten sent you the pink one” She commented, she still inside Roseanne’s embrance.

 

“That’s the one I like the most”

 

Someone knocked the door again.

 

Jungkook stepped inside as he heard them talking. 

 

“Hi…” He said, his face has a sad expression but the smile showed as soon as he saw her. “How you feeling?”

 

“I feel good” She answered.

 

“What about you Lisa?”

 

“I’m ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter