Chapter I

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She was looking inside her closet to see if she packed everything she needed. She checked the drawer and the shoes shelf to see that everything was ok. She closed the suitcase and take it down off her bed and rolls it to outside of her room. She looked her bedroom for the last time and turned the light off.

 

She was going to South Korea.

 

Her family was going through a tough economic situation and her mother decided she should go to her sister’s house for a while or until the nightmare gets over. To be honest, she is sending her away because she doesn’t want her to see her struggling and doesn’t want her to live this situation at all. She wanted to give her an absolutely great life but she can't provide that, at least right now.

 

Her sister, Alice, who was older enough, stayed with her and also helped her to decided the right thing for Roseanne which was sending her to Korea.

 

Her aunt accepted gladly the proposed and after a week Roseanne found herself packing her bags.

 

She was taking out the positive things of this trip which was meeting and connecting with her Korean side but the sad part of all this is leaving her mother and sister alone, it’s not something she is glad about, but her mom assured her that it was going to be for a short period and she was going to be back soon.

 

They went to the airport and talked of different themes but the situation, just to see this like a vacation Roseanne was going to take. She can’t take her mother crying and she knew that talking about it will make her do it.

 

The flight was announced after an hour and they stayed in silence only looking at each other.

 

“I guess that’s it” Alice broke the silence as Roseanne hugs her by her waist. She took her both cheeks and makes her looking into her eyes. “Please beehive and help aunt Sandara a lot, ok?” 

 

She hugged Roseanne tight on her arms and she avoided crying for the sake of her mom, who then, took her on an embrace as well. “I promise you” She said. “We will see each other again, ok?”Roseanne nodded as her mom used her thump to wipe the tears that were falling on her cheeks. “Please don’t cry baby, everything will be ok”

 

“I told you I can work… this is unnecessary” She said between pants.

 

“Roseanne” She heard her sister talking in a serious tone. “We already talk about this”

 

She rolled her eyes and hugged her mom again before taking her bag and running to the gate. The last call was announced and she had to go quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

South Korea is such a funny and fun place. It was full of skyscrapers, not that different from Australia but the characters is what make it really difficult to understand. She has been practicing Korean in home because that’s a tradition in Korean families when they are in foreign countries. They keep their essence and her mom kept hers. She can't fully say she understands everything but she can place herself, she is not stupid.

 

Her aunt told her that someone was going to look for her but she can’t see anyone holding a banner with her name as her aunt told her the person was going to be. She frowned and felt strange to the fact that other person that was not her own aunt was going to look for her in the airport. She sat on the waiting room and waited for two hours and no one appeared for her.

 

She got irritated and tired of waiting so much. She was getting anxious and very nervous. Yeah, she is not stupid but it’s her first time in this place. She saw the sky was getting darker by time and she decided to just walk to her aunt’s place. Her mom give her a little paper with the direction noted just in case this happened which her mom told her it was impossible a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter