Chapter IV

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It has been a week since Roseanne hasn’t saw Yoongi … a week since he hasn’t come home. Sandara and Donghae were not that worry as they assured her that he does that almost every time. He always disappears for long periods of times. She didn’t know why she asked that day but she did. Only curiosity, maybe.

 

But since he isn’t around a peace can be felt in the house. Like… there is no uncomfortable silence or awkward stares, just a normal coexistence between three people. She wanted to ask which was Yoongi's place in this tiny family but sometimes she thought that question was out of place and wasn’t her business after all. So she focused on studying and work hard for the application on the institute which was going to be soon.

 

It was one of those days when she was alone on the house and as she was studying for the test she felt a bit hungry. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen so she could prepare something to eat but she stopped when he saw the door of Yoongi’s bedroom half open. Did he came here without making a single noise? She walked to the door and her first intention was to fully close it but curiosity ran over her body to the point of making her shake. She opened the door to the dark room and as the light took ground she could see clothes spread onto the floor and a pile of clothes on the chair of his desk. Empty and crushed cans of beer and what looked like five or six bottles of whisky and rom hided under the bed. The ashtray was full and there were cigarettes butts on the night stand along with empty boxes of pizza and instant ramen. That place was a serious disaster. The smell was a combination of smoke, alcohol, dirty clothes, sweat and she couldn’t believe it but she thinks she saw a few used condoms and envelopes aside of the bed. She shook her head; this was seriously new for her. A room like this was not in her imagination. So this guy is rude, irritated and messy. The weird thing is that his bed is still perfectly made, so that means that if he came, he did not sleep here at all.

 

She got close to his desk and saw a little paper glued to the wall. It was a calendar and it had a mark with red lipstick in form of a heart on March 9 and it says “Bae bae’s Birthday” . The letter was not a manly one, more like a feminine one, maybe his girlfriend wrote that.

 

She wanted to get out there because seriously this smells horrible and she doesn’t want to spend more time here. She sneezes. It was a strong one. The smell give her allergic and it was understandable. When she turned around she saw a figure leaned to the frame of the door.

 

She jumped on her place and her heart started to crash against her chest so hard.

 

It was Donghae.

 

“I was just-”

 

Donghae smiled slightly. “Thankfully was me” He said, giving her a sign to get out of the room and she quickly did it. “You’re a bit curious, huh?” He closed the door behind his back.

 

“I’m sorry” It was the only thing Roseanne said with both cheeks burning in embarrassment.

 

“It’s ok; do you want something to eat?” Donghae said when he saw her so ashamed of herself, so ashamed that she didn’t even thought on asking him what was he doing so early in the house. She nodded. “Come”

 

They walked to the kitchen and Donghae prepare a few snacks and drink and placed them on the table. Roseanne was intertwining her fingers and it looked like something very interesting because she could not take her eyes off of her hands.

 

Donghae give a slight punch and she smiled. “Are you ok?” He asked.

 

“I am embarrassed” Roseanne looked at Donghae.

 

He laughed. “It’s ok Roseanne. I won’t tell him”

 

“Why is he like that?”

 

Donghae kept quiet for a few seconds, contemplating the piece of chip on his hand and his eyes slowly reached Roseanne.

“He is just difficult, Roseanne. He barely sleeps or spends time here, so I guess you won’t have to worry”

 

Roseanne nodded. “Can I take a few chips to my bedroom? I need to keep reading for my test”

 

Donghae nodded quickly. “Yeah” and stood up to look for another bowl and another bag of chips. He empties the bag and gives Roseanne a bottle with juice. “Enough?” He asked.

 

Roseanne nodded with a smile. “Thanks” and went upstairs.

 

Before going inside her room, she stopped to look at the door of his room. Roseanne was very curious, indeed. She remembers the date that was marked with the circle and realized it was next week but she doesn’t see Donghae or Sandara making something special for him. Maybe he doesn’t like it. Oh come on, Roseanne, that’s not your business at all. She went inside her room and closed the door.

 

 


 

 

 

Today is March 9 and she stood up feeling a bit anxious and sad. During breakfast with Donghae and Sandara , they didn’t mention not even a word about Yoongi’s birthday. It was weird because, a birthday is a special day for somebody. But she guess that maybe they haven’t said anything because he haven’t come home for a while now. Maybe he is celebrating his birthday with friends away from home or he travelled to another place with them... it’s confusing but well.

 

The test is in a week and she will break it. She was focused and she was studying hard for making it. That was the only thing on her head right now. She told Sandara she was going to clean the kitchen for her; that she should go to work chill. And she did, she gave Roseanne a kiss on her forehead and left the house with her husband. After cleaning the kitchen, she served herself a cup of coffee and went to her room... when suddenly she heard a car parking on the house. She saw through the window and Yoongi was coming down the driver seat of his jeep. He still wears the same outfit he was wearing the day she saw him for the last time.

 

She ran to closed the door and lock it from inside. She didn’t want to deal with him.

 

She heard him opening the door. Than heard him coming up the stairs, then the sound of his bedroom door opening and seconds later was closing. She let out a great among of air she was holding on her lungs and sat on the chair of her desk.

 

All the theory she had a few hours ago disappeared. He wasn’t celebrating his birthday with his friends or anything like that. God knows what he was doing but this day, he didn’t spend it with friends. She opened the door and closed it right away. He let a trail of a strong smell to alcohol and cigarettes one more time. He’s got a serious problem but she still feels bad; when she was a little girl, she remember her birthday was an important day for her and her mom, she remembered her sister used to do a great cake and decorated her room with balloons and pretty flowers, she used to feel so happy. It was her favorite day. And she felt sad that, he was going to spend it all alone in his messy room.

 

She got out and walked to the kitchen. She looked for cake ingredients and when she finally had them all, she started to make a cake. It wasn’t big or fancy but it was a very good gift, right? Besides she is a great at baking. She put a bit of melted chocolate on top when it was done and crashed some cookies.

 

She felt nervous and the first thing she thought when she was about to knock on the door was that he will totally ignored her and reject the cake.

 

But she was brave enough to knock the door.

 

He opened it. The smell still intact, he had one cigarette between his two fingers and his eyes were narrowed. “What do you want?” He asked.

 

“Ah-” She hesitated. Her hands were sweating and she had to her lower lip a few times to calm herself. “I made a cake… happy birthday” She said.

 

Dude, he stayed in silence for so many minutes that she felt her heart running out of her chest. It was horrible. Just take it or reject it but do it quickly. Her whole body was shaking and she blinked like thousands time in one second. His eyes scanning her from head to toe and stopped again on the little cake that smelled so good and that had a layer of chocolate and cookies on top.

 

“I don’t want it” And he closed the door, leaving her with the cake on her hands. 

 

She felt so embarrassed and angry at the same time, she started to hyperventilate out of the anger she was feeling. Ah, she shouldn’t have done this. She is so stupid. She didn’t even have to do it and for the stupid good part of her, she did and look how it turn out. Ah, so embarrassing, so angry, ah that makes her feel so many things, she wants to kill him in the act.

 

But before she could start to yell at him, she kept calm and closed her eyes to compose her messy insides.

 

“Well, more cake for me” She said while turning around to walk to her room. She closed the door and with a little spoon she also brought with her, she started to eat the cake by herself. She thought that forgetting that moment would be better than actually remember that horrible mess.

 

Her phone suddenly rang and she felt happy. She hopes that is someone to make her forget this whole thing.

 

“Hello?” She answered.

 

“Hey” She recognized Jiyong’s voice. “What are you doing? Are you busy?”

 

“Ah-” She was going to answer when she heard the door of a bedroom opening and closing. She looked outside the window and saw Yoongi dressed differently and with his hair wet, getting inside his car and leaving. “No, I’m not, why?” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter