Chapter XXXI

Save me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s winter in South Korea.

 

The weather is gray and cold, the citizens are wearing their most chic and cozy coats while comforting themselves with a hot chocolate or coffee in any restaurant, café or establishment they could find, because it was so cold that their breath was visible; the Christmas lights and decorations were present everywhere in the city: the trees, the lights, the snow men, the little stars and the big tree in the middle of Gangnam; watching this gives you so many Christmas vibes, much more than any other place.

 

But… it hasn’t snowed yet.

 

It’s funny because that’s what Roseanne is waiting the most, because even though Melbourne is the coldest city in Australia on winter, sadly, it doesn’t snow, so, now she was in a city where that is more than a possibility, she was more than excited to see little white balls falling from the sky.

 

But damn it.

 

It’s not going to happen any time soon or what?

 

“Rosie?”

 

She heard a female voice talking to her and she turned around, taking her eyes off the window.  “Yes Mrs. Lulu”

 

“I have to go and dinner with my future in laws and I’m late to pick up my mother so, in addition to what you already do, please do the inventory of the books that were lend, return and sell, ok?” Mrs. Lulu grabbed her purse from the table. “And as always please organize the books in their shelves, I hate see books from Z in the B shelf, it’s annoying”

 

Roseanne smiled. “Mrs. Lulu we always do that”

 

“I know, I know, I’m a little nervous, that’s all… and tell Lisa to-”

 

“Pick and wash the cups the costumers let on the living rooms, we know… everything will be ok, boss”

 

Mrs. Lulu smiled at her. “You guys are amazing. I’m leaving” and she crossed the door making a little bell to sound when she did that.

 

Lisa got close to Roseanne, who was in the counter, with a tray. “What was wrong with boss?”

 

“She is getting dinner with her in laws and is all nervous about it”

 

“Uh… right… her fiancé… have you seen her? She is so pretty!” Lisa commented as she placed a few cups on the washer machine.

 

“I know, they look so cute together”

 

Lisa turned around to face her and stayed in silence.

 

Roseanne noticed. “What?” She asked.

 

“I still don’t get used to your new hair color…”

 

She putted both hands in her head. “I- It’s looks weird?”

 

“No, no, it looks pretty; I swear… it’s just… I met you with a bronze color and it will be so hard for me to get used to your black color”

 

“It’s weird because I got used to your new hair color since you got it”

 

“It’s different, my change wasn’t that” She pointed at her. “Dramatic”

 

“I needed a change, you know that” She started to type some things on the computer.

 

“I know, we all needed it” Lisa commented. “Did boss freak out about books of the Z shelf in the B shelf?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“I’m on it” Lisa said and walked to where the library section of the store.

 

Both of our girls are working in a bookstore now.

 

At the beginning, it was an abandoned establishment that was used to be a restaurant but it closed after they moved to a bigger place, leaving this one empty and ownerless. American-Korean citizen named Lulu-Marie Park and her fiancée, Leah Gong, who was a writer, bought the building and started to re-style it as much as they could.

 

They separated the building into two sections: the entrance of the building was a gran glass door, that every time you opened to go inside, a little bell could announce your arrival.

 

A few steps away from the door there was the first section with little shelfs holding brand new international and national books in every language you could find; from Korean to Portuguese or from English to Russian.

 

The second section was in a deeper part of the building, and it was an indoor library, with 26 shelfs from A to Z but in this section you could sit in any of the five living rooms with couches and puffs while you drinking a hot chocolate, coffee, hot tea, cold tea and even cakes and cookies.

 

The counter was a cute and chic square made of pinewood. There was a cute silver coffee machine, a rectangular fridge and a washer machine placed in a hidden section of the counter. Cakes, cookies, little snacks and candies were placed in the table to the sight of everyone. There was also a little kitchen behind a door with an electronic oven and kitchen, another fridge, plates, cutlery, napkins, towels and shelfs full of ingredients for any drink or sweet the costumers order.

 

It also had wifi, two bathrooms, TV and relaxing music.

 

Mrs. Lulu turned out to be Park Bom’s dearest friend, so when Siwon knew about the lady looking for employees in her new bookstore, he recommended Donghae’s niece and at the same time Roseanne recommended Lisa as she also needed a job, and looks like Mrs. Lulu loved them both and gave them the job right away.

 

Usually Mrs. Lulu is on casher; Lisa makes the coffees and the drinks while Roseanne bakes once in a week, the rest of the week she worked as a waitress in the bookstore.

 

But today Mrs. Lulu was having a dinner with her in laws and her mother so for the rest of the day, Roseanne had to stay in the casher.

 

It was such a good time for her as she erased all the things that happened six months ago. This gave her the opportunity to focus on her job and her university, so the bad memories could be forgotten.

 

In this job she didn’t need a uniform; she only dressed pretty and putted on an apron with the bookstore name on it.

 

Roseanne and Lisa worked from 2PM to 9PM and weekends from 11AM to 4PM and, the majority of times Mrs. Lulu was in charge of taking them to their places and when she couldn’t, her fiancée used to do it.

 

The environment was pretty and chic, their bosses were nice and lovable, the place was cozy and had a nice vibe, the costumers were all such a good people and besides, for them, the books are free, so you can imagine Roseanne taking a book any time she wanted only for her own pleasure.

 

She is fine.

 

She was making a lot of efforts to be fine.

 

What happened after that day? That horrible day she went back to the park of the hospital to tell Yoongi she didn’t mean it and that she was will it to be with him despites him being a drug addict. What happened after she didn’t find it? Tears and sadness, that’s what happened. From the moment she saw that bench empty and couldn’t find him anywhere, she felt so bad, she felt like she killed him in some way. She thought the worst thing that her mind could imagine. Did he runaway to kill himself? Did she really push him to that kind of situation? She felt lost and felt so destroyed to only imagine what she has just done.

 

For Sandara and Donghae wasn’t a secret any more and more than being mad at them like they thought, they were sad the situation turned out to be this way. They knew Yoongi needed at least a little of inspiration for breaking free from his own jail and that was Roseanne. Not only because they felt it but because they saw it. Yoongi changed with them, the way he used to be, he changed in so many ways and even though they were little changes he still change somehow and all that thanks to this girl, but everything went to pieces after that horrible day and it’s so sad.

 

Donghae handed the phone to Roseanne after she came back to the room with his help.

 

After he told her what Yoongi told him to give her and what the password for the cellphone was, she cried again.

 

It’s her birthday date.

 

She didn’t know he did the same with his password. Actually she thought she was being too cheesy to put his birthday as the password but looks like she wasn’t the only one who thought about it.

 

She started to check the pictures; there were a lot of pictures of her: she being sleep, eating and even doing ugly faces; she can remember those express dates they used to have when they were alone in the house or far away from the city. Yoongi was also good on taking pictures of landscape, pictures of fields and camps, picture of the twilight, of the sun set; he was good on taking those. He also took some pictures of him while being boring, of his fingers, of his rings, of his cigarette and drinks, his meal and stuffs like that. She checked the videos and there was one where Namjoon and Hoseok were lighting fireworks and it was funny because Hoseok burned his fingers.

 

Hearing his laugh is something so heart breaking for her, she doesn’t know where he went.

 

She didn’t wanted to be a gossipy girl but she checked the messages as well.

 

Sora has been drunk-texting him but he totally ignored her.

 

UNKNOWN NUMBER

-Answer me now-

-it's sora-

-I miss u-

-i CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT u-

-PlAESE anwerme.-

 

Messages from Namjoon and Hoseok.

 

Rap Monster.

-Dude, where are you?-

 

Min Yoongi.

-In the hospital-

 

Rap Monster.

-I've been calling you and-

-Can we see her?-

-You know if she's mad at us?-

 

Min Yoongi.

-No man-

-I haven't talked to her-

 

Rap Monster.

-What you think we should do?-

-Yoongi?-

-Dude yo still there?-

-Dude wha the , where are you?-

 

J-Hope.

-DUDEEE PLEASE ANSWER US-

-Dude-

-Seriously-

-WHERE THE ARE YOU MIN YOONGI-

 

 

Oh God, her messages, she stopped watching them as soon as she opened the window, she wasn’t that strong.

 

The ring? She wears it all the time.

 

Because as she doesn’t know where he is and still wants to be with him and see him, she has to keep that close to her always, it’s the only thing he has from him apart of her memories.

 

She acts like she is fine, but she keeps remembering him, she keeps that feeling of loving him so much very deep inside her heart. It’s hard for her but she keeps it as before. Her feelings haven’t change which is crazy, she never thought of feeling this way for somebody.

 

And she has been having dates and moving on with her life. But nothing comes further after that; they stay in dates and friends. Lisa called her boring but how can she bring herself to do something she doesn’t want to do? Maybe someone will arrive and take Yoongi’s place but that someone hasn’t arrived yet so leave her alone.

 

The guys remind their friends but now, after what happened to her, they are really careful with their own circle of friends. They are slowly getting out of that life. Taehyung and Jimin that were so used to go to the apartment, started to simply not going even near that place, they started to grow up, to be free in some other ways, because this happened to Roseanne and it can happen to anybody else they love.

 

Taehyung started to freak out about Lisa, so that was one of the reasons he started to get away. Namjoon and Hoseok were out of that since a while and they took advantage of this to help their friends. Jungkook was never inside those things and he also helped a lot; besides he has a child to take care and he can’t have those kinds of friends around.

 

But rather then abandoned them, he helped them to became better.

 

Eunhwa turned out to be an amazing girl, she also went back to school as Junghwa was starting to be comfortable with his grandparents.

 

Jennie and Jisoo are now so united to Lisa and Roseanne, they spend a lot of time together which is great for Roseanne as she is will it to move on despite the strings of love that are holding her back.

 

Her mother, Mrs. Park and Alice, they did went to South Korea to visit her on those time, she didn’t yelled at Sandara for letting her daughter work but she understood Roseanne’s point of view when they talked about it. Alice helped her a lot too.

 

The things are going well in Melbourne but Mrs. Park told her to stay in Korea so she can end her career and start to work, here, in Melbourne, in USA, whatever she wanted, but finishing her career was the priority. 

 

She went back to Australia a week later.

 

These six months has been very chill and calm, even though her insides are just so sad and hurt, she keeps having a smile t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter