Legos (GRi, BaeRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Plotless Humour
Summary: Someone broke the maknae's legos.
AN: I don't think there is any point to this... just felt like writing something funny. The phrase "Leggo my Eggos" came to mind while writing this, and it seemed like an (obscure) summary of this one-shot as well. First time writing BaeRi.
 

Oh. My. God!” , came a faintly high-pitched screech from a certain maknae’s bedroom. YoungBae looked in the room’s direction for a split second before glancing in the living room. JiYong had his body cocooned in an old afghan, chuckling silently to himself while pretending to watch TV, pretending because the TV was off. YoungBae shook his head and wiped his hands on a dishtowel, waiting for the onslaught that was about to happen.

My legos! My legos! Who broke my legos?!” A flurry of arms and legs came whirling into the kitchen before a very hysterical panda-boy came crashing into his arms. Instantly, it felt like the shoulder which SeungRi was sobbing into was soaked through, a mixture of snot and tears. YoungBae groaned in relief that he was wearing one SeungHyun’s too-large sweaters (laundry day). He would blame it on the maknae.

“YoungBaeeeee,” SeungRi wailed, forgetting to add the necessary “hyung” at the end. YoungBae decided to not correct the maknae at the moment. “Somebody broke my space cruiser! I-hic-I worked so h-hic-ard on it!” SeungRi was pounding none too gently on his chest, so YoungBae rubbed his hands on the maknae’s back, trying to calm him, while trying not to enjoy the feeling of holding the boy in his arms.

He sneaked another glance at the living room; JiYong’s eyes were glaring at him while he hid behind the couch; his face flushed when he saw YoungBae looking at him before turning around in a huff and hiding in his blanket, the tips of his bright-red ears showing at the top. There was a slight smile on YoungBae’s face when he said, “Shh, SeungRi, it’s okay...”

Yah!” a surly rapper’s voice yelled from his bedroom door over the maknae’s incessant crying. “What’s with all the racket? SeungRi, what did you do?!” SeungHyun was half- from the waist up, it was clear what, or rather, whom he had been doing.

“TOP-hyuuung! Someone broke my legooooooos!” came a muffled sob against YoungBae’s shoulder.

“Oh. I saw JiYong go in your room.” TOP said matter-of-factly, ignoring JiYong’s enraged “Hyung!”. However, his eyes widened when he caught sight of YoungBae and SeungRi. “Yah... YoungBae... Is that my sweater?!” he shouted.

The hostel suddenly became very loud as it became filled with the shouts of four different people. SeungRi was shrieking at JiYong, who was screaming because SeungRi was chasing him over and under various pieces of furniture. Seunghyun was on the verge of bursting a vein from shouting alternately between YoungBae to SeungRi. YoungBae was, rather feebly, yelling at the now chaser JiYong and chasee SeungRi to stop trampling all over the hostel. DaeSung decided to make himself known by yelling from TOP’s bedroom, “Where’d you go, baby?!”

The shouting stopped quickly (except for TOP’s ranting in his bedroom) when JiYong tackled SeungRi down onto the living room floor, sitting comfortably on SeungRi’s hips, arms holding down SeungRi’s arms until the maknae realized that he wasn’t going anywhere, so he decided to stop flailing.

HYUNG!”  The maknae shouted, wiggling his hips, trying to get free, “GET OFF OF ME!

JiYong groaned on top of SeungRi before saying, “Only if you don’t stop doing that.”

“What?”

“I said, are you still mad about the Lego thing? It was an accident (it wasn’t).” SeungRi screwed up his face, about to freak out and have another -fit, so JiYong said hurriedly, “It was just a stupid toy!”

At this point, YoungBae realized that SeungRi was going to start crying again, and his eyes were bad enough; they had a photo shoot the next morning. So, as a good hyung, YoungBae decided to intercede on their conversation (JiYong’s [failed] attempt at flirting), “SeungRi, how about I just buy you a newer, better, and bigger set? Would that make you happy?” YoungBae knew he had done the right thing from the grin on SeungRi’s face.

“Hyung! Really? Cool! ‘Cuz there was this limited-edition box set that I saw at the toy store...” SeungRi prattled on about his toy, oblivious to the fact that JiYong was still sitting on him. JiYong was frowning, a frown that turned into a scowl when he saw YoungBae’s smirking face.

“Yah! Maknae! Shut up for a second,” JiYong said, lightly slapping SeungRi’s cheek. “You know what? I feel bad for breaking your building block thingy (he didn’t), so how ‘bout I make it up to you by helping you build the new one that YoungBae-hyung will buy for you!”

----

YoungBae muttered to himself angrily on the walk back from the toy store, trying to forget the girlish squeals and giggles that had filled the living room after JiYong had offered to help the maknae build his stupid Lego thing. Traitor, thought YoungBae furiously. Of course, this anger would disappear by the time he got home. It was too much work to get angry every time something like this happened.

Because it happened every single day.

Every. Single. Day.