Falling [Out] of Love (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

(Note: Chapter 26 is new, I changed it!)

Rating: NC-17 to be safe
Word Count: 767
Genre: Angst
Summary: When Jiyong falls out of love and Seungri can't help but watch.
AN: Based largely around another fic... I forget the name >.< I'm quite happy with this one, for once. I'll write some crack later okay? Once I'm out of this angsty mood! Sorry for the "all over the place"-ness of this fic!



I twist the loose band round and round my finger, my fingers catching on the minute engraving on its gold surface. I had never liked gold jewelry.

My eyes flicker up when you enter the room. You’re wearing new clothes; you’re going out. I watch you pocket the car keys and snap on your designer watch. My eyes follow you to the front door, and if you’d looked at me, maybe you’d have noticed the sadness in my eyes.

I sigh, my fingers continuing to twist the ring around my fourth finger. It’s only a matter of time now.

---

“What are we going to do, Ji?”

“About what?” you answer indifferently, fingers skimming across your collection of ties, choosing. I notice that
you’ve taken your ring off.

“You’re not in love with me anymore.” My voice catches on the word love. He doesn’t seem inclined to answer, but I wait.

“And?” you say, finally. Your hands expertly knot your tie around your collar. I don’t suppose you hear it when my heart breaks.

“But I’m in love with you,” I say pressingly.

You make a sound of annoyance and turn to look at me. “Look, Ri, I don’t know what you want me to do, okay? You don’t want a divorce, I’m guessing.”

Divorce. Horror fills me at the very thought and I’m even more terrified that you’re actually considering it.

“No,” I whisper.

You sigh and look at me, is that pity in your eyes? “Well then, I don’t know.” You turn and shuffle out the walk-in closet.

“I’m working late tonight,” you call over your shoulders. You know that we can both hear the lies in your voice.

---

“Where’s your husband at, Ji? Where’s my son-in-law?” your mother coos from the other room. I sit against the wall and listen to you.

“My uh—Ri’s… working. He’s not home right now.” Maybe your mother notices your stumble over the word husband because she doesn’t press any further.

Later, when I ask you who was at the door, you tell me it was just a friend.

---

I know you heard me crying this morning.

Tonight was the first night you brought someone else home.

---

I’m frozen. I can’t move even though I really want to. I think I’ll die if I don’t.

You’re lips slide over hers. She wraps her legs around your waist. Your shirt is on the floor, joined by her skimpy dress. I hadn’t realized how practiced you seemed at unfastening bra straps.

I can’t tear myself away until you’re fumbling with the buckle on your belt.

---

We don’t talk anymore. You never touch me for longer than a second, and that’s if you can’t help it. We sleep in
separate rooms and I’m always so, so cold now without your arms around me.

I remember when you used to kiss me awake each morning and how you’d tell me you loved me at every chance you got. When you’d rather stay home with me when I was sick than go out to the club. When I came first and always would be.

When did that change?

---

When I wake to find a ring on the pillow that you used to sleep on, I resist the urge to cry. Instead, I just roll over and fall back asleep.

Maybe if I close my eyes, it’ll all go away.

---

Whatever happened to death ‘till us part, anyway?

---

I take drowning my sorrows a little too seriously. I choke on the scorching whiskey that I down in one. I’m more
than a little tipsy and everyone at the bar looks too much like you.

---

I barely register the vicious look on your face before you’ve pushed your way into the apartment and you’re yelling and yelling and I find myself screaming back. The faceless boy that I brought back with me is scared and runs out the door.

You keep screaming at me, ‘YOU’RE MINE, YOU’RE MINE!’, but I don’t understand. I don’t understand it when you press your lips against mine, I don’t understand why you’re pulling my pants down, and I don’t understand the pain.

---

I wake up and you’re crying and you’re begging and you’re on your hands and knees.

But all I could think about was how beautiful you were in the morning and how happy I was that I could wake up to your face just one last time.

Maybe I’m foolish, or just plain stupid, but I can’t help but think that maybe you’ve fallen in love with me.