Valentine's Day Drabbles - 1

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Hi! Back for Valentine's Day with 7 drabbles, 6 of which I wrote for the Kpop Valentine's Gift Exchange to fulfill other people's prompts, and the first one was my own prompt that I wanted to write for myself anyway :) Hope you enjoy it anyway!


1 - RiRin (Roses are red, Violets are blue, I at rhyming, and these poems are lame anyway.)

“Chaerin?”

Chaerin looks up from the verse she’s trying to figure out and rolls her eyes once she realizes it’s just SeungRi. “What do you want, SeungRi? Kinda busy here.”

SeungRi grins and walks into the studio, standing behind her and peering at her lyrics. Chaerin twitches them out of sight self-consciously. SeungRi clears his throat. “I, um, had a question for you.”

Chaerin swivels around in her chair and raises an eyebrow at SeungRi. “Yeah?”

“I know it’s a bit early, but you seem like the kind of person who gets a lot of admirers.” SeungRi’s voice sounded a bit disgruntled at this. Chaerin just looked him, completely nonplussed. SeungRi clears his throat. “So, um, do you wanna be my Valentine?” The words come out in a rush.

“What?! You’ve got to be joking me!” SeungRi isn’t sure whether or not to be insulted or not.

“I’m not joking, I’m serious.”

Sure you are. And I like to dance in the snow. Not a very funny joke, SeungRi. Did your hyungs put you up to this?” When SeungRi shook his head, Chaerin snorted. “So, what then? Oh, I know! I bet you asked all the other noonas and they all dumped you, so you’re here for your desperate shot at me!”

SeungRi gawked at her. “Why would I ask anyone else if I wanted you?”

This robbed Chaerin of the scathing retort she had planned. “You wanted me?”

“Well, I’m here aren’t I?” SeungRi looked down at his feet, cheeks bright red, looking completely embarrassed and... shy. Nothing like the cocky idiot that was the SeungRi she knew and loved to tease. And that made Chaerin begin to believe that SeungRi was being serious.

“Oh. Well, uh...” Chaerin looked around awkwardly, not quite sure what to do in this kind of situation. She turned to the thing she did best. “Well, if you really want me as your stupid valentine or whatever, you’re going to have to do better than that. I don’t come cheap, you know.” She looked at SeungRi expectantly.

SeungRi’s eyebrows furrowed in thought, before he shrugged. He took a deep breath and prepared to knock Chaerin off her feet with his smooth, smooth words he’d picked up from JiYong.

“Roses are red—”

“Seriously?!” Chaerin gaped at SeungRi and rolled her eyes. Cheesy, cliché, ridiculous. It was clear he’d gotten it from his hyungs. Those boys were a terrible influence on the maknae.

“Violets are blue.” SeungRi paused then, trying to remember the words JiYong had taught him. Damn his incompetence at English!

“Well?”

“Roses are red, Violets are blue,” SeungRi repeated, struggling for a moment before giving up with a shrug. “I at rhyming, and these poems are lame anyway,” he finished in Korean. “So will you just agree to be my Valentine?”

Chaerin tried how fluttery she felt at SeungRi’s request and sighed theatrically. “Fine. I’ll be your Valentine.”

At this, SeungRi’s eyes lit up and a huge goofy grin crossed his face. “Really?! You’re serious?!”

“Why are you so surprised?”

SeungRi shrugged. “I didn’t think you’d actually agree.”

“So what? You came here and asked me anyway, thinking that I’d probably say no, tease you relentlessly and tell everyone else about it, too?”

“Well, you said yes. Which makes the potential humiliation worth it.”

“You like me that much?”

“Mhm.”

“Oh.” Chaerin was confused again. Because, come on! This is SeungRi. There’s a reason they’re named the Cat and Dog couple. That SeungRi actually felt something for was completely shocking. Even more shocking, Chaerin found herself actually liking the idea. “Well, I suppose you won’t make such a bad Valentine after all. But you should know; I expect the whole nine yards. Cards, candy, teddy bears. Everything.”

“Would you expect anything less of me?”

Chaerin laughed. “I guess not.”

 

AN: There are 6 more, but they will be shown after reveals for the exchange (sorry, rules), but that'll be tomorrow, so I'll update with the rest then! Also, thanks for those who subscribed to "Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder" (which will henceforth be referred to as BEB).

Edit: I decided against posting part 1 of BEB today because I want to post the whole thing at once, rather than in parts, because you need to read the whole thing to get the message. Sorry, but you'll have to wait a bit longer :/