To Youngbae's Horror (BaeRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Word Count: 1 112
Genre: Crack, Fluff
Summary: Much to Youngbae's horror, the maknae takes things way too far.
AN: This was originally gonna be GRi and angst, but screw that, crack FTW! The BaeRi is inspired by the blatant BaeRi in 2NE1TV.
 

“Bowling?!” SeungRi jumps up from his spot on the couch and races over to his hyung’s side. “We’re going bowling?!”

“Down, SeungRi!” JiYong snaps, pushing the kid away from him by the head. “And no, we’re not going anywhere. SeungHyun and I are going bowling. You and Dae are going to see a magic show.”

SeungRi stares at JiYong, his eyes huge. “A magic show?” he whispers.

“Yeah. You and Dae—”

HYUUUUUUNG!” SeungRi shrieks as he sees YoungBae walk into the room. “TELL HIM TO LET ME GO BOWLING! I DON’T WANNA SEE A STUPID MAGIC SHOW!” SeungRi shouts until he’s red in the face and YoungBae looks as if he’s lost all hearing in one ear.

YoungBae looks over at JiYong, and then back at SeungRi, a nervous look in his eyes. “Er... well, SeungRi, you can’t go bowli—”

THAT’S NOT FAIR!”

“SeungRi! Stop yelling!” YoungBae scolded. SeungRi fell silent, but not without pouting deeply at both YoungBae and JiYong. “Look, what if I go with you two? It’ll be the three of us! I’ll buy you ice-cream!”

SeungRi shook his head, pointing stubbornly at JiYong. “I wanna go with Ji-hyung! He always goes out with TOP and—”

“TOP-hyung,” YoungBae corrected automatically.

“I’m always left at home or doing something absurdly childish with DaeSung and you!” SeungRi continued, ignoring YoungBae. “And hyung!” SeungRi cried to JiYong. “You knew I was scared of clowns! You knew it and you still made me go while you and TOP got to—”

“TOP-hyung, SeungRi.”

“Go to the amusement park! It’s like you two are dating or something!” JiYong and YoungBae exchange a glance. “So it’s only fair that I get to come with you this time!”

“No, SeungRi—” YoungBae said gently.

“Pleaaaase—”

“I said no, SeungRi!” JiYong snarled. “I don’t need you to be bugging and pestering me like a freaking little kid, okay! Just leave me alone!”

Silence. There was an audible snap as SeungRi’s jaw shut abruptly. A shocked expression filled his face before tears welled up as he glared at JiYong. JiYong seemed to realize his mistake right away.

“Oh , look Ri, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it—” But it was too late. SeungRi had stalked out of the living room and slammed his door shut.

JiYong looked at YoungBae helplessly before checking his watch.

“Damnit! I’m going to be late for TOP.” JiYong sighs. He starts to make his way to SeungRi’s room.

“Nah, JiYong, it’s okay. I’ll take care of it,” YoungBae offers.

JiYong seems to consider it for a moment, but shakes his head, “He’s gonna sulk and sulk if I don’t make up with him. And you know how he gets when he sulks,” he says with a grimace, remembering the nights where SeungRi refused to join the others at the table for dinner and always made snarky comments the next day at whatever schedule they had planned, most directed towards JiYong.

“JiYong,” YoungBae says. “I said, I’ll take care of it.” There’s a steely determination underneath his friendly gesture, which makes JiYong look at his best friend cautiously.

“Uh, sure, Bae,” he says. He cracks a grin, “I gotta get going now. You know how TOP gets when I make him wait.” He winks.

“Yeah, have fun ‘bowling’, Ji,” Bae responds, back to his easygoing banter.

“I’ll make sure to play with a lot of balls for you.” Again with that leer.

“What?! No, thanks, I don’t want to play with any balls,” YoungBae shivers. He waves goodbye, ignoring JiYong’s call of ‘Sure you don’t’, before turning and preparing himself for the maknae.

When YoungBae opens the door to SeungRi’s room, as expected, SeungRi is sitting in his bed scowling at his bed sheets fiercely.

“Hey, Ri.” YoungBae lounges easily next to SeungRi on his bed, not moving as SeungRi half-heartedly tries to push him off.

“Go away, hyung,” he mumbles.

“Oh, come on, SeungRi, don’t you wanna talk about it? You should stop sulking.”

“Why doesn’t Ji-hyung ever want to hang out with me?” he asks petulantly.

“It’s not that he doesn’t want to spend time with you, he just wants to spend time with TOP right now.”

“Why do they always hang out together then, huh?” SeungRi asks suspiciously. It puts YoungBae in a very difficult position, because he hates lying.

“Well, I’m not supposed to tell you this,” he begins, rolling his eyes at how SeungRi immediately starts paying attention and leans in, “But when two people like each other very much—”

YoungBae was cut off as SeungRi let out a high-pitched shriek and started giggling madly.

You’re not saying they’re dating are you?!” he chokes out in between gasps of laughter.

“Er…”

“Hah!” SeungRi says, slapping YoungBae’s knee painfully. “This explains so much!” He pauses, before looking at YoungBae expectantly and saying, “You don’t think they’d object to a , do you?” He is rewarded for his question from the shocked and scandalized expression on his hyung’s face.

“Hahaha!” SeungRi chortles, rolling around on his bed while pointing at YoungBae’s indignant scowl.

“Lee SeungHyun! I – How dare you!” YoungBae splutters, absolutely horrified at the thought.

“Relaaaax, hyung! I’m just joking!” He dodges YoungBae’s smack before saying, “I bet they’re not even bowling right now! They’re probably fuc—OW, hyung!” This time, YoungBae manages to clip SeungRi’s head with his hand.

SeungRi pouts for a bit, rubbing his head unnecessarily, before a bright idea (or so he thinks) hits him.

“Hey, hyung! What if we dated? I mean, I’d rather JiYong, but you’re cool, too, hyung!”

If YoungBae had been drinking anything, he probably would have spat it out all over SeungRi’s face. As it was, he choked mid-breath, his eyes whirling to meet SeungRi’s.  

WHAT?!” YoungBae shrieked, thereby losing any cool points he had won by wearing sunglasses indoors.

“Yeah! We could be like Ji-hyung and TOP—”

“TOP-hyung.”

“… and we’d never have the problem of it getting out or anything, or long-distance relationships, and we’d see each other all the time, and—”

“I- No- Wait-”

“… I could get you Legos for our anniversary because I like them—”

“NO!!” YoungBae interjected, his voice panicky.

 SeungRi looked at him knowledgeably, nodding. “Is this our first couple fight, then, hyung?”

“WHAT? NO—” He broke off in horror as SeungRi patted him on the head. “What the fu—”

“It’s okay, hyung. I forgive you.” SeungRi gets up from the bed, phone in hand. “I’ll go make reservations, okay?”

“But—”

“I’ll call you with the details later, all right? I love you, baby!” And with that, he left the room.

SeungRi!”

 

AN: Oooh, did you like this update? Mostly non-GRi! We got some TOPRi, BaeRi, and even ToDae! I'm thinking the next update has more non-GRi as well! You like?