Surprise, Surprise (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Fluff
Summary: I don't see what thousand dollar dress shirts and outrageously orange sweaters have to do with ice-cream.
AN: Fluff for my angst-ridden journal, kind of like the happy version of "Wedding Days", or, if you want, the prequel to "Wedding Days", but that's just sad.
 

“Where are we goiiiiiing, hyung?” I whined, again. JiYong was towing my arm around town (Why were we walking, we could get caught, we didn’t even hide our faces!), cheerfully grinning and whistling a tune I couldn’t place.

“Here, there, and everywhere, maknae. You know the drill, right?” He turned to look at me and I was momentarily stunned by how amazing JiYong looked today. Of course, he had spent the past three hours getting ready (the previous three were spent on me), getting dressed up for some unknown reason. When I’d asked him, he’d said vaguely, we’re going to get ice-cream. What thousand dollar dress shirts (me) and outrageously orange sweaters (him) had to do with ice-cream, I had no idea.

In fact, I had no idea what “the drill” was either, seeing as this was the first time we’d ever gone out together like this, like a couple, and I was somewhat nervous as to what the occasion was.

“I thought you said we were going for ice-cream?” I asked him slowly as we bounced (yes, we were bouncing now) past our favourite ice-cream store.

“What? When did I say that? I said were going for groceries!” He rolled his adorable dark eyes at me, pulling me a bit faster. We started skipping. I’m pretty sure I saw a bunch of school girls start giggling at us and more than a few adults eyeing us weirdly. I sighed.

“...We passed the grocery store a long time ago, hyung.”

“Aish! What’s with all the questions?”

“That wasn’t a question.” I smirked at him and ducked as he swatted at my head.

“Shut up. You don’t need to know where we’re going.”

“But, hyuuuung...”

“Don’t hyung me, Lee Seunghyun.”

I grinned. “But, baaaaaaaaby...” I said loudly in the middle of the street we were crossing. I could see him laughing and shaking his head at me, but he didn’t turn around.

Abruptly, the second we were off the road, JiYong pulled me into an alley.

“Hyu—wha—”

Suddenly, there were hot lips pressed onto mine, his tongue persistent as I opened my mouth to let him in. I groaned when he pulled away just as suddenly as he came, my mouth, and my body, yearning for more.

“What was it that you were saying before, baby?” JiYong asked me, smirking.

“I... uh... I don’t remember now, hyung...”

“That’s what I thought.” And with that, he resumed his grip on my hand, and started pulling again, still whistling and his huge grin put back on his face. I shook my head and smiled. Typical JiYong.

“Oh! Are going to see YoungBae-hyung’s concert?” I asked excitedly as we neared the huge stadium. We entered the stadium and made our way backstage.

“Wow... YoungBae-hyung has the coolest set ever!”  I raced over to the entrance of the stage and saw YoungBae, or rather Taeyang, dancing and singing to his song “I’ll Be There”.

“Yah, hyung! Watch this, watch this; I can totally copy YoungBae-hyung! JiYong-hyung! Look at me!” I waved at him and then proceeded to do my crappy imitation of YoungBae’s jump move that had garnered me much attention and amusement from variety show guests. JiYong rolled his eyes and pulled me back to where he stood.

“Stop fidgeting, maknae. You’re going to get sweaty and ruin all my hard work. We’re about to go on, anyway.”

“What?! We... we’re going onstage?

“Yup.” He smiled at me, taking my hand.

“Bu—but, I don’t – why – you’re wearing a fluorescent orange sweater, hyung!” I panicked, looking at my lover with incredulous eyes. Was he seriously about to walk onstage wearing a bright orange sweater with a freaking pony on the front?

“Well, thanks, maknae. I’m glad you like it! Don’t you love the unicorn?”

“Uni-unicorn?”

“Well, duh. It has a horn and everything! Ha! It’s like it’s going to poke you, no?” He proceeded to bump me in the chest, stretching his sweater as if that would make the horn real enough to poke me. He started laughing uncontrollably at my horrified expression.

“Relax, Ri!” he said while laughing, poking me in the stomach.

Suddenly, at some unheard signal, he straightened up and grabbed my hand again.

“Oooh! Look, we’re up next!” He grinned and turned towards the stage, bouncing on the spot.

“But, hyung! What are we gonna do onst-” I was cut off as JiYong suddenly bellowed like a madman (I jumped about a foot in the air) and went galloping onto the stage like the unicorn on his sweater, dragging me along with him. I yelped in surprise as I was suddenly onstage in front of the blinding lights and amidst thousands of screaming girls.

“Hello, everybody! I’m G-Dragon!!!” JiYong screamed into a mic that appeared out of nowhere. I saw YoungBae wince from the noise in his earbud, and winced myself at the onslaught of cheering VIPs.

“And this is SeungRi!!!” This time, JiYong cheered along with the girls.

“Well, you all know that me and SeungRi-ssi are super-duper close, right?” He paused to let the fans scream their agreement. “Well, you know why? It’s because I love that kid.” Screams and cheers filled the stadium as hundreds of fangirls started fanning themselves. JiYong grinned at me. I walked over to him, a huge smile on my face (fan-service, I was actually freaking out. Where the hell was he going with this?). He slipped an arm around my shoulders and handed me the mic.

“Ah, yes. That’s right. But... JiYong! Didn’t you know? I have a girlfriend!” I spoke on-the-spot, the catchphrase on the tip of my tongue. I was grinning for real now as I passed the mic back to JiYong, who pouted adorably.

“What?! How could you do that to us? To me?” He raised his hands dramatically, wailing like a sick cat. “Who is it? Who stole you from me?!” By now, the fans were going crazy, soaking up our impromptu drama scene, some girls were actually crying.

“My girlfriend is...” I paused. “All my fans.” I swept my arms over the crowd. I laughed into the mic as a thousand groans and laughs filled the room.

“Well, jeez, maknae. I’m your fan. Makes this pretty awkward, eh?” JiYong laughed.

YoungBae joined in. “Yah! Does this mean you’re cheating on me? I’m your number 1 fan!”

“Aigoo, you know I love both of you, hyung!”

“Yah! YoungBae-hyung! Maknae is mine, got it?” He said this jokingly, his arm wrapping around my waist. I couldn’t help but relax a little into his arms. He squeezed.

The crowd was going wild as they laughed along with our stupid little play. JiYong nodded and winked at YoungBae before turning to face me seriously.

“Lee Seunghyun,” he enunciated slowly, capturing everyone’s attention. I looked at him awkwardly, what the hell was he doing now. “I... love you.” My eyes popped out of my head. I felt the mic being pressed into my hand.

I laughed a slightly high-pitched and hysterical laugh. YoungBae was grinning at me evilly. “Hyung! I think we c-covered that...” He grabbed the mic out of my hand.

“I love you,” he repeated. “I love you so damn much and it kills me every day that you’re not mine and mine alone.” I, along with the rest of the stadium, was hanging onto his every word, my mouth wide open.

“So that’s why...” He trailed off and put his hand into the pocket of his jeans. I noticed for the first time a slight bulge in his pocket. JiYong slowly knelt on one knee. With one hand he was holding mine tightly; with the other he was holding... a ring box...

The stadium exploded. Seriously, for a moment I actually thought something had exploded. Thousands of fans were now screaming, sobbing and shouting. Security guards were straining to restrain the wild fans from jumping on the stage and mobbing us. I was standing perfectly still, not quite understanding what was happening.

“Lee Seunghyun. I promise to love you for every minute of every day for the rest of forever. Will you marry me?” He looked at me, all amusement and joking gone from his eyes as he put his heart on the line. Love shone and radiated from every inch of him.

I looked down at the love of my life, who was proposing to me in his stupid orange sweater, and I almost laughed out loud. Almost. Instead, I whispered a yes, and pulled him up. He slid a slight ring on my fourth finger, its twin glinting on his finger. He pulled me into a heart stopping kiss. I ignored the screaming fans and focused instead on the beating of two hearts as one, of two souls forever entwined.

When we broke the kiss, JiYong leaned his forehead into mine and whispered an I love you that was meant just for me, and not for the fans.

I love you, too.”