Present and Future (GRi, sliiiight BaeRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Title: Present and Future
Author: VVIPforSeungri
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: G-Ri, Sliiiiight BaeRi :)
Word Count: 814
Genre: Angst... yeah, I know.
Summary: What happened before and after.
Disclaimer: I don't own them, no matter how hard I try.
AN: Not my fault. Blame ymo1557 xD This drabble WAS kinda pointless, but whatever. It was so hard to think of a summary for this, because it's just so random!
 

The tears in your eyes make me want to start crying myself. Make me want to fall onto my knees and beg for forgiveness. Make me want to take everything I said back.

But I won’t. I can’t.

Because I knew all too well that you’d take me back in a heartbeat.

Regret tugs at me and turn my feet into lead, but I still force them to turn around and to walk away, each step feeling like a step on broken glass when I know it’s really just pieces of your heart.

---

“Everything’s going to be all right... isn’t it?”

“Ha. You’re funny, Ri. Quoting my own line at me?”

You flash a grin before your face becomes serious again. “But isn’t it?”

I sigh and I hope to God I’m not lying when I say, “Yes, it is.”

---

“I thought—”

“Well, you thought wrong.” The acid in my voice leaves a bitter taste that I wish I could drown with the sweetness of your lips.

You look taken aback, but the indignation in your eyes doesn’t fade. “But we love each other,” you state bluntly, as if that alone could fix all of the problems in the world.

With an almost familiar weight on my heart, I groan and whisper, “Sometimes, that isn’t enough.”

---

“You really shouldn’t have done it, Ji.”

I roll my eyes and try not to take SeungHyun’s words too seriously. “Whatever. He had fun and that’s all that matters.”

SeungHyun lets out a sound of annoyance and shuffles away angrily, only pausing to say, “BIGBANG matters more,” over his back before skulking back to his room.

Doubt nags at me but the delicious sound of your laughter rings in my ears and I can’t bring myself to care all that much.

---

I see you and you’re laughing to your YoungBae-hyung and I’m wondering why you can’t see me ripping at the seams.

I wonder why you’re whispering when I’m not even listening.

I wonder why the smile on your face looks forced.

Or maybe I’m just imagining things.

---

“I don’t think we should do it again, Ri.”

“But hyung!” The unmistakeable whine is back in your voice. “It was so much fun! And you promised! You promised!”

“Aren’t you worried about what people will say?”

The smile on your face falters for a split-second, but it’s a split-second too long. You know I don’t hear it when
you hurriedly tell me, “No.”


How much are they hurting you, Ri? You shouldn’t be hurting, Ri. You shouldn’t. Not over me.

But then you smile again and it breaks both my resistance and my heart in one blow.

“Fine.”

---

I guess I was too late.

The world is abuzz and I can’t walk 5 steps out of the house without hearing the word hissed into my ear.

I listen to the sound of your crying coming through from the other side of the wall and it hurts me more than it hurts you. I close my eyes and accept the pain.

I wish I wasn’t alone.

I wish I could at least be alone with you.

I wish I wasn’t so selfish.

---

“I don’t know what game you’re playing at, JiYong, but it needs to stop now! Before the press gets wind of this!” YG slams his fist onto the table in front of him, looking a lot more formidable now that he’s lost his hat.

“It’s not a game, sajang-nim.” He looks at me as if I’ve slapped him, before the hints of disgust start to colour his eyes as well.

“I don’t care. You’re to stop messing around with SeungHyun and stop messing up your career!”

I’m about to say I don’t care about my career when YG says something else.

“And stop messing up his.”

---

“But I love you.”

“I wish you didn’t.”

You’re in my arms again and I hate myself for being so weak. But at least you’re not crying anymore.

... “Why not?”

“Because you shouldn’t.”

“They don’t hurt me.” The unwavering determination in your eyes makes me wonder where the innocent and
helpless maknae I once knew went. “And they shouldn’t hurt you either.”

“But they do,” I whisper, my eyes fixed on your hands as I play with them.

I make a move to get up but you only hold on tighter and you think I’m talking about myself when you should know I only care about you.

---

“We need to stop this.”

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“We shouldn’t see each other anymore.”

Your arms suddenly tighten around mine in panic as you ask me, “Why?”

I realize you’re not going to let go, so I in a breath and say, “Because I don’t want to anymore.”

The tears in your eyes make me want to start crying myself...