Missing You Sweetly (GRi)

Love In The Dark - A Series of Drabbles

Jiyong wakes up one morning at four a.m. and the first thing that comes to his mind is that he misses Seungri.

It’s been months since they’ve last met and weeks since Jiyong’s last thought of Seungri. But as Jiyong shifts and tries to get comfortable again, he remembers the time when he’d wake up with Seungri in his arms, telling him to go back to sleep, hyung, I’m tired.

Eventually, Jiyong does fall back asleep, but not before he checks his phone to see if he’s deleted Seungri’s number or not. He falls asleep with a smile once he realizes he hasn’t.

***

When Seungri gets up the next morning, the first thing he does is check his phone. He has a missed phone call from his mother, and Youngbae texting him that he’d be late and wouldn’t be able to make lunch after all. Seungri replies to this immediately, telling Youngbae that it was no problem, that he’d see him later.

But when Seungri scrolls down a little more, he sees a text that makes his eyebrows rise in surprise. It’s a text from Jiyong, sent at 4:07 in the morning. Seungri opens the text.

***

Jiyong’s overly happy when he receives a reply later that morning, Seungri agreeing to meet him for lunch. Seungri doesn’t mention where, but Jiyong can hazard a good guess as to where they’d be meeting.

At half-past eleven, Jiyong leaves his apartment and gets in his car, driving down the familiar roads and tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of a song playing in his head. He parks in his usual spot and gets out; looking up at the restaurant’s shabby sign and smiling at the memories.

Jiyong turns around and looks, grinning like a fool as he spots Seungri’s car in his usual spot. Jiyong’s heart picks up with excitement. He heads for the entrance, only hesitating for a second before entering.

***

Seungri takes a sip of his coffee as he waits for Jiyong to arrive, wrinkling his nose and adding another packet of sugar at the bitter taste. He won’t deny that he’s excited; he hasn’t seen Jiyong in months after all. Considering that they’d just spent five months apart after a five year relationship, it had to be normal to be happy to see Jiyong again. Though he’d gotten used to living alone again, it didn’t mean he didn’t miss the ease and joy of living with someone else.

Seungri’s sure that Jiyong would remember to meet him here, as they had so many times before. They’d made a point to eat here every week when they’d been together, always trying the restaurant’s special of the week and laughing with the wait staff they’d gotten familiar with. So Seungri doesn’t doubt that Jiyong was on his way, Seungri just wishes Jiyong would hurry up. It’s been an awful long time, after all.

Seungri looks up and sees Jiyong walking toward him. He smiles.

***

Seungri looks sweet as ever, thinks Jiyong, grinning as he plops himself down into his usual side of the booth.

“Hey,” Seungri says.

“Hey,” Jiyong replies. It’s not awkward, it’s familiar.

“How’s it been going?”

“Not bad, you?”

“Not bad.”

Jiyong watches Seungri, drinking in the sight of him. He notices how Seungri’s changed his hair and let it grow out a bit, how his under-eye circles have gotten better. How his face is fuller and that he looks happy. Jiyong’s heart warms and easy affection fills him. Cute as ever, Seungri was.

The waitress comes then, asking them for their orders before gasping and squealing as she recognizes them.

“Oh my gosh! If it isn’t Jiyong and Seungri! Where have you two been?” she exclaims, all smiles and friendly hugs.

Jiyong looks at Seungri for a second before answering, “Well, we’ve been mostly going our own ways. We broke up five months ago.”

It’s almost comical how the waitress’ face falls with despair. “Oh no! How terrible!”

Seungri just smiles in reassurance. “Don’t worry, it wasn’t anything bad. We just... we just moved on, I guess. It was a mutual thing.”

“But you’re here together again!”

Seungri looks at Jiyong with a raised eyebrow. “Well, Jiyong here randomly texted me this morning saying that he wanted to meet up. I said yes... and here we are, I guess.”

Jiyong just shrugs and grins. “I missed you, Seungri.”

Seungri hesitates before a slow smile grows on his face. “I guess I missed you, too, Jiyong. Actually, that’s a lie, I know I missed you. A lot.”

“How you could ever live without me, I don’t know,” proclaimed Jiyong, teasing.

“You’ve got it wrong, hyung, it’s you who can’t live without me,” replied Seungri, laughing.

***

Seungri and Jiyong eat their lunch, talking amicably and catching up on each other’s lives. Seungri tells Jiyong about his new job in the city and how he’s aiming for a promotion, just his boss is a total . Jiyong updates Seungri on the status of his album that he’s self-producing from his computer and promises to send Seungri the first copy when it’s finished.

When it’s time to leave, they both stand and shrug on their jackets, still laughing over a story Seungri just told.

“Well, it was really nice seeing you, Seungri. I really did miss you, you know,” said Jiyong, smiling still, but a little sadly now.

“Yeah. I missed you, too. It’s was weird at first, waking up and remembering you weren’t there anymore. I guess I just got really used to you. We should meet up more often, then, hyung. Just because we’ve broken up doesn’t mean we can’t be friends, right?” Seungri asks a little shyly.

“I’d like that, Seungri,” replied Jiyong softly. “Friends forever, remember?” Jiyong steps forward and wraps his arms around Seungri. Seungri leans in and reciprocates easily, losing himself in the familiarity of Jiyong’s embrace. Too soon, they break apart, but this time it’s not as sad, because Seungri knows that they’ll keep in touch. Perhaps he wasn’t meant to be in love with Jiyong, but Jiyong was still a huge part of Seungri’s life, of who Seungri was. Five months was much too long.

They say goodbye and leave in their respective cars, headed back to their respective lives. But they leave knowing they’ll see each other again. It makes both of them smile at the thought.

 

AN: FINALLY something not ing depressing. Just something short written legitimitely at 3 in the morning just because the Script is amazing. I wish I wasn't in such a ty mood, I liked writing this.